Reviews for English Summer Rain
Loethlin chapter 1 . 1/17/2005
Although the idea of Remus and Sirius being a couple before the end of PoA appeals to me less than the idea of them getting together after the third book, I liked this fic very much. Your style ir really nice. The way you write helps me go into the mood of the story easily.

Oh, and one more thing: I wrote a story which is titled just like this one, only I posted it a bit earlier than you, and I noticed that Black-Ice Maiden got us confused. :-D Sorry about that.
Marauder Angel chapter 1 . 1/15/2005
I'll make this brief. Your writing is great, (as i've said in other reviews)and Sirius and Remus are perfectly in character. Your stories just seem real, which is something you don't often come across when reading fanfiction. I do hope you might consider writing longer Harry Potter fiction in the future. I'd be sure to read it. Angel x
The Demonic Duo chapter 1 . 1/15/2005
Oh, oh! I get those reviews! Aren't they fun?

Well, anyways, this is another well written fic! So adorable, I think I'll send it to my friend, Jackie. It was quite enjoyable to read, as well as the few others I've read of yours. Brilliant job.

Cherry? I like cherry pies too, but if I had to chose between blueberry and cherry, blueberry would definitely win. (That's okay, right? Means more cherry pie for you.) _~
KuroiCho chapter 1 . 1/3/2005
Like an old married couple? .. well the are almost married already. At least you could say that by reading the tons of R/S fics out there. Oh, how I love the angsty Remus. Or pissed-off Remus? The same.

'English Summer Rain' is such a good song (and Placebo in general is such a good band).

Cherry pie sounds good, since I like cherry jam and fresh cherries as well.
Valkyr Tryst chapter 1 . 11/29/2004
This was great for a one chapter fic. Maybe you could consider making a longer one like it. I also love your "Lonely and fading, heartbroke and waiting." Keep up the fantastic work.
FlamencoPenguin chapter 1 . 10/8/2004
Hey there.

I'm temted to say "omg i luv dis...", but i'm resisting. Strongly resisting.

I love this pairing and I think that you have handled the pups well. Remus in particular is a great rendition. He is just how I would imagine him to be at Hogwarts.

Also, I think that if Remus and Sirius were to be a couple, they would definatle fight constantly! I can't stand all the lovey dovey nonsense where they immediately fall in love, have big gay sex, and never insult each other or hurt each other. It's just not lifelike and makes the characters 2-Dimensional. So me likey.

Oh yes the kiss. It was sweet-angsty-selfconsious-angy-perfect. I love how they just gruffly walk away from it.

I did notice one thing though...typo. After 'the argument'when Remus storms off, you say:

"‘When I goddamn feel like it!’ Remus replied stiffly, and crawled through the hole in the wall. Sirius flopped down angrily back next to Sirius, and crossed his arms over his chest. James just clucked his tongue and sniggered slightly."

And unless Sirius has an evil clone-type thing, he can not very well sit next to himself, eh?

So: Thank you for writing and I hope that you continue to put your stuff out there!

-FlamencoPenguin

(P.S.)I like cherry pie too, but right now i've decided that banana cream pie is my favorite.
heyhey heyhey chapter 1 . 7/9/2004
That was really good, I've never actually looked through the view of Remus and Sirius like a bickering married couple *snicker*.
Prologi chapter 1 . 5/1/2004
Oh my, I don't know if I can review intelligently. I suck at pointing out things I liked and didn't like, but well, I'll try to give it a go.
The very ending, where the rain ended and so on, was wonderful. I think that moment is magical, when the rain slowly stops and sun comes out.
I think the argument was left a bit unfinished, not that I would have liked them to fight more, but one of them should have apologise. Well, maybe they a kind of a wordless agreement.
Somehow the ending seems to be left a bit open, Sirius kisses Remus and everything is allright. I think there could have been something there, but then it would have probably ruined the atmosphere.
HappyDappyDrunk chapter 1 . 5/1/2004
I'm usually just happy to get positive feedback, but I suppose others are a little more picky. O.o ...Anywho... I liked what you have. It was very interesting. I'd most likely say 'Please continue if you can,' but I feel this should stop right here. It's enough. So, whatever. Cheers. H.D.D.
chimerical chapter 1 . 4/26/2004
The end seemed a bit abrupt, but otherwise it was entirely enjoyable. I'd *like* you to continue, but of course you don't have to.
Talifiney chapter 1 . 4/24/2004
Cute. That's all I could really say. But, I like this style, using parallels from Harry's world, and the era before. You know like how they say Ron/Hermione bicker like an old married couple. -rolls eyes- Anyways, I liked it.