Reviews for The Contraries Arc
Dream Fox chapter 6 . 5/13/2004
This is AWSOME! I haven't found very many fma stories that I like, but this is definatly one of the tops! Please continue soon, and I like the implied e/r
Enigma O chapter 6 . 5/12/2004
Ahh, a good meaty story. Just what I was looking for. I'm really looking forward to seing what happens, and I love how you play Roy and Ed off one another. Very much in character and very entertaining.
truedelusion chapter 6 . 5/12/2004
By far the best FMA fic I've found on the net, being both well written and imaginative, while keeping all of the cast in character so well! Only one fault I can find with this - the fact that you're making me check back here every day to see if there's a new chapter!
Cant wait to see where this story will develop, good luck and keep writing
Sentomegami chapter 6 . 5/8/2004
This story had me on the edge of my chair and raptured to my computer screen. Truly, there is no describing my pleasure in finding such a well written and well plotted fan fiction that isn't a one shot in the FMA section.
Concerning this last chapter, I must say I have a growing respect for the Roy Mustang of this story. Although some may call it foolhardy, I think that his resolve not to give his tormentors the satisfaction of giving in to their actions. Edward's head is in the right place and his actions are definitely in character; quite the entertaining and rightfully dramatic. Their relationship is completely believable as well.
My only complaint is that there isn't more to read just yet, so, thus, I eagerly look forward to your future installments. Keep up the good work.
Po Xiao chapter 6 . 5/7/2004
This is one of the best Fullmetal Alchemist fics I have ever read. I love Roy's characterization in this; it's dead on. Arogant and smug, but in such a way that it's impossible to hate him.
And Ed is just so cute. *pets Ed*
RuByMoOn17 chapter 6 . 5/7/2004
Poor ROY! n Ed 2
Stardancer1 chapter 6 . 5/6/2004
i could hardly breath thru this chapter. I truely would like to see Ed bring the mountian down on them
all but Roy. And maybe Franko who at least is proving to be humane. Ugh...shudders. Nasty things going on and just what will happen when Alphonse reads this?
Which comes back to your writing, damn good and still blowing me away.
A Mac?
RuByMoOn17 chapter 5 . 5/1/2004
wonderful!
I wanna noe if this is gonna be a Edroy fic!
Brennend chapter 5 . 4/30/2004
Hmm... its a pretty slick operation. They have at least one agent in the military building (the cook) and probably more that are pither there all the time or can enter with very few questions being asked since they were able to start a fire and kidnap Edward and Roy. But it doesn't really seem to be a smart move for the alchemists investigating missing alchmists to go missing. So either the organization didn't know why they were in Youswell and grabbed them, which doesn't really match with planning of the organization in other matters (Ed's restraints) - or they knew why Edward and Roy were in Youswell and have the means to cover up their dissapperance (perhaps by faking thier deaths) - a third option is that they don't have the means to cover up their disapperance, but whatever they're working on is coming to an end and they only need to create enough confusion to finish whatever they're doing.
That's my analysis at least... but it does lead to the more questions - like what are they doing that they need to kidnap alchemists for?
gravel chapter 5 . 4/30/2004
i wasn't implying b4 that you weren't going to finish the fic lol ... jz sometimes, authors leave stories hanging..half way it's !
but... i liked the chapter..good chapter btw...i love ed and roy's exchange of words..that's always good when done right!
torquewrench chapter 5 . 4/30/2004
Aww, so sweet of Mustang :D And the classic Ed responses! Great fic so far, looking forward to more!
Wai - Aki chapter 5 . 4/30/2004
Out of the frying pan and into the fire? Or is it the other way around? ; Great chapter, I especially love the Roy-Ed interaction. Poor short Ed. XD And that last line? Killed me.
Wow. Great job.
- Wai
Stardancer1 chapter 5 . 4/29/2004
Hm, more devilment and plot here. *snerk* glad to see Roy finally using his alchemy against the fire, Sort of good cop bad cop in a way here. Once Roy gets moving he does move thank goodness.
And now they are in the heart or at least at the edges of what is going on. Giving Ed the fuel to get thru this and himself? Well I'll just watch the mouse hole cause when Roy and Ed get thru there's gonna be a really really big hole there. Heh.
Brennend chapter 4 . 4/29/2004
An very intersting story. Its interesting to see the personal relationships mix with their professional business at the same time.
It is entirly possible that the hot chocolate was drugged, especially since Ed is quite knowledgeable of his sleping patterns. A drug could have been put in the mug the cook provided Roy, especially since the cook didn't see him snag an extra. Roy drank less then Edward and also a bit from Ed's mug (which would explain why Roy is much less affected). The drug could've been put in a solvent, then put in the mug and if it dried clear likely noone would notice.
(sheesh... 'Murder, She Wrote' reruns aren't supposed to be remebered this many years after watching...)
I look forward to seeing what will happen next. :)
Eclesis chapter 4 . 4/28/2004
The writing and characterizations are handled with maturity, and it's nice to see an interpretation of an older Edward who has matured somewhat but still retains those traits which the anime/manga audience define him by.
Both that and Roy's mid-life crisis (not sure what else to call it) emphasize the human aspects of the characters, and flesh out the cast and situation well. The contrast between personal life and official military roles is interesting, and I look forward to seeing how they handle the more action-oriented situations. Thus far there has been less of the darker aspects of the FMA world explored in this story, and larger adventure would be interesting to balance out the personal dramas with.
While sometimes it's possible to get lost slightly in scene description, overall the text flows smoothly and the dialogue is entertaining. Looking forward to seeing more.
74 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »