Reviews for Nothing But the Rain
cklammer chapter 5 . 11/19/2009
This is a very good one.

Not. cheesy. Not soapy. Just emotional.

Well done.
cmf161 chapter 2 . 5/5/2006
Just catching up on reviewing my favorites from the time when I was a selfish lurker. I absolutely LOVE this fic. Fantastic explanation! Makes me cry everytime. So perfect - and so perfectly Kara and Adama. Thank you for this fantastic fic - it's the background I believe (and now secretly delight in whenever I hear them say it for real). You Rule!
Hell-of-Fire chapter 5 . 4/1/2006
I just love it! have some fav parts:

...glanced out the window at the tree house that he and Lee had built years before. They *had* made love there, which she had thought was completely hysterical at the time. Zak had just laughed and told her that it was his roof, not his parents’. (made me smile a lot, couldn't help it)

How many times had he argued with her for hours, and then later told her that he’d agreed with her all along? (too cute, really!)

Prepare for the worst, then hope for the best (what can I say, so true)

and I just love the story about the old man's dad, and how everything around the 'nothing but the rain' came together. really good.

I also liked Kara's landing supervision a lot! very well written
Diana Belmont chapter 5 . 3/27/2006
I've read quite a few of your stories, and I really enjoy your writing. This was a very nice piece, I liked the way you set up the dynamic of the Bill/Kara relationship. The bond between the two of them always gets me when I'm watching the show, and I was happy to see it explored further here.
fallingfromelysium chapter 5 . 5/2/2005
Loved the ending. Kara and William have a great chemistry and work so well together.
Darlian chapter 5 . 4/16/2005
So we finally know why Kara and Adama have their little morning ritual! I loved the ending and how Kara was able to help that rookie - like a symbol of her living on after Zak's death. Good work!
Lattelady chapter 5 . 3/6/2005
That is an awesome story. You were locked securely in Kara Thrase's head and I don't think you left it for 5 chapters. Really well done.
elfin2 chapter 5 . 5/3/2004
Yay for Kara! Ripper's written nicely, too, and I like the way you're setting up the Galactica. It's definitely a working ship, not a showpiece.
elfin2 chapter 3 . 4/26/2004
Wierd but good as backstories go. It's strange to see Kara so lost, but I guess she had to be at some point. You can see a real potential for friendship and mentoring between Adama senior and Starbuck.