Reviews for On the Bridge
ijuintekka chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
I had never really thought about it before because Angela is always in my party, but it sucks that she doesn't get an NPC scene of her own. x

I enjoyed reading this, and I think you have a good grasp of the characters. Five years too late to rebut it, but I don't agree with one of your other reviewers. I cannot see Duran having a more aggressive and unrepentant response, it's certainly not befitting the personality of a prospective knight, so I think you've got the characters down pretty well.

Something that made me a little sad though, is thinking that even though Angela is bounding off as happy as can be right now... As soon as she gets back to Altena she's not going to get a very nice reception from her mother as long as Guren and the Dragon Emperor are still pulling her strings. I can't imagine it ending well. ( Poor Angela.
Bookworm chapter 1 . 7/15/2007
i like how angela and duran fight, too. have you ever tried to visit durans house in forcena with both of them in the party? it's FUNNY!
Petra Zales chapter 1 . 6/19/2004
Hey, Nadia! It's Cas.

This is a great fic!

I really like it how even someone who hasn't played the game, like myself, totally understands what's going on. Your style has really improved since the other one. Write more fic soon!
Arizona Thunder chapter 1 . 5/23/2004
This fanfic is really quite excellent, I loved reading it! My favorite part about it is how they always stay IN-CHARACTER. I have read too many stories where it is intirely out-of-character. Thank you for writing this story!
Seraphyraw chapter 1 . 5/6/2004
-stutters-
I loved it! It really will make me think again at the bridge scene next time I go through. It had the characters targetted exactly to their personalities: IE, Duran all obsessed with beating the Red Magician (I never played as Duran so I don't really know the bad guy's name), Angela obsessed with magic, Lise (Riesz) being caring and such. I really liked it, it's going to change how I play SD3 forever.
-Seraphyraw-
Truewind chapter 1 . 4/25/2004
I'm not going to lie, I see several problems with this fic, but they weren't enough to make me dislike it. It's very well thought out, you've placed Angela's "cameo" very nicely, methinks, and I like the way that you represent Duran a lot, and Carlie.
However, your dialogue could definitely use a bit of work. For instance, can you imagine Charlotte ever actually CALLING herself Charlotte? *frownie face* I can't. She'd call herself Carlie, or some other nickname of your choice. Also, while I see what you were going for with Duran, he's not the kind of guy to talk about "high opinions". He's more of a, "Hell yeah I was peepin', what're you gonna do about it." kind of guy. Part of that is most likely that we have different interpretations of the character, but part of it is that the dialogue is vaguely clunky. You can easily correct this by reading it out loud to yourself, and seeing if what you hear out loud fits with what you "hear" Duran sounding like.
All in all, cool fic. Got its problems, but I likes it.
Kagami the Divine chapter 1 . 4/24/2004
Wow. Excellent story. I love Duran and Angela's interactions. Carlie/Charlotte was done very well, too. _
Demon Wolf chapter 1 . 4/22/2004
Hey, Nadia, it's DW!
I really enjoyed reading this fic, although I'm positive that your battle scene that you wrote for it would have been perfect.
Nice interaction between the characters, although it really annoyed me seeing Altena being called for Artena (I know, translation...)... Oh well, it just annoyed me...
But Artena or Altena, this fic was sure a small little masterpiece!
Keep up the truly fantastic work!
-DW