Reviews for The Best Of Both Worlds
JayLiyah chapter 8 . 3/15/2006
This is excellent, I am really enjoying this! You have the right amount of humor mixed with action, drama and even hints of romance. I honestly didn't think the merging between FF7 and 8 could work but you so far proved me wrong.

I even love how you incorporate some of the dialogue from the game and even stay true to characterization. Man! Why didn't you finish this? Please please show you're alive or respond...
Ronin2 chapter 8 . 12/30/2003
Not bad in a way. 6 out of 12 points.
Yori Kiri chapter 8 . 11/9/2003
The comments made by Seifer are very funny. No doubt the girl he’s talking about is Rinoa. Hey, more dialogue from FF8 _ Nice.

This is SO cool! Seifer wants to be her sorceress’ knight! OMG. Nice little explanatory story. Makes a lot of sense. Wow.

Is Seifer stupid or what? He wants to be Ultimecia’s knight? Doesn’t he know that she’s planning to take over the world or something? That is definitely the Seifer we know from FF8. The arrogant boy who’s in search of his romantic dream.

Like the quotes. And nice fighting scene between Seifer and Squall. K-I-A, killed in action right? Squall has an interest in Rinoa, hmm... (It would be like Cloud and Tifa, but it’s NOT because I seriously believe that Square meant for Cloud and Aeris to be together). Anyway...

This story is really really interesting. At first I thought it would be similar to FF7 but with the characters of FF8 however the changes you made are so cool. I can’t wait to find out what happens next. Update soon. Oh, and what Zell said _ “...wonderfully told, good character narrative, and incredible special effects. Two thumbs up.” Bye...
Yori Kiri chapter 7 . 11/9/2003
Nice one Quistis! Hehe, I can just picture the position between Rinoa and Squall on the motorcycle _ “Don’t get any ideas.” Sarcastically: You’re right.

So that’s why you included Rinoa in the scene because in FF7, Cloud escaped on the motorcycle by himself right? If I remember clearly.

You are definitely a hellava action/adventure writer. You sure know a lot about weaponry and all that.

Yay, they’re going out into the big world of FF7.
Yori Kiri chapter 6 . 11/9/2003
I guess that’s exactly what Squall would do in a situation like that. “The Unholy Trinity” (Odine, Gast, and Hojo) *Laughs*

“What in the name of Zeus’s butthole is going on?” Yeah, leave it to Zell to think that way _
Yori Kiri chapter 5 . 11/9/2003
Don a “Fat tub of lard” *laughs* I guess you’re NOT after all. This is making SO MUCH sense. In a way, Quistis is sorta like Aeris (I know you’re not trying to replace the characters in FF7 with FF8, you just want to put them in their position.)
Yori Kiri chapter 4 . 11/9/2003
I still can’t picture Adel as a motherly figure. It’s very interesting with the sorceress thing and the genetic interrogation between the scientists and the children. A nice twist. “With great power comes great responsibility.” That’s from Spiderman. That scene where Rinoa and Quistis talked about Squall like he was nothing is the scene in FF7, Don Cornelio’s (Something like that) dungeon. Again, dialogue from FF8 _ Wall Market! So you ARE going for it!
Yori Kiri chapter 3 . 11/9/2003
Looks like things aren’t THAT similar after all. I guess no dressing up for Squall? And no date from Squall to Quistis either? _

The last scene with Quistis is SO funny! When Squall said Rinoa was his girlfriend, the dialogue’s from FF8. How’d you make that blue?
Yori Kiri chapter 2 . 11/9/2003
This is sweet between Squall and Rinoa. And the narration and writing is very good. The title ‘Roses and Wine’ is nice. How’dya put it up? Stupid question. You’re friend helped you (Intro). _ Squall’s gonna meet Rinoa (Tifa). The storyline’s a bit different. Rinoa doesn’t know Squall but Tifa knew Cloud. Still VERY interesting and things are similar to both FF7 and FF8!

I just thought about the whole dress up thing. Squall’s gonna dress up like a girl right? _
Yori Kiri chapter 1 . 11/9/2003
You’re totally right. I like your thinking! You always seem to make anything feel right and good. I used to think Selphie, Yuffie, and Rikku are similar in a way. They are in that they’re outgoing and fun, I guess, but they are different with their own uniqueness and their own background.

The idea sounds really interesting. And I have wondered about that idea before.

Fantastic intro with the stars and such. Love your writing. Haven’t played FF7 in a while now, so I might not remember a few things.

I think the flower girl will be played by Quistis. SeeD instead of Soldier! Nice... Haven’t pictured Zell as the leader type but oh well. Midgar Owls... You got Squall’s thinking right too. You are full of surprises, Darren. Ultimecia is Sephiroth! OR is Ultimecia, Jenova and Seifer is Sephiroth? Yup, I’m right the second time _

Zell is NOT OOC either. Watts and Zone seem to be themselves. So’s Xu. And Zell’s still the funny one... This is really good.

Quistis and Squall! I knew it! Squall has delusional problems like Cloud! Hahaha... A surprise at the end.
REM7 chapter 8 . 10/30/2003
I really like this story. I hope decide to continue it. Its unique and well written.
AffluentHeartache chapter 8 . 4/24/2003
This story's the boom! I love it...what more can I say? Ciao!
Tack chapter 8 . 4/13/2003
First review of 2003. Go me. Listen, man... you have to update this. I'm serious. It's a matter of life and... better life. Chop chop.
AffluentHeartache chapter 1 . 12/20/2002
wow your story is pretty amazing, oh well, catch u later, gonna go read other chapters now. _
Caleb Nova chapter 2 . 12/19/2002
I can't believe I let this story go for so long. By now you've almost finished the Omega too. God, that review history thing is just the best ever. Oh, and I hate to be picky, but in the first chapter with the bomb on the train and all- if the bomb exploded on impact with the X-ATM092, wouldn't it sort of blow up when Zell kicked it? Just a thought.