Reviews for As the Eagle Flies
cazzznom chapter 21 . 11/24/2013
This was so good I couldn't put it down! Amazing! You should seriously pursue getting it published! I cried like a baby at the end but it was beautiful and amazingly well written!
alPhha chapter 21 . 7/28/2013
I applaud you for your hard work and dedication! I enjoyed this very much! Though i do love my happy ever afters :'(
saya.sansa chapter 21 . 3/21/2013
Beautifully written! I loved how you incorporated literature into this fic. I did not like Endymion in the beginning, he seemed too evil to make readers like him. But his backstory did aid in humanizing him rather than the cruel stone of a man he appears to be. Loved loved loved the shitennou's relationships with the senshi. The last chapter seemed a bit rushed in endymion racing to serenity. Did expect a happy ending cause sad ones are rare, so I did get a bit angry. But it somehow worked, this serenity would wouldn't have forgave him and rushed into I'd arms so sudden. She did love him, but he did betray her. I commend you on sticking to it and delivering. The comment telling you to basically change your fic is just plain rude, it's perfect the way it is! :)
dori-tori chapter 21 . 10/8/2012
That is one fucking great story!
Everything about it was just so good! The story line, character perceptions, length of the chapters XD

Omfg so good. Haven't read a story like that in a while :) wasn't expecting his death tho :( wouldve loved a happily ever after :( but still a great ending.

Xx dori-tori
MiaSopapia chapter 21 . 9/28/2012
I cannot express enough how artful this fanfic was. I feel that you should go through and revise it to make all of the characters truly your own with their own names, looks (why, oh why, must Serena's eyes be "cerulean" over an over again!), and quirks. Indeed, I might recommend trimming down the Generals to three (or even two) in order to give each character (including the revised 2-3 mistresses) more autonomy, complexity, and individuality (I had a hard time, for example, truly distinguishing between Kunzite and Zoicite). Jadeite and Nephrite were the most endearing characters, either one of them being capable of additionally adopting the characteristics of the other two (though Kunzite was distinguishable enough within his stance as leader). Furthermore, I felt that Lita could have easily adopted the reserved intelligence of Amelia (especially as the independent female character who has her power over her property and her selfhood to protect from the clutches of another man, no matter how much she may love them). Mina and Rachael, given, could be a little less easy to consolidate. I'm glad I discovered this story through the love of Sailor Moon fanfic, but it deserves to not have to credit another author when it a story all its own.
As for the ending: While so many were disappointed by Darien's end, I thought those final moments were artistically perfect, even as it broke my heart and optimism for a happy ending (which may also be interesting to play with). This said, the major deviation I felt was in the lack of presence from the Sailor Senshi, who are so often the triumphant fighters, though this may be irrelevant if you choose to stand by the originality of your story. That said, I could not buy into Nephrite's reaction (shouting out in the middle of a battlefield). This behavior did not at all align with the behavior of a general. I understand the artistic intention behind this means of sparking the battle, but it simply does not fit the character, which made it feel like a cop-out. My only criticism.
While I loved how Darien's ending came about, in retrospect I would have liked to see this story going in a different direction before reaching that point. I would have liked to have seen Serena ultimately take action in defeating Diamond and defusing the battle. I do not know how that would happen (perhaps Nephrite getting hit instead of Jadeite would spark this). That said, in taking this change in direction, it is more likely that the ending would become a happy one, which would threaten the artistry of the tragedy you constructed.
Just some thoughts. All this said, thank you thank you thank you for sharing this story. Bravo!
hopelessromantic2314 chapter 21 . 8/19/2012
I didn't want darien to die, buy if he had to, I wish he would've gone with more love and grief. He just...died... I need closure.
angeljme chapter 21 . 7/12/2012
bitter end... for a well-written epic
Serafina Ravenwood chapter 20 . 3/16/2012
Dearest Silent Serenade,

Allow me freedom to express my immeasurable appreciation o due to your Work.

May God Damn You Repeatedly To Oblivion and Beyond!

This is BY FAR the most coherent and expressive literature in this site that I am so blessed to encounter.

One can get lost and drunk between the words.

I have read a lot of Shakespeare, Cervantes, Chaucer, Dante, Machiavelli, Aquinas, Bysshe-Shelly, Bronte and more...

and this CERTAINLY can stand with Proud humility among the shelves they rest upon.

BRAVA!
Serafina Ravenwood chapter 3 . 3/14/2012
My Word!

I Thoroughly Love The Way You Write!

This Is Simply Magnificent!

please Do Write On!
BunnyyMoon chapter 21 . 1/18/2012
Im a sucker for happy endings... Good story but my heart shattered when he dies.
Red-Elephant chapter 20 . 12/15/2011
I've reviewed once before but I thought I should write another after coming back and reading through this story again.

Brilliant story, its so well written. I love the language and the literature you throw in, as well as the art. They help to ground the story into the time period and become the building blocks for which the similarities and differences between the two nationalities find/don't find commonality.

I found your descriptions of Darien to be delightful and very sexy. I could feel how dangerous he was and, in particular, the scene where he was with his eagles was especially wonderful. I almost felt like I was there, a silent observer to this beautiful man with these amazing animals. Great scene.

I've read through some of the reviews you've received and then had to go away and think about whether I agreed with some of what was said. Here's what I came up with.

First up, I like the ending. It had to happen and any time an author can be that brave and take their characters in an unfavourable direction must be applauded. I think my only dissatisfaction comes from Serenity's reaction. I understand the betrayal and her reactions to it but, at the same time, I still found it odd. She was so quick to anger and condemn, to change sides and spit in the faces of those who had betrayed and then make promises to a man that she despised simply for revenge and 'the good of her country'. But she showed a remarkable lack of emotion at the death of Endymion and that's where I'm stuck. I don't believe she loved him because love causes extreme emotions and the death of a loved one brings you to your knees. And if she didn't love him then why did she feel the betrayal so deeply?

If you ever revise this I think you should consider an epilogue. And just a thought, but could Serenity have been pregnant? It would have thrown in a nice final curve ball at the end...

Again, great story, its earned the right to stay in my favourites. Thanks for a great read.
Amber Bellum chapter 21 . 9/22/2011
why!

OMG I cant believe that is the end... :(

im so sad...

great fic!

but the end in my opinion was not the best...

i love the way you write...

it takes you to the place and time... like if I was there!

grrroar chapter 21 . 6/28/2011
I would like to first off express how well written this story is and how I love the plot. I have spent many hours into the late night and early day reading chapter after chapter. But then I must express my deep disappointment at the ending I have just reached in this story! I am a sucker for happy endings and I was expecting a happily ever after. Still, the disappointment I feel does not mar the beauty of your story and thank you for all of your efforts you have put into this piece of work! I truly enjoyed every bit of it. Please keep up your great work and I look forward to reading more of your work. :)
Terri chapter 21 . 5/25/2011
what a great original story!
unlockurdestiny chapter 21 . 5/10/2011
What a beautiful ending. Couldn't ask for anything more. Even though i wanted them to be together her stubbornness wouldn't allow it. This was written with such finesse ! Fantastic job :)