Reviews for Remember
Celestial Rage chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
The writing style is quite cool, makes a delight to read this fanfic. I can picture every action you describe.

Very cool work!
Qem chapter 1 . 7/4/2006
Oh that was beautiful with the way it showed the memories of the good things and the fading of the bad. It really carries the themes from ffvi of memory and how the GF's cause you to loose it.

Beautiful job.
Ellyrianna chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
WOW.

Just.

Wow.

That was awesome. You make me want to write intropsective Squall/Rinoa, which I haven't done in about three years. Rock on, little butterfly.
cirruscastle chapter 1 . 4/22/2006
I really love the surreality of this story and the intense focus on words that were spoken in the game and the way you elaborate on those. I especially enjoy the deep ominousness with which you infuse the scene in the ballroom where Rinoa “hypnotizes” Squall. It always did seem like such an odd scene that it makes so much sense the way you make it the focal point for Rinoa’s strange way of brainwashing Squall.

The way you incorporate the scene from Time Compression where Rinoa ripples and puddles like some kind of oil slick is wonderful too. All of these strangely suspicious scenes with Rinoa at their centre create a wonderful core for this unusual tale you tell where Squall forgets and remembers in intriguing ways.

I love the way you associate the forgetting and remembering with concrete moments, Rinoa touching her necklace, the clicking of her heels as she approaches and leaves. These things give me the impression that Rinoa is very much an old-fashioned sort of hypnotist. It’s like she read a book on it when she was little and chose to employ those tips in ensnaring Squall in her web.

I love the way Squall at first mocks the falling star as a potential monster falling from the sky and the way he observes that other people likely saw it too. I love his sense of grinding logic here, the way he is in the game, brutally honest.

I like the way you put such prominence on words that could seem innocent, but here they become quite obviously selfish and disturbed: “I don't want the future. I want the present to stand still. I just want to stay here with you...” They’re traditional lovers’ words, but the way you single them out shows that they are a bit frightening in their intensity and denial of past and future – especially in a game that focuses so much on the manipulation of memory and time.

I love the way Eyes on Me becomes one of Rinoa’s tools for hypnosis. The repetition of the common theme throughout the game suddenly holds an entirely new meaning for me.

It’s strange and wonderful that it seems that Rinoa leaves Squall at one point and that Squall comes back at one point, but that both of these events are forgotten. It’s as if Rinoa is inadvertently tampering with her own memory too.

I like the way that subsequent remembered and forgotten realities seem to grow thinner and thinner, more stretched and Squall seems to realize that something’s wrong. He starts to ask open-ended questions.

The final repetition is very powerful.
redlettergirl chapter 1 . 11/22/2005
If there's any term to describe this piece, it would definitely be 'thought-provoking'. This was very well done, and I enjoyed the repetition in particular. It added a nice feel to the story. Keep up the good work, and kudos to you.
Forbidden Smiles chapter 1 . 1/12/2005
Wow. ] Amazing.
AffluentHeartache chapter 1 . 1/12/2005
wow this is excellent!
Lucrecia LeVrai chapter 1 . 11/5/2004
Nice, /very/ nice! Just like the Time Compression, fast-paced and overwhelming! Write more Squall/Rinoa fics, you're realy good at making them!
Tsuyunoinochi Koukyo chapter 1 . 7/1/2004
I liked this! It was confusing at first, but I got it. Once again, I rank you up with Luna Manar and magistrate. Good job.
Leonhart Zero chapter 1 . 5/25/2004
t'was too confusing. I couldn't keep up with
what was going on.
GyrosKairos42 chapter 1 . 4/25/2004
Shit, that's beautiful. I love the bits of "Eyes on Me" that you weave, the repetition (like in the time compression)...
wow.
Wind Maester chapter 1 . 4/22/2004
Wow. Really awed and inspired by this piece's captivating words. They aren't really bombastic, but it's how you phrased it that made the huge impact. The listing of 'remembers' and 'don't remembers' is great, and it's really somehow heart-wrenching. I can't explain it, but it has just tugged at something. Great work. )
Leanne Ash chapter 1 . 4/21/2004
I loved this so much.
Riona chapter 1 . 4/21/2004
There is no word in the English Language to express how happy I was when I saw the Author Alert.
...sweetHynethisisincredible. *prints a copy* I loved the ending especially - it's amazing. It's _amazing_.
I always feel really stupid when I'm reviewing your stories, because I never have anything constructive to say. I'm sorry about that.
...but seriously, how can this be improved upon?
I like the repetition of ideas and phrases ('the click of her heels as she walks towards you') - it makes the emotional impact of this fic a lot... more... impact-y.
...Yeah. I can't give proper reviews when I'm this much in awe. I'm sorry. You're amazingly skilled, and I'm intimidated.
Bunny MeatballOdango Usagi chapter 1 . 4/21/2004