Reviews for What We Learn From Each Other
ChaseOfSpades chapter 1 . 5/25/2004
I must be completely honest with you and tell you that I...LOVED IT! It was awesome. I love Nicole so much and I really enjoy fics that revolve around her. By the by, a little message to the author, I meant to give a shout out to you in my last chapter of Day of the Dead but I fogot to put your name, sorry. I'll get it on there next time. Keep up the good work and I'll be looking for this post dawn fic you've been talking about!
Haidomo chapter 1 . 4/26/2004
Tetsu-Turtle:
So, i gave you my thoughts before. Uh...long sentances are bad. Too many commas are bad too.
"Good luck, good luck. Good luck in your new bed!"
um...i guess i'm wanting to see where it's going, but i can't deal with run on sentances.
*whisper* embrace l'arc
Meridian1 chapter 1 . 4/22/2004
Time for the good, the bad and the ugly!
The Good-Definitely the entire interlude with Nicole and Kenneth, learning to fire a gun. I like his savvy about her, how he uses his expertise to help her out, even as he doesn't quite relate to her. It's quite an interesting, quirky sort of vignette, perhaps worthy of being on its own, free of the whole Nicole/Terry shipping. Love that you got Steve being a total lech, which I think you can't help but use as a great foil for Nicole, being confused as she is. And Norma. She's another toss-away character, albeit one who got to speak more than say Glenn or Monica. But she's a sweetie, and a grand old gal here. I love her.
The Bad-Just watch how much you make Nicole self-aware. Avoid saying she thinks/feels/vows too much. Saying 'she felt sick/envious/delirous/disgusted' is fine, but not that she's feeling uplifted, or that she's aware of how her depression is causally related to her father's death. Basically, don't over analyze! She's more likely to think about what she loves about her father and what she misses that to think "oh, i love my father and I miss him" in her head (does ANY of that make sense? I'm not sure, lol).
The Ugly-The title could use a wee bit of work-it's a bit cumbersome. Otherwise,that's it! Keep up the good work. I'm so pleased to have another author in the fandom who pays attention to detail and actually has plot in mind when writing!
signs fan chapter 1 . 4/20/2004
Your story was good I could see Nicole looking at the situation like that.I like the way you talked about how she felt about Terry since the movie didn't go into that stuff.