Reviews for The Staff of Fire
AlthosHol chapter 1 . 9/14/2006
hi i just wanted to let you know that i love your stories. They are very well written and just suck you into the storyline. I was wondering if you could answer a question for me. What order do your charmed stories with olivia and her families take place in. I just finished Second power and at the end Cole has just realized his love for olivia, but the author note in "The staff of fire" says it's the sequel to "second power" but cole and olivia are already in a relationship at the very beginning. did i miss some stories in between. I'ld really appreciate it if you could clear that up for me.

thanks and please keep on writing great fiction

e-mail:
Inkwells chapter 6 . 6/10/2004
I loved this story (as well as the rest of the series). You've woven a number of main characters into the story, who do not only exist for the purpose of existing, but are loved by the reader. But instead of stopping there, you completely redefined the image of Paige, Cole, the Halliwells, and magic itself. I hope you continue to write such outstanding stories, and as long as you keep writing them - I'll keep reading them.

2 points of interest, however:

** You've expressed much interest in and demonstarted to the reader the basics of Wicca, Paganism, etc, al of which contradict the show. In your Lessons of Witchcraft series, you explain that you are writing it because you are frustrated with the show's portrayal of magic. However, I think one thing that should be noted is that the show uses Wicca only a base on which to build their own universe. They aren't trying to teach viewers about new beliefs.

** Why do you use the phrase ' the latter ' so much? A simple he or she will do 99% of the time. :)
martha chapter 6 . 6/1/2004
Absolutely great story. I confess that my list of possible suspects didn't include an alternate dimension Olivia. What a twist! Why does alternate Olivia want the staff? I noticed that her knowledge of the Halliwells and Cole seemed to be before Prue's death. I can't wait for the next story.
Magic-Amethyst80 chapter 6 . 5/30/2004
I'm so glad to see that you have finally updated and ended this story! I was starting to worry that you had abandoned it, which would have been tragic.

I absolutely love the twist ending at the end and can't wait for the sequel to see how things will pan out.

How will the Whitelighter war you mentioned earlier in the series, and the problems that are currently happening in the realm of the elders be affected by Olivia's receiving the staff?
Tilius chapter 6 . 5/29/2004
Wow. What just happened? Olivia from an other dimension. This is so good. I guess a sequel will be coming. Hope it is as good as this fic and it comes out soon because I can’t wait for more.
ReindeerEmu chapter 6 . 5/29/2004
Damn! What a startling development! I love it. The vodoun fortelling is starting to make much more sense now!
tessalynne chapter 6 . 5/28/2004
Oh my, a wonderful twist at the end. Loved it.
Tilius chapter 4 . 5/18/2004
No, a cliffhanger. It’s so exiting. Please come back soon with an update and make us happy.
martha chapter 4 . 5/17/2004
Hands are shaking, mouth is dry, seeing spots- I must be going through withdrawal. Please update soon, I'm dying to find out what happens next.
Magic-Amethyst80 chapter 4 . 5/10/2004
Amazing story so far, I'm dying to read the next chapter! Has it been written yet? You haven't updated it in a week, and I need my fix!
lunatigre chapter 4 . 5/2/2004
Enjoyed catching up with cpt. 3 & 4. Cole is gloing to be angry and probally blame himslf for failing to protect Olivia. Leo, Piper and Phoebe may reluctantly show up to help and insist the kidnapping is one of Cole's evil plots, probaly a distraction while he goes after the magical staff for himself. Phoebe would be convinced his concern for Olivia is staged, believing he is still in love with Phoebe and the affection he shows towards Olivia is just a cover. I am really hoping you will continue to develop Cole's mysterious family connections. Thank you for filling your storys with so many fresh characters.
tessalynne chapter 4 . 4/29/2004
Oh Dear. I sure hope Cecile and Paige follow thier instincts and that they can get Cole back on his feet as it looks like Olivia could use some help. It's going to be a real race against the clock to save Olivia and have her back for the ceremony. Very enjoyable story.
tessalynne chapter 3 . 4/29/2004
Ahh, the plot thickens. Your descriptions and ability to build suspense surrounding your characters is excellant as always.
martha chapter 3 . 4/28/2004
The plot thickens. I've been trying to figure out who the mystery woman could be, and I've got a couple hunches, but I'll wait semi-patiently until you reveal her identity. Love all the details concerning the surroundings- you've done your research. I'm also enjoying Cole and Olivia's relationship; it's a breath of fresh air to have Cole in a relationship without mistrust and suspicions. Get cracking (please) and submit another chapter. You've caught my interest with this one.
Maricole chapter 2 . 4/28/2004
This is excellent, as are all of your stories. Please post more quickly - I love the whole world you create.
Robyn