Reviews for Destroyed
FullMentalPanic chapter 1 . 4/28/2014
It probably says something about how much bad poetry I've read on here that I was surprised this had a rational rhyming scheme. You have some really effective phrasing in this and you know how to describe something without being deathly prosaic, but you're still comprehensible also. Sephiroth is several layers of fascinating, but I always enjoying getting a look at the humanity behind the legend. I think you touch on that aspect of him nicely with how you show that he is affected by what he has done.
Arwenia chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
I am so happy I read this. I salute you.! It's really well written. Well thought.
La Vita a Colori chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
I was actually surprised that this actually fit Sephiroth so well. Short and sweet. :) And now, to reacquaint myself with the actual game...
AmericaloveshisEngland chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
oh it fits sephiroth so well, good job
JenEvan chapter 1 . 11/19/2008
Thank you for the poem; it is a befiting homage to the One-Winged Angel.
sephiroth1991 chapter 1 . 6/26/2006
this is a very good poem and i hope u right more of them it makes me think
CfB chapter 1 . 5/24/2005
Uh oh, the rhythm of this poem got into my head and will be jangling there all day. I can hear a cult chanting it, and that's a compliment, by the way. I like creepy chanting cults, or hearing them from a distance, at least.

The subject makes me contemplate death and the rhymes are all perfect, which helps it flow. All the hard "c" sounds, like "crushed" and the others add a feeling of coldness and hardness to the poem. Also, the description of red and pain lends some more sensory feeling to the entire piece.

The final few lines with the repeating "destroyed by" are some of my favorites for how great they sound and yet how true the descriptions are.
Tawnykit chapter 1 . 5/13/2005
*raises eyebrows* That was good! It describes exactly what happened to him, but without saying what *exactly* happened to him, if you get what I'm saying.
The Blasaoflurqm chapter 1 . 4/25/2004
Really... excellent. It almost sounds like a chant, expecially the last stanza, and it fits in perfectly with Sephiroth.
Jazzi Strife chapter 1 . 4/23/2004
I very nice, mysterious poem. I enjoyed reading it, so keep up the great work. -Jassi
The Jack of Spades chapter 1 . 4/21/2004
Practically flawless. Wonderful work!
Ardwynna Morrigu chapter 1 . 4/21/2004
Lovely! Good rhythm and rhyme, consistent structure and you've captured Sephiroth's downfall with such smoothly violent imagery. I really like this one:)
Nights-into-dreams chapter 1 . 4/21/2004