Reviews for As the Eagle Flies
CrownPandora chapter 21 . 12/29/2014
Oh man, this last chapter just killed me. The emotions riding up and down. My heart hurts and I wish he didn't have to die. Great writing!
JezebelleDoe chapter 21 . 12/13/2014
A beautifully and poetically written story. The intricacy of the plot and its movement were a pleasure to read. I have to admit, I cried at the end of this. A wonderful read- I hope to read more from you soon!
slightlyxjaded chapter 21 . 12/7/2014
Wow! That was a fantastic story! I must admit that I was surprised by the not-so-happy ending. I loved Serena's character...she was very strong...almost to a fault because as Jadeite realized a little too late, her words could be used to sooth or wound. Darien was passable...he kept the secret and took advantage of her for too long. I loved Nephrite! The sweet teddy bear! Kunzite was infuriating sometimes but likeable once you got past his always rational behavior. Zoicite was meh. Jadeite...c'mon! He was an ass until the end! He never made an effort to get to know Serena and everyone allowed it! He murdered her family...why even try to make them tolerate each other?! The ladies were simply wonderful friends, especially Lita. I hope that after Darien's death, she rekindled with them. Thank you for writing this truly amazing story!
xKamekox chapter 1 . 9/1/2014
Lookinf forward to more chapters
CrystalBud chapter 21 . 8/4/2014
that's so sad..
CrystalBud chapter 6 . 8/4/2014
i love this story :D
crimsontears82684 chapter 21 . 6/9/2014
Ok. Well, this was written is a great way. It is descriptive and could be moving and passionate at times. The integration of the main characters was done in an interesting way, as well as the introduction of the generals. As a stand alone, original fic this would well. There really wasn't enough of the original characters to differentiate this as only a SM fic.
The main problem with this fic is Serena. She is the literal embodyment of a Stockholm's Syndrome victim. The fact that after everything she still "loves" him is nausiating. Regardless of how "nice" he was or how "tragic" his back story, it doesn't change that he was her captor and manipulator. This story would have been more plausible if they had a prior relationship, i.e. during childhood, or if he was honest from the get-go about his problems, you know, treating her like an equal person and not property. I get that the story is like it is for the tension and "romance" but it cheapens Serena as a person and as a character. Her anger and hatered seems superficial and contrived as she doesn't really hold onto it past the first person that was nice to her.
Overall, the writting was well executed but the story was left lacking with the main character so unbelievable and mostly contrived.
cazzznom chapter 21 . 11/24/2013
This was so good I couldn't put it down! Amazing! You should seriously pursue getting it published! I cried like a baby at the end but it was beautiful and amazingly well written!
alPhha chapter 21 . 7/28/2013
I applaud you for your hard work and dedication! I enjoyed this very much! Though i do love my happy ever afters :'(
that1reviewer chapter 21 . 3/21/2013
Beautifully written! I loved how you incorporated literature into this fic. I did not like Endymion in the beginning, he seemed too evil to make readers like him. But his backstory did aid in humanizing him rather than the cruel stone of a man he appears to be. Loved loved loved the shitennou's relationships with the senshi. The last chapter seemed a bit rushed in endymion racing to serenity. Did expect a happy ending cause sad ones are rare, so I did get a bit angry. But it somehow worked, this serenity would wouldn't have forgave him and rushed into I'd arms so sudden. She did love him, but he did betray her. I commend you on sticking to it and delivering. The comment telling you to basically change your fic is just plain rude, it's perfect the way it is! :)
dori-tori chapter 21 . 10/8/2012
That is one fucking great story!
Everything about it was just so good! The story line, character perceptions, length of the chapters XD

Omfg so good. Haven't read a story like that in a while :) wasn't expecting his death tho :( wouldve loved a happily ever after :( but still a great ending.

Xx dori-tori
MiaSopapia chapter 21 . 9/28/2012
I cannot express enough how artful this fanfic was. I feel that you should go through and revise it to make all of the characters truly your own with their own names, looks (why, oh why, must Serena's eyes be "cerulean" over an over again!), and quirks. Indeed, I might recommend trimming down the Generals to three (or even two) in order to give each character (including the revised 2-3 mistresses) more autonomy, complexity, and individuality (I had a hard time, for example, truly distinguishing between Kunzite and Zoicite). Jadeite and Nephrite were the most endearing characters, either one of them being capable of additionally adopting the characteristics of the other two (though Kunzite was distinguishable enough within his stance as leader). Furthermore, I felt that Lita could have easily adopted the reserved intelligence of Amelia (especially as the independent female character who has her power over her property and her selfhood to protect from the clutches of another man, no matter how much she may love them). Mina and Rachael, given, could be a little less easy to consolidate. I'm glad I discovered this story through the love of Sailor Moon fanfic, but it deserves to not have to credit another author when it a story all its own.
As for the ending: While so many were disappointed by Darien's end, I thought those final moments were artistically perfect, even as it broke my heart and optimism for a happy ending (which may also be interesting to play with). This said, the major deviation I felt was in the lack of presence from the Sailor Senshi, who are so often the triumphant fighters, though this may be irrelevant if you choose to stand by the originality of your story. That said, I could not buy into Nephrite's reaction (shouting out in the middle of a battlefield). This behavior did not at all align with the behavior of a general. I understand the artistic intention behind this means of sparking the battle, but it simply does not fit the character, which made it feel like a cop-out. My only criticism.
While I loved how Darien's ending came about, in retrospect I would have liked to see this story going in a different direction before reaching that point. I would have liked to have seen Serena ultimately take action in defeating Diamond and defusing the battle. I do not know how that would happen (perhaps Nephrite getting hit instead of Jadeite would spark this). That said, in taking this change in direction, it is more likely that the ending would become a happy one, which would threaten the artistry of the tragedy you constructed.
Just some thoughts. All this said, thank you thank you thank you for sharing this story. Bravo!
hopelessromantic2314 chapter 21 . 8/19/2012
I didn't want darien to die, buy if he had to, I wish he would've gone with more love and grief. He just...died... I need closure.
angeljme chapter 21 . 7/12/2012
bitter end... for a well-written epic
Serafina Ravenwood chapter 20 . 3/16/2012
Dearest Silent Serenade,

Allow me freedom to express my immeasurable appreciation o due to your Work.

May God Damn You Repeatedly To Oblivion and Beyond!

This is BY FAR the most coherent and expressive literature in this site that I am so blessed to encounter.

One can get lost and drunk between the words.

I have read a lot of Shakespeare, Cervantes, Chaucer, Dante, Machiavelli, Aquinas, Bysshe-Shelly, Bronte and more...

and this CERTAINLY can stand with Proud humility among the shelves they rest upon.

BRAVA!