Reviews for Family
LoireLoa chapter 1 . 2/6
This piece made me really identify with Petunia. I think everyone with siblings feels left out at times, and for Petunia it was for a reason that she can't hope to compensate for.
InsertCoolUserName chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
Wow. I really do pity Petunia now. You've produced a beautiful piece.
NearlyGenius chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
My favorite part, "...she remembers the way the boys grinned shyly at her sister but called her horse-face..." because it's so sweet and yet it has that sense that Lily becomes beautiful while Petunia... doesn't.
thecivilunrest chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
Wow. I really liked this insight into Petunia's character. I think that this is actually the very first time that I've ever really read anything like this, and it was really well done.

Honestly I'd never really thought about Petunia and Lily's parents caring more about Lily than Petunia, but I suppose that I can see why you might draw that conclusion.

This is really well done, I really enjoyed it. Nothing didn't really 'not work for me'.
sydneygirl90 chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
Okay, I'll stop spamming you with reviews, I promise. I just love your writing so much! Your characterization of Petunia was spot on, in my opinion. The subtle longing that she has to have her sister back is so sweet, even though she denies it. Good work. :)
Illucida chapter 1 . 7/31/2009
I do believe you've made a convert out of me. I have never really thought of Petunia (and the rest of the Dursley's) very much, but stories like this and "Falls the Shadow" and the latest one makes me want to read more about them. It really puts a whole new perspective on things.
Little Kunai chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
interesting. another possible insight as to why Petunia ignored Harry and favored Dudley. She had been ignored so she did the same thing instead of learning from it. *sigh* typical human nature i
twilightscallingme chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
This was quite beautiful. Bravo.
Nelras chapter 1 . 9/15/2008
I'm sorry to be such a wimp about feedback, but all I can really say to this is that I like it the same way I like "Falls the Shadow" for most of the same reasons.
AmazingBouncingFerret445 chapter 1 . 1/11/2008
wow.. that was really good insight into Petunia's world. nice work! i like the idea that part of her hatred of magic came from her parents being killed by wizards, and how the police treated her like less than human. once again, really good job.
Nora D chapter 1 . 3/5/2006
I think this is really my favourite Petunia-fic. You really managed to put into words exactly what Petunia seems to be all about, and it's the first time I see it so well done. I feel a bit like crying... and that last sentence shocked me, but it was awesome.
smooth.stutter chapter 1 . 2/5/2006
Aw! Favourites no doubt!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/10/2005
GSYH chapter 1 . 12/6/2005
Wow, nice portrayl of Petunia and her relationship with her sister. Yeah, that fits in line with her new side revealed in Book 6, or 5? Where she shown she knew much more than her husband?

I never thought of Dumbledore as someone AS great as everyone thought him to be, for one thing, in Book 1's climax, he totally set Harry, an 11 year old, up against Voldemort.
Rocks-my-socks chapter 1 . 12/2/2005