Reviews for Unfinished Drabbles
Athalanta chapter 13 . 3/28/2012
OMG they do not go to war for jewels! Ouch!
LovewithWars chapter 8 . 6/21/2007
wow that was beautiful! really, the mental pic i congured up from this is breath taking.

- bye.
lindahoyland chapter 25 . 6/20/2007
I just came across this drable collection, they are lovely, vivid depitions of moments. I especially enjoyed Aragorn pondering over the tokens.
RavenLady chapter 17 . 3/13/2006
"for better the forge lie cold than the making be undone."

*goosebumps* Perfect for Celebrimbor - he wouldn't give up his art even if he knew what it would lead to. But with this description of his obsession, one can't help identifying with him. Brilliant.
RavenLady chapter 24 . 1/13/2006
I love the way you write these, so eloquent without ever being flowery. "A starless night was the better to prepare an ambush" - that line seems to be sticking with me. And the end, the thought of Eowyn always being in the stars, is wonderful. What can one say, this about as perfect as a drabble can get.
RavenLady chapter 12 . 1/7/2006
I love how you make the stone seem alive. "their sinews tauten, and they stir with form" - brilliant. A deceptively simple drabble.
RavenLady chapter 8 . 1/6/2006
I LOVE this bit - "white branches and gold-veined saplings, graceful as a dancer's arms." I think this is one of your best drabbles. Stunning work.
Fortune Zyne chapter 23 . 1/5/2006
Cool!
Nerina Dragonstongue chapter 21 . 12/30/2005
I was so surprised to find not 1 but 3 updates! Thanks for tripling the excitement. I really liked the idea of Faramir's reliance on Boromir for guidance and how in only four sentences you conveyed so much depth to it.
Svadilfari chapter 1 . 1/22/2005
I was just passing thru' when this caught my eye. Your work: Beautiful and subtle.

I can't believe I nearly missed out! Your drabble on Glor was gorgeous as was the follow up in Elrond's POV. Also liked how you described Aragorn's feeling to his 'tokens'. And yes, so like Gimli to be poetic about his work! After all, didn't he just go on about Galadriel and also the Glittering Caves?
Archaic Scribe chapter 17 . 12/27/2004
"The art of gold is his centre: as fluent as speech and as intricate as making love."

Wow! That really makes this blurp spring out and grab hold of a person. To be so passionate and dedicated to one's craft.

Astounding play with the simplicity and power of words.

I hope Caranthir comes into a drabble of his very own titled thus, someday! *Giggles at shocking, blatant request that may be in vain - hint, hint* ;-D

Not to worry (like you would - LOL) ...this series will still remain on my favorites list for reference and inspiration. :-)
Archaic Scribe chapter 16 . 12/27/2004
Somehow I pictured that reference being a bit different, but I do like your slant and perception of it - something that never really occurred to me.

Here I'm thinking the people of Dale fighting against nasty old Smaug to keep their people safe when here they are picking and choosing one to throw to him in a twisted sacrifice!

As I said, this is something that never would have touched my mind.

Nicely done!
Archaic Scribe chapter 14 . 12/27/2004
Legoloas shows his a more obvious wisdom than initially portrayed in many works, I think, in this specific drabble.

...or perhaps it is simply age that reveals itself more in his characteristics and the ravages of war that have made him seem counted among the wise...
Archaic Scribe chapter 15 . 12/27/2004
A nice drabble from Elrond's p.o.v. It is easy to see he is angered, certainly, in retrospect.

But I think you show, that with even more retrospect, he is also strong in logic and understanding against his emotion.

We would expect no less from Lord Elrond, would we? ;-)
Neige chapter 17 . 12/22/2004
I've always liked Celebrimbor. I think you've done him justice here. :)