Reviews for Return
starangel25 chapter 12 . 11/21/2010
Love it your writing is great I love how the emotions were captured and the parental love both Tessa and Duncan feel for Richie
starangel25 chapter 8 . 11/21/2010
You are a terrific writer I love this fic
Jillian chapter 9 . 6/28/2009
You said: "I was going for a layered effect, where each time the emotions are explored, a little more is revealed, and then a little more, so that by the end, we have a clear picture, based on the introspection and on the actual action of the story"

I could definetly see what you were trying to do, but I also think it was simply moving too slowly. Maybe if you combined some of those layers so we had fewer spirals to retrace things would have flowed better.

I also think you repeat yourself a little too much in having Richie end up in the hospital so many times. I'm getting tired of seeing it. At least spread the physical whumpage a little. You already spread the emotional aspect very well. I do like that you take them on these odysseys of the heart, separately and as a family. It's an aspect of the characters I haven't seen in the show (though I'm new to the series, so it may be I simply haven't seen the right episodes) and filling those gaps is what fanfiction is for.

Regards,

Jillian
kirallie chapter 12 . 11/29/2005
Great work! Glad he woke up fine!
SirenStreak chapter 12 . 1/26/2005
Ah, finally I have read your third fic. I enjoyed it for the most part, but agree with some of your reviewers: You tend to be extremely repetitive, though you explain in one of the chapters that you're going for the layered effect of story telling. But I DO LIKE that you're trying to bring more depth to the "sidekicks" like Richie. Characterisation is never easy, and is something that I am still struggling with myself. So, GOOD WORK. I look forward to reading fic nr 4!
Richefic chapter 12 . 6/18/2004
Ok - sorry I haven't reviewed before but I can't review what I haven't read and life has been pretty hectic! So ..

Ch 10. Everyone was very in character in this, which was great - but I would suggest not being *too* descriptive! If you tell your reader all the various POVs it doesn't leave us with anything to do except read - a little mystery would help us piece things together.

Ch 11. I have to mention the French! Its 19 years since I studied it - but some of the spellings were off - I suggest using Babel Fish or similar to translate - and Mac and Tessa would *never* use vous for Rich - its always tu for friends and family.

Ch 12. Nice resolution - family feeling is always good - tho I was bit disappointed that the stabbing incident got brushed under the carpet a bit - I would have liked Rich to remember that and them to adress it for a really satisfying ending. But hey, its your story.

Bit disappointed you are not going to write Richie and Methos, IMHO they are a great pair and a much missed opportunity on the show.
Ivy3 chapter 12 . 6/16/2004
I liked this story immensly- Richie's characterisation, his relationship with Duncan and Tessa, the angst and the writing style, they were all great! The only two things I didn't quite like were that Richie didn't remember attacking Duncan, which seems the easy way out of a very difficult situation that should be discussed. The other thing I didn't like was my personal belief (though I hardly see any Highlander, mind you) that Mac is like a father to him. I know that they're a family, as you stated, but to hear Mac say that he's not Richie's father kinda broke my heart a bit. Great story, it took me a while to read due to the legnth (a very good thing!) but I highly enjoyed it and its combination of angst and humor.
yellowvalley chapter 12 . 6/15/2004
hey, sorry i couldn't get online. otherwise i would have reviewed the other chapters. my computer was killed by pop-up processes!

I think it was a good story. you dealt with the emotions well. that's the one thing you always seem to do well, it's your strong point i think.

i was expecting the resolution to be longer, since what richie did was such a big thing, but i can see why you had to shut it down there.

thanks for writing this!
Sara chapter 12 . 6/15/2004
Excellent story. I know you would like some constructive review, bu I am not the person for that. But I have been reading this from the beginning and get excited every time I see a new chpapter. What do I like most. I like the emotions, they are very real and well depicted and of course you tapped into one of my favorite aspects of Highlander, that multi-faceted and yet undefinable relationship between Duncan and Richie. You did it with writing that is mature and still easy to read.
SC chapter 12 . 6/15/2004
i really liked this story. i think you have a firm grasp on teh characters and an keen insight as to how they would behave in ceritan situations. You also had a great feel for how the show protrayed the relationships of our first family of immortality. while, we all love a "call me dad" fic, this was a story that covered the realtionship true to the series.

Can't think of any complaints...cept richie's not in the next fics you got cooked up...*pout*
SC chapter 11 . 6/13/2004
dude, i really love teh way you described the relationships in this chap. they were really dead on. i'm glad to see Tessa getting mixed into the emotions and issues more than the usual talking things out with people on the sidelines.

The only thing: you have a couple bad tense situations. randomly there were a few setences in the present as apposed the the past omnicent.

But what a great chap! can't wait for the second half!
SC chapter 10 . 6/5/2004
read this last night, but didn't get a chance to reveiw.

i really like teh way you wrote Richie coming out of the coma. it was very...hum, can't think of the right word, but you could feel it as it happened.

love his first reaction "how's my bike?" grin

only thing, wouldn't richie's voice be at least horse after having that reperator down his throat for so long?
Richefic chapter 9 . 5/28/2004
I'm very impressed with the medical research in this - it was a clever little illness - Tessa was also very strong - loved her ultimatium to Mac - am very interested to see how you get Mac and Rich through this tho - the thing that alwasys stopped me from having Rich kill Mac was that I could never see how to reconcille that!
yellowvalley chapter 9 . 5/26/2004
I love how you made Duncan jealous of Tessa in this chapter. And the way you wrote Duncan's brooding was very interesting. You actually made even the most stupid reasons for him to feel guilty plausible for the character.

But did you have to end it like that? oh man hurry up and update will ya?
SC chapter 9 . 5/26/2004
not bad at all, though i do have to admit this is not a fav of mine of yours. while it is still an enteresting read its started to...lack that certian something. it seems like to me you kinda wrote your way into a corner and had to go to extreme measures to sort it all out.