Reviews for An Issue Over Trust
NAAC29 chapter 14 . 8/9

I'm in the middle of reading your story "An Issue Over Trust", and I thought I would leave a review (or drabble about a point in it at least).

A thing I like about your story is that you have captured, what for me, is an important aspect of Snape; His honesty. It is a little weird as he is a double-spy in the books, but I have noticed that while he plays his part in front of Voldemort, the death-eaters and the world, he is in his personal relationships fundamentally honest. He doesn't lie and pretend to like Harry or any of the others in the Order, even though that would have made his life easier. He keeps some things private, like his feelings for Lily, but he does not lie about his feelings about other people.

He also doesn't tell polite lies like "I'm sorry" (if he doesn√łt mean it), or, as you point out in your fiction "You are gonna be okay" (When he doesn't think so).
How about we feed snape some veritarisum and find out all his deep dark secrets?
Ugh I hate snape. Let's kill him. Slowly and about skinning him and throwing him into waist deep saltwater?
Severus T Snape chapter 19 . 5/19
A very nice little story. Sometimes Harry acted quite stupid, and he was a little too naiive for my taste. I liked Snape though. But I do miss the fact that Snape would call him "Harry" after the guardian ship took place.
I liked the 'potty' part and also when Harry began to trust Snape.
Well done. :)
Noxaura Cille chapter 3 . 2/12
Oh please. I found out I had an entire FAMILY (2 brothers, mother, father, grandfather, aunt, etc.) I never knew. And all I did was shrug. ~Nox
Writtenaspr chapter 19 . 12/13/2015
Dear authoress,
This is well written, and you like making hearts clench.
A surprising story
with large discrepancies. Not wonderful.
Why do you paint SS, (A.R. wasn't in the film) as an out-and out sadist, Do you think people can only relate to, understand cruelty? and when all of us review with horror, about Chap 10, esp. Fyreheart, Hedwig Edwiges and Natascha, I agree with them- you then alter him Without giving us a description about his realisation, and small sparks and feelings of empathy with Harry? It needs more depth than just a 'I have a bad bedside manner';
Like 'One Lonely Marauder' in review of chap. 19, this reader cannot believe in SS's intentions, or that Harry does right in trusting him. It is just two horrible roofs over his head. Would you trust a man who force feeds you, who dictates, lets you fall, and gives no choice? No, to make us readers trust your character, you have to show the Reason SS wants to change, and then his actions; show how it is new, unusual, strange for SS to feel. To awaken from sullen, numb, protective, cold, intelligent anger at the world. It hurts to trust,, and you could show many more tentative steps between them. I was left with sadness for Harry, and for Severus, who is truly lonely, and cold, without knowing how to reach out in slow, quiet tenderness. Use, perhaps, SS's shock over AD's absolute callousness,as a awakening, when he asks AD about Harry's future.( he was left to fend for himself as a teen, as well, by AD and Mdm Pomfrey. Who protected Severus at Hogwarts? No one. Result:Hurt anger and distrust Like Harry) Make them speak together, just a little, about it. Haltingly, like wary, scorned boys, men do.
It is just AA then ZZ. Dare be more in depth. You have a clever skill in painting with words, just enlarge the canvas and use medium tone colours.
We all love HP and SS, and they are not just monochrome puppets. Write more , please. You are good.
Random Person chapter 17 . 12/10/2015
Pun about the Potter boy having to go pottyGave me A good laugh
jackalopian chapter 11 . 11/23/2015
I'm afraid that I'm not going to finish reading this. It's not that I mind Snape being an ass... it's in character, but that's not the way a healer should act. Necessary petrification and feeding, sure, being grumpy and pleased at his discomfort, well it's Snape, but just letting a patient just fall to the ground and giving them a potion resulting in intense pain?! And I rather hope that the school healer was just an illusion by Snape, since she totally did help. How could Harry (or ANYONE!) possibly trust someone after being given a potion that resulted in extreme pain, having it forced upon them without warning?
SilveSun chapter 19 . 8/3/2015
Good Story
Guest chapter 19 . 5/7/2015
This was a pretty good story, but one thing that bothered me was the constant use of snape, even when it was in his POV, instead of severus, and the fact that Severus never called Harry anything but Potter. Wouldn't showing the change from Potter to Harry show the progression from mutual dislike/hatred to trust?
gingerbreadmantelpiece chapter 12 . 3/19/2015
I don't understand this Snape. He went from being a total dick to being nice. Why's he so reasonable all of a sudden?
Maelwaedd chapter 19 . 10/27/2014
I really enjoyed this fic. I think Snape was in character, and the coldness to caring and Harry's distrustfulness to feeling at home were excellently done. I also particularly loved the card-I've never seen that done before, and I love it. Thank you for sharing!
kase519 chapter 19 . 10/6/2014
A good story
kase519 chapter 18 . 10/6/2014
Snape will always feed you
kase519 chapter 17 . 10/6/2014