Reviews for In My Eyes
ImCutePoison chapter 4 . 3/23/2010
That was really sad but I like it. I like Shikas answer too - "honest ones". This is interesting. Keep writing.
kimchase chapter 2 . 6/22/2007
I've never known anyone who writes like you do. I really like the different perspective you get when you write in second person point of view, it gives it a little something to relate to. I like your writing style a lot and I especially like that it's about Shikamaru! He's my favorite Naruto character!
kerricarri chapter 4 . 10/18/2006
Done in a strange, unique style that is, although is a rarity in itself, is actually quite refreshing. 2nd Person, coupled with the POV of an actual exisiting character was a cool idea. I find no problems with differentiating each POV, since the title's pretty self explainatory.

And, although short, each chappie is like a oneshot in its own; snappy, unique, and to the point. I liked it. Oh, and very true to canon, to the POVing character, and to the situation. A shame you seemed to have abandoned the fic, though...

All in all, a simple yet refreshing fic that's tastefully done.
angelgrl chapter 4 . 8/15/2006
it was kinda wierd to read since i dont usually read fics written this way, but what the hey, what ever floats ur boat rite? anywhos,really enjoyed this and i really loved this. it had a very deep meaning and everything. and this chapter with the ending like that: Who knew that would be the beginning of an end?

You didn't.

omg! did shikamaru die?
suicide bomber chapter 4 . 7/1/2006
... woah.

I liked the part where Ino felt he was growing up without her knowing even though she was always with him in the first chapter. Shows how Shikamaru shadows himself and how the people around him starts to notice him when he "suddenly" stands out. (The reason why someone else -Sakura- other than team 10 was brought into the story.. it kinda fits into the picture)

The mixed and confused feelings from Ino kinda describes how Shikamaru felt as well, I suppose? And the conversation between Chouji was really heart breaking.. Made me empathise with him, being too smart, growing too fast and all.. He probably felt that way, but being the genius he is, he accepts it like the way he accepts everything.

i like how you put all these unspoken words into the text, the way you describe the feelings of both the speaker and the other party (Shikamaru).. And in the end, he kinda becomes too much an adult and, from what I pressume, he did fly but flew too far..

"You inhale deeply from the cigarette as you sit alone in front of the board watching the unmoved pieces waiting for the opponent who you knew, would never come. "
amura chapter 4 . 11/2/2005
i was searching for fanfictions about shikamaru (since he's my favorite :p) and came across this one. and it immediately went to my favorites! this was one of the best, saddest, most touching fics i've ever read. the way you wrote about shika is exactly how i imagine him. i know you wrote this piece a while ago, but it would be awesome if you added more chapter from other pov's. you're an amazing writer! :)
celestial-angel40 chapter 4 . 10/10/2005
...wait, WHAT?
celestial-angel40 chapter 3 . 10/10/2005
Johnny Depp, he's hilarious
celestial-angel40 chapter 2 . 10/10/2005
this is ino and shikamaru...right?
celestial-angel40 chapter 1 . 10/10/2005
i dont get it...
Bluelady198 chapter 4 . 1/19/2005
M...an outsiders look into the mind of Shikamaru...i quite like it
AnimeFreakPerson chapter 4 . 8/25/2004
These are really captivating. I got sucked in after I finished Ino's and then I couldn't stop to review. -looks sheepish- Sorry These are so good! _
Aryanne chapter 4 . 8/21/2004
This was so sad. What and end it was. The teachers complaining about the students was quite funny, but it's still sad that Shikamaru's teammates and his sensai don't get to be around him anymore. Shikamaru isn't the type of person to enjoy being a chuunin. I can't blame him. I wouldn't want to do it either. It's just frustrating that he was pushed into the situation. It makes me wonder the real reason why he wanted to become a ninja in the first place, why anyone wants to really.
Aryanne chapter 3 . 8/21/2004
Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. I like all the symbolism you put into your writing. And of course I like Shikamaru!
Aryanne chapter 2 . 8/21/2004
I like the POV technique. It's a change from the usual.