Reviews for Death to Darkness
Tawnykit chapter 1 . 5/13/2005
Very good. I like how ambiguous it is, and yet still leaves you feeling complete.
Figure it out yourself chapter 1 . 5/8/2005
Okay, those first two lines I can't get past. I keep rereading them. Just guess why. I love them, of course. All the "s" sounds really incorporate more feeling into the lines, like a faint whisper of the past. The visuals are also just extraordinary-I believe I see something unseeable (if that's not a word...it is now).

Desolate is the word I use to sum it up. Desolate and yet...content. That doesn't make sense. I apologize for my mind.

All the emotion is amazing, as well as the imagery. I can't believe you compacted so much into such a short piece. Being lost at sea is quite a stark feeling-good metaphor, the perfect one to use. Same with shadows. They may be used a lot, but because of that, they have a great connotation with them that cannot be adequately described in other ways.

Truthfully, I'm astounded. Dang it, you better not stop writing or trying to get your works out there. I think the world would miss them.
Jak-Daxter chapter 1 . 4/25/2004
It's good, I just didn't under stand tha second-to-last stanza.
Mystical Jade chapter 1 . 4/22/2004
It seems to me, like this could be completely the other way around; almost like it was Schala giving up hope or something. But yes, I suppose I can also see it being Magus' accepting death. I liked it!