Reviews for Running From Her Shadow
My Reflection chapter 1 . 1/22/2006
That is amazing that you analized the movie like that! I never would have viewed one of my favorite movies in such a way. To me, it was just a fun movie to watch. Thank you, now it makes much more sense.
Lady Lark chapter 1 . 9/30/2005
I really liked this story. I kept wishing that there were more to it since I am huge fan of Labyrinth. But I think it stands well on its own. Once again your use of tense is amazing. It plays an integral part of the story.

Thank you for writing this little piece.
The Flying Surpent chapter 1 . 9/22/2005
An intersting thoery.
Scarby chapter 1 . 8/3/2005
Wow. Fascinating look on a story that, on the surface, seems so simple. Absolutely wonderful interpretation.
Thornwitch chapter 1 . 2/17/2005
I totally disagree. The Labrinth story is a female version of a comming of age myth. the reason its so great is that a woman does it differently. She will someday have to accept the responsibilitys of adulthood while protecting the wonder of childhood. She must hold a part of the subconcious, mythid world (the Underground) with her forever, or shw will lose touch with the instinctive and nonrational side of herself. Go read Women who Run With The Wolves, for a better example. The Underground won't screw her up, because she's befriended it. That, and she learns to accept the Dreamtime and is able to have a part of it with her, but was not swallowed by it.
LittleZebra333 chapter 1 . 5/31/2004
The thing in your "further notes" is a very interesting way of looking at it.

I always saw Jareth as the representitive of her unrealistic crushes on fictional characters, and by saying that he has no power over her, she can begin seeing real men in a new light. She will no longer hold them to the standards of the "fairy tale" {well all know they're real} princes and kings and knights.

But, I like your version better, and whatever the Goblin King was supposed to represent, Sarah will have a hard time growing up after that experience.
Mab Queen of Faerie chapter 1 . 5/18/2004
I found both your story and your Further Notes at the end of the story very interesting. And I agree with your assessment!
There are so many layers to a story such as Labyrinth. I think you went past the obvious and dug a little deeper. Very good!
Cloudburst2000 chapter 1 . 4/23/2004
Um...that is a very interesting view on the story. I can't say that I agree with it though but it is still interesting. I think her decision shows her leaving behind parts of childhood like her selfishness by putting Toby ahead of herself. Her staying would have shown that she had not matured in the slightest throughout the journey because she would have been putting herself first with no regards for Toby's welfare. But she did not totally reject her childhood with her decision. Hence, her remaining friends with those she met along her journey. Someone can be a mature adult and still be young at heart. The two are not mutually exclusive. So I don't see her retreating into childhood...just moving past parts of childhood while keeping other parts. So I find your take on the story...strange, but still intriguing. So please continue with the story. I'd like to see where it is going.
Cariah Delonne chapter 1 . 4/23/2004
This is a different take on things - I never thought of it that way! Is this just a one-shot, or is there more?