Reviews for Pro Patria Mori
tanpopo no hana chapter 7 . 11/26/2007
Gah! No! You can't kill him now! Well, I don't really think you would, but how disturbingly sad is this? *sob*
tanpopo no hana chapter 6 . 11/26/2007
Well, you've definitely got Westphalen down right

Poor Lucas. As different as he is I still can't get over being partial to him...
tanpopo no hana chapter 5 . 11/26/2007
Well, I'm glad you're showing Lucas' side to be human, too. Not just him, but the captain and his friends aswell. I don't like mindless monster-enemies.

Come on, get him captured and interrogated already, I want some answers!
tanpopo no hana chapter 4 . 11/26/2007
Erm... explanations? You write this really well but Lucas breaking someones neck is rather more of out-of-characterness than I can take and still like.
tanpopo no hana chapter 3 . 11/26/2007
Hm, I'm getting more and more confused. I hope you clarify Lucas' age soon. He could hardly have joined the Navy (or whatever forces he is on) when he was like 12. So is he supposed to be around the same age as Robert?

Anyways, til now Lucas seems really out of character. Not like him at all actually. His military career, his cold bloodedness... I hope you have a good way to explain it.
tanpopo no hana chapter 2 . 11/26/2007
O.o

*gasp*

That must be one of the most evil cliffhangers in seaQuest fanfiction history. How? Why? You wrote it was 2020, so he's be 16 or 17, how can he be an XO? Or is it Lawrence?

Thank god I can read on right now.

By the way - this is incredible for a first ever fic!
tanpopo no hana chapter 1 . 11/26/2007
Very cool so far! Love your Bridger! And it's an interesting twist that Robert's not only alive but on the boat aswell. I think I never read anything like it. Can't wait for Lucas to be thrown into the mix. *jumps up and down*
Tez chapter 18 . 9/28/2006
Excellent story! I really enjoyed this alternate universe. Very believeable with great characterization. Thanks for sharing it!
Sassyblondexoxo chapter 14 . 1/2/2006
So far this is...incredible. I'm absolutely awestruck at your talent. A great read that I plan on finishing tonight, no matter how long it takes me!
Della chapter 18 . 10/30/2004
Hello there,

Wow! Very rarely am I left speechless after reading fanfic, but this was excellent. Kept me rivetted til the very end and then the end was such a poignant piece of writing.

Great writing, very well executed and despite the AU effect, you still managed to convey the characters to a tee.

Thanks for sharing. I'm now off to read your sequel to this

Take care

Della
bunny angel chapter 18 . 10/20/2004
i was hoping you wouldn't kill him...but...i guess. i have tears in my eyes. heh.

fantastic story. very realistic very tragic and not overdone at all. i'm glad you kept his age. and i love how smart you made him. we loves our lucas.

question: if he's genius, then how come he never hacked to find out about his parents?
AilaAolani chapter 18 . 8/17/2004
Wow I'm glad that Bridger did the turn around and became like... the Bridger we all know and love! I was getting worried there for a while bcause I was hating Bridger in the iddle of your story! So I really like it! :) It seemed like it ended too quickly though.
AilaAolani chapter 12 . 8/17/2004
"I bet that kid's phenomenal at poker"

Man I laughed at that line! I just started reading your story tonight. I can't stop! It's great so far!
hepatica chapter 18 . 8/1/2004
I have just read this story for the second time, and if anything it is even better than I remember.I think your characters are very effectively drawn: first introduced and then slowly filled out, chapter by chapter, always in a totally natural fashion alongside the action. I particularly like the surprise discovery of Lucas on the "wrong" side, and the way the relationship develops between Lucas and Robert: stoney-faced, hostile soldier slowly responding to determined friendliness, until the bond between them is closer than either man has ever experienced. The story-line is very original, and I was glued throughout.

I thought the last chapter was beautifully written - the effective description of Lucas' and Bridger's grief, set in stunning surroundings, and a tantalizing glimpse of development possibilities for the future.

Very well done!
Unique chapter 18 . 7/1/2004
I just got around to reading this story. Over all it was a well written story. Your characterization of the Robert/Nathan relationship was a little hard to accept. Robert's just a bit too unprofessional even with his youth and need to please his father as an excuse. I don't see any leader letting his son get away with calling him Dad in a professional setting as often as Bridger does.

The ending disappointed me. It was too abrupt. It seemed like you'd gotten bored with the story and decided to just jump ahead. It might would worked better if you used this chapter as a prologue to the sequel. You'd have less of a clash in writing style. Personally, I think the story would be improved a lot if you came back later and added in more chapters between 17 and this one. Write out the conversation between Bridger and Ford, show one of the sessions where Bridger was speaking on Lucas's behalf, show Lucas being locked up in prison. It will make the transition smoother and readers respond better to actions than summaries.
164 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »