Reviews for Idiot Savant
animus nocendi chapter 1 . 4/26
This might be the best thing I've ever read. I'm in stitches. I realize this was written over ten years ago and I have no idea why I haven't stumbled upon it before. Thank you so very much.
The One Who Reads Too Much chapter 1 . 12/29/2015
"Artemis plowed through the undergrowth, listening to Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries" on the surround-sound stereo system."

Holly would be proud.

"Artemis became quite a good driver."

Suspension of disbelief broken. This must be all lies!

Overall, this perfectly encapsulates my feelings whenever my parents try to Interact with me.
Well done.
mallea chapter 1 . 5/4/2015
I am told that this is the pinnacle of 'funny' AF fics. It is not. What a disappointment.
whitealmond chapter 1 . 5/3/2015
Absolutely hilarious. Every word was a jewel. Reminds me of Pratchett's writing. Loved it!
Hollycopter chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
I LOVE IT!
Amazing!
Do another one!
kaiiju chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
This was absolutely hysterical, thanks for the great read!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
I should like to point out that we Europeans call trainers trainers because you train in them. Train as in work out, run and stuff, not train as in chugga chugga chugga chugga toot toot! type train. So yeah, there is a reason. I dunno why you Americans call them sneakers though.
Claw chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
Charming and funny. And I'm a terrible driver too.
AmitraDay chapter 1 . 11/10/2010
It's been years and years and years since I read this story, and I still savor it to this day. Thank you so much for writing it. I was crying a few minutes ago and this cheered me up right away. You're an excellent writer, and I hope you go on to write more.
Dreaming Maya chapter 1 . 11/4/2010
I had to Google what an Idiot Savant was - still don't get it.

But this story is still amazing!
artificialGenius chapter 1 . 10/22/2010
This is hilarious. XD I especially love the train metaphor part and the trademarked bodyguard actions/things/whatever and the vampire smile. And the "things Which We Don't Talk About" and the like.
Holly-Rose Fowl-Casson chapter 1 . 10/6/2010
Oh, I love this! And I didn't see the Monty Python or Douglass Adams references... Well, you did an amazing job, with a writing style almost exactly like Eoin Colfer's. And one more question: An labhraionn tu Gaeilge?
Starburstia chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
holy cow freakin GREAT. Love you and your story!
zapoteca chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
This story was so fantastic! You made me laugh out loud a number of times, and kept me smiling all the way through!
xxfirebubblesxx chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
I HAVEN'T REVIEWED THIS BEFORE EVEN THOUGH IT'S ON MY FAVORITES LIST? SERIOUSLY?

ahem. okay. i love it. the brilliantest, funniest, Artemis fic out there. you made him so lovable, especially with your liberal use of capitalization and TMs.

Mr. Fowl came around a few minutes later. "Domovoi Jacques Butler."

The manservant snapped to attention. "Sir!"

"We are on a Mission." The resolve in Mr. Fowl's voice could have launched a thousand ships and a squadron of artillery.

Butler resisted the urge to salute.

i felt unexplicably excited at this part.

Undaunted, Mr. Fowl threw open the massive drapes. Stormy light trickled in like oatmeal. Rain threw itself against the windowpanes like bullets. Occasionally, to make things interesting, the rain threw a soggy bird against the windowpanes. Mr. Fowl beamed like the absent sun.

very nice simile :D