Reviews for Things Fall Apart
3LOTR chapter 25 . 3/10
FYI...Vilya is the ring of the strong...not Air...
3LOTR chapter 7 . 3/8
Nice story...just one tip...Elladan, Elrohir and Aragorn are supposed to be REALLY close...so would like it better without those occasional grudges...
ElnaKernor chapter 77 . 2/17
This story is amazing ( as all the others ) though the propensity to get into trouble seems to be a bit too high... It's almost as if enemies were waiting for Legolas ( and the others too ) to set a foot outside to launch themselves at him... Then again, maybe they are.
That aside, there are two or three "ellyth" in this chapter that I hope should be corrected as "ellyn"... Because it sounds very much like you mean by that, Elrond, Thranduil, Legolas, the twins, and all the males elves waiting for Galadriel and Edwen Nana to come and tell them the children and the mother are alright. Then again, I could be misguided, and in fact have missed the fact that they were actually females elves all along...
Strangely enough I don't think that last explanation is the right one.
Guest chapter 40 . 7/9/2014
Hello! As usual I'm loving this series. I'm not sure how I missed this story. So question... The beginning of this story Aragorn is 10 - how old is he during this and the last chapter? It seems he went from 10 to 20 in the the last chapter (Tolkein said that Aragorn was told at age 20 I believe).
Read-Sleep-Routine chapter 77 . 4/26/2014
This was probably the longest fanfiction I've read in this site, and I endured the harsh light of my phone all the way. It was certainly entertaining!
Read-Sleep-Routine chapter 76 . 4/26/2014
Glorfindel, how adorable.
Read-Sleep-Routine chapter 58 . 4/25/2014
Not sure of what to think of myself after reading the last part.
BlueDorid chapter 77 . 3/10/2014
I know it's been almost 10 years since you finished this story but I just had to drop a review to let you know how much I enjoyed it! Words cannot adequately express how much I adore the backstory you've crafted. I love the relationships between the characters. I especially love Anomen and little Estel.

Glorfindel is actually one of my favorite characters and it's so difficult to find well written fic with him in it, and I was so thrilled that he is featured in a generous portion of this fic.
legolas lover chapter 49 . 4/17/2011
85hits
OhShirleyUJest chapter 54 . 3/1/2011
I just had a Voltaire moment when Thranduil said "That wizard has some curious notion that events are moving toward some desirable conclusion and that everything tends toward the best."

Lets see, ridiculously optimistic, came back from "death" in LOTR... Gandalf is Pangloss! AHHHHH! Or, Pangloss is Gandalf.

Sorry, that line just made me ridiculously happy... and made me laugh my way right out of my chair.
OhShirleyUJest chapter 17 . 2/28/2011
I think you meant to type "the wind was driving the rain horizontally" instead of vertically. Vertical would presumably only happen under the ideal conditions of no wind. Horizontal is the wretched sideways rain...
Eiladwyn chapter 77 . 1/3/2011
Hello :) I feel awfully rude for not reviewing before now, but I must say I was engaged in an epic marathon through your amazing series. How on earth do you find time and energy to write not only a great quantity of stories, but also stories of such great quality?

With most of your characters, I find myself laughing hysterically at their antics, or tearing up as they progress through a less enjoyable patch... That really is a testament to your skill as a writer, and I thank you.

Every now and then I find the boundaries pushed a little in the area of Sticking To Canon, but it is not as though the storytelling is diminished in anyway, so congratulations for knowing how to use your artistic license well P

The little allusions to real-life or movie events are great fun to hunt out, scattered as they through your writings. Again, thank you very much for taking the time to write and post this, and thanks to any who have aided you as well! Be well ]
jellebie chapter 71 . 12/14/2009
haha caught another error, although it isn't widely known (somewhere in the HOME volumes i think.

if elves die they could never go to the "Mortal heaven" because they will go to Mandos Halls were they will be reborn when they are ready for it (Glorfindel wasn't an special because he was reborn but because he was allow to sail to middle earth again), so if one elf dies he is sure to see his (elven) friends again in only can take a few thousands years nefore he is reborn (his fea has to be at rest), that was also why the Kinslaying was so grave, because the elves who are slayed by other elves wouldn't be so fast at peace as the other elves.
fantasybookworm08 chapter 75 . 5/9/2009
...Aw...The ending of this chapter made my eyes tear up! That was so sweet!
fantasybookworm08 chapter 68 . 5/9/2009
Lol, I liked the orcs' answer to whether they knew their colors. Sometimes they remind me of toddlers, albeit rather murderous toddlers...Lol.

Anyway, ten chapters to go! This was a very long fanfiction, I believe the longest one I've read, but I love it! D