Reviews for As the Eagle Flies
celi303 chapter 21 . 8/20
Simply amazing...
Serenity05-2 chapter 21 . 8/11
I started reading this about 9 years ago, but only got a few chapters in before I stopped keeping up with fanfic. The return of Sailor Moon with the reboot Sailor Moon Crystal made me remember this story for some reason. But I couldn't remember what it was called, or who the author was; nor did I remember my account or my user name. After hours of searching I finally stumbled upon my old account (Serenity05), searching for one of my own stories, which let me to my fav authors. There was 80 of them. I literally looked through every author until I stumbled upon you and the story I was looking for. To be honest, this story was amazing. It didn't end how I would've preferred, I mean I was hoping Darien would live, but I still adore the story nonetheless. I can't believe I started reading it around 13-14, and finally got to finish it at 24 years old. I just thought you'd like to hear how loyal your readers are. Great job on this story.
anna chapter 21 . 1/12
how can i missed this story?
this story is beautifull. i have to admit that the not happy ending caught me off guard. seriously, the prince cant be dead. its too cruel for the lovely lady angelline :(
TropicalRemix chapter 13 . 12/23/2015
Darien/Endymion is like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. Why does he have to be an ass all the time.
CrownPandora chapter 21 . 12/29/2014
Oh man, this last chapter just killed me. The emotions riding up and down. My heart hurts and I wish he didn't have to die. Great writing!
JezebelleDoe chapter 21 . 12/13/2014
A beautifully and poetically written story. The intricacy of the plot and its movement were a pleasure to read. I have to admit, I cried at the end of this. A wonderful read- I hope to read more from you soon!
slightlyxjaded chapter 21 . 12/7/2014
Wow! That was a fantastic story! I must admit that I was surprised by the not-so-happy ending. I loved Serena's character...she was very strong...almost to a fault because as Jadeite realized a little too late, her words could be used to sooth or wound. Darien was passable...he kept the secret and took advantage of her for too long. I loved Nephrite! The sweet teddy bear! Kunzite was infuriating sometimes but likeable once you got past his always rational behavior. Zoicite was meh. Jadeite...c'mon! He was an ass until the end! He never made an effort to get to know Serena and everyone allowed it! He murdered her family...why even try to make them tolerate each other?! The ladies were simply wonderful friends, especially Lita. I hope that after Darien's death, she rekindled with them. Thank you for writing this truly amazing story!
xKamekox chapter 1 . 9/1/2014
Lookinf forward to more chapters
CrystalBud chapter 21 . 8/4/2014
that's so sad..
CrystalBud chapter 6 . 8/4/2014
i love this story :D
crimsontears82684 chapter 21 . 6/9/2014
Ok. Well, this was written is a great way. It is descriptive and could be moving and passionate at times. The integration of the main characters was done in an interesting way, as well as the introduction of the generals. As a stand alone, original fic this would well. There really wasn't enough of the original characters to differentiate this as only a SM fic.
The main problem with this fic is Serena. She is the literal embodyment of a Stockholm's Syndrome victim. The fact that after everything she still "loves" him is nausiating. Regardless of how "nice" he was or how "tragic" his back story, it doesn't change that he was her captor and manipulator. This story would have been more plausible if they had a prior relationship, i.e. during childhood, or if he was honest from the get-go about his problems, you know, treating her like an equal person and not property. I get that the story is like it is for the tension and "romance" but it cheapens Serena as a person and as a character. Her anger and hatered seems superficial and contrived as she doesn't really hold onto it past the first person that was nice to her.
Overall, the writting was well executed but the story was left lacking with the main character so unbelievable and mostly contrived.
cazzznom chapter 21 . 11/24/2013
This was so good I couldn't put it down! Amazing! You should seriously pursue getting it published! I cried like a baby at the end but it was beautiful and amazingly well written!
alPhha chapter 21 . 7/28/2013
I applaud you for your hard work and dedication! I enjoyed this very much! Though i do love my happy ever afters :'(
that1reviewer chapter 21 . 3/21/2013
Beautifully written! I loved how you incorporated literature into this fic. I did not like Endymion in the beginning, he seemed too evil to make readers like him. But his backstory did aid in humanizing him rather than the cruel stone of a man he appears to be. Loved loved loved the shitennou's relationships with the senshi. The last chapter seemed a bit rushed in endymion racing to serenity. Did expect a happy ending cause sad ones are rare, so I did get a bit angry. But it somehow worked, this serenity would wouldn't have forgave him and rushed into I'd arms so sudden. She did love him, but he did betray her. I commend you on sticking to it and delivering. The comment telling you to basically change your fic is just plain rude, it's perfect the way it is! :)
dori-tori chapter 21 . 10/8/2012
That is one fucking great story!
Everything about it was just so good! The story line, character perceptions, length of the chapters XD

Omfg so good. Haven't read a story like that in a while :) wasn't expecting his death tho :( wouldve loved a happily ever after :( but still a great ending.

Xx dori-tori