Reviews for Adrenaline Rush
zeonista13 chapter 1 . 11/2/2014
This is one of the best short characterizations of Nabiki that I've ever read. I wish you had a longer story to go with it.
FadingGrin chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
A VERY good characterization of Nabiki, I think. I especially like how you tied the canon obsession with earning money into your point of view of her, since we're not really given that much insight into her character other than for the greed in the series. I think the story is also wrapped up perfectly, the last lines just sent shivers down my spine. Awesome fic.:)
Azamiko chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
And this is why Nabiki was the coolest character.
hopeless chapter 1 . 7/11/2005
nice, but short.
RisingSun13 chapter 1 . 1/20/2005
This is quality. High quality. It's rare the one ever encounters ranma fanfics that are not

1. cliched to the point i can recite exactly what will happen next

2. devoid of background and psychological insight

3. poorly written (ie. LOUSY GRAMMAR)

4. or just plain stupid.

Your fanfic is none of the above. It's well written, intelligent, insightful, and fun to read. I would add this to my favorites list if i hadn't forgotten my password.
randi2204 chapter 1 . 4/20/2004
Nabiki's . . . well, shark-like nature has never endeared her to me too much; of the three sisters, I have always preferred Kasumi. But something drew me to read this piece, and I have to say I'm glad I did. It is a surprisingly insightful take on Nabiki, as well as on her sisters.
"Akane's the one who wants a normal life, who resents the insanity Ranma brings and screams at the tide to stop coming in. Kasumi's the one who hides behind masks, who soothes the tsunami.
They're the ones who locked themselves up when Mother died. They're the ones who need control. Nabiki accepted her loss long ago and moved on.
Nabiki is riding the chaos, skating the leading edge of the storm. She has never felt more alive in her life."
This is not something I had considered before, but it is true, in a sense, especially the comment on Kasumi, as we never, ever see her as anything but the calm homemaker. Akane's rages (magnified in fanfiction to astronomical levels), could very well be seen as her way of desperately trying to cling to a "normal" life, when hers is anything but.
It's good to see Nabiki as something other than the money-grubber, who seems to always need to be in control. Control, in this case, really IS an illusion. Very, very nicely done.