Reviews for Castle Part 1 and 2
Aisline chapter 10 . 7/26/2010
Ooooh, great story! After a couple of chapters I was hooked, and I just couldn't stop reading. Your OC Vlohiri was great, as was your OC Medros. Although he's great in a different way-you just gotta love to hate him. And, man, you really make old Aragorn suffer in this story-the harness, the gag, ouch! I realized as I read this story, this may be one of the only stories I've read where Aragorn is called by his real name. I've read some about Strider, and Thorongil, and a *ton* abou Estel, but not Aragorn. Which is strange because he refers to himself and is called Aragorn throughout the WotR... Anyway, I was just very surprised when he gave his name to Vlohiri, expecting to read one of his many aliases.

I saw there is a sequel, and I'll be off the read that soon, but I want more of this story. I want to hear what happened to the Lady and her son and the rest of the people like Naranan. I want to hear what happened to Vlohiri when he returned to Minis Tirith, and I really want to see the reunion with Arwen and read about Aragorn's healing. Ooh, maybe even an angsty scene with Eomer and his guilt about failing his King... Ah well, I'll have to imiagine them myself, which is, of course, what all the best stories leave you doing.

Well, this review is really more of a rant, so I'll sign off now. :-)

~Aisline
lostinterestsorry chapter 6 . 8/4/2008
I adore Lomac. Great character. Cannot say enuf good things about your writing. This is one of the best LOTR stories I've ever read. Aragorn's plight seems so incredibly real.
lostinterestsorry chapter 5 . 8/4/2008
You really know how to build the tension. Cannot believe how close Eomer was to guessing the truth! And then...nothing. I hate Lt. Medros. He'll get his though, won't he? Vlohiri just keeps getting braver. Splendid story.
lostinterestsorry chapter 4 . 6/14/2008
Can't imagine being gagged like that all the time. Your villains are just horrible! This whole story was very emotional for me. But here's little Vlohiri, showing spurts of bravery. Like the way you are building his courage gradually because I think we can see where this is going. The realism in your story is fantastic, incidentally. Also I enjoy the interludes with Eomer, Faramir, and Arwen. Sometimes reading a story that is complete is a lot easier because you get the overall effect of what's happening and don't have to rely on memory. Anyways, this is a great story. I'm glad I found it.
lostinterestsorry chapter 3 . 6/14/2008
Another amazing chapter. I was almost sick with grief when Aragorn was recaptured. Such cruelty but of course, you've got several chapters to go here, so how else could it end? But damn, it was sure hard to read. At least Faramir made out well. Loved Aragorn's revelation to Vlohiri. This story absolutely rocks!
lostinterestsorry chapter 2 . 6/14/2008
Vlohiri - one of the best original characters I've ever come across. Good the way you portray him as not really understanding all that is going on with the adults. But the point about the last poacher being sentenced to just three weeks was sure to stick in his mind. Add Lady Saborian to the list of characters I'd like to see punished! I'm really feeling the sense of sorrow on both Aragorn's and Arwen's part as I read on. And Vlohiri, how can he resist Aragorn's innate nobility for long? We already know the answer to that.
lostinterestsorry chapter 1 . 6/14/2008
I don't know whether you even read your reviews any more or not but I just had to sit down and write some. Began reading this story yesterday morning and finished it a few hours ago. Also saw your comment that it had been deleted at some point and you lost your reviews. What a shame, because I'm sure you had lots of them.

Love your depiction of Aragorn - strong, brave, and somewhat intimidating! By the end of the story, though, I really detest most of your original characters. Especially that awful Medros.
Sunshine chapter 10 . 6/6/2008
Great story!
obsidianj chapter 10 . 1/16/2006
This is an awesome story. I found this story when starting to read the sequel at HASA. After the first few chapters I got the feeling there had to be an earlier story so I started searching until I found it.

This story had me in its grip from the first chapter on. The tension reaches new heights with every chapter, and the end is very satisfying. I love the OC Vlohiri. You created a very likeable character here. Poor Aragorn! That was hard on him. I like at the end that you hint at him having to deal with the repercussions from his imprisonment for some time to come. That he can't just go on like nothing has happened. The healer was funny, calling Aragorn a 'young man'.
Timmy2222 chapter 10 . 1/6/2006
To Tinorial:

Good Lord, you made my day! Thank you so much for the wonderful reviews you sent. It is always very rewarding to know of the readers' opinions, and those were very flattering. I don't suppose I could compete with Master Tolkien. I am just an apprentice.

But if there is interest you can meet Aragorn, Vlohiri and Lomac again in "Twilight of the Gods".

And on this way thanks to all who spread the word and recommend this story.

Timmy :)
A New Username for My Sanity chapter 10 . 12/30/2005
Wow! Fantastic ending! I knew Lady Saborian had something hidden up her sleeve (though not literally….. excuse the pun :-D)! Once again, Eomer was fantastic. And it was great that you proved him fallible, too, even though you may have hundreds of screaming fangirls on your tail chasing you out of town…. And Faramir let Sadur live! In the end it proved worthwhile, because Aragorn got his stuff, but I would’ve liked to see that lord suffer… well, maybe not. He was not nearly as bad as his mother or Lt. Medros (yippee, he died!) and much, much more sufferable. Lady Saborian is still stuck in her ways, though, I see. And Vlohiri is going to Minas Tirith! :D:D:D:D:D Eomer is up and around, Faramir is recovering, and Aragorn is taking his little friend home. Yay! All’s well that ends well.

This story is definitely one of my most favorite stories ever read! I loved it! You truly are one of the most fantastic authors that I have seen in all my years of reading. I am going to end up re-reading this story dozens of times (it is already saved on my computer) and, of course, I will suggest it to all my friends. LOL It defied my expectations, even with, as I said earlier, the publicity it gets. I have had several people suggest I read it, all telling me how great it is. I’ll have to check out that ‘kind of’ sequel!

And one last line: Eomer punching Lady Saborian out cold: awesome. *stores beautiful imagery in mind forever*

And by the way—the reason my reviews are all in succession isn’t because I read *that* fast, but I had this story saved on my computer to read while I had no Internet and wrote the reviews as I read the chapters. :o) Sorry! LOL FF thought I was spamming you…. My apologies!
A New Username for My Sanity chapter 9 . 12/30/2005
THEY RESCUED ARAGORN! Huzzah! Huzzah! I have been sitting here reading, practically jumping up and down in my seat. The battle was so realistic. And I have to point out that the way you describe Eomer and his rage is more than canon: it is perfection. Professor Tolkien could not have done better himself.

Vlohiri is such a good little boy, always doing as he was told. I am so happy that they are finally rescuing Aragorn! Everything is going to turn out okay. YIPPEE! Now I have to go read the last chapter—if I don’t get heart failure in the process. Do I need to say how awesome this story is?

Oh, and Sadur? He had better NOT try and harm Faramir!
A New Username for My Sanity chapter 8 . 12/30/2005
Vlohiri’s on a mission! Yay! He’s going to save the day for everybody’s favorite Ranger! You have been *killing* me with suspense with this chapter! I got so excited when Faramir met up with that cart after the attack—I thought it had been the cart Vlohiri was on (maps are not my best subject, thus I didn’t realize that they should not have crossed paths) and that Aragorn was going to be rescued a day sooner! But who cares, he’s gotta be rescued sometime soon, right? RIGHT? Of course he does. And stupid Medros, trying to find Vlohiri like that! Another thing you had me on pins and needles about, mellon-nín! I thought he was going to get the poor boy! Although he yet may…. But I truly hope he doesn’t! Fantastic, fantastic chapter, fantastic story, fantastic everything! This is one of the best stories I’ve ever read!
A New Username for My Sanity chapter 7 . 12/30/2005
Boy, nearly everyone is having a close encounter with death or despair in this chapter! Eomer—I *love* his determination to find Aragorn or at least fulfill his word. Faramir—he is risking his own life but has the same, if not more, determination as Eomer! I had considered the dream with Boromir, and poor Faramir to have to go through that again! And Aragorn—he’s going through some tough times! Stupid Medros. At least allow the prisoner a *little* more room! And Vlohiri reacted very well to Aragorn’s needs. He won’t let our king die! And neither will you, right? *meaningful glare* RIGHT? *sigh* Yes, yes, only way to ensure, I suppose…. *goes to read the next wonderful chapter*
A New Username for My Sanity chapter 6 . 12/30/2005
You nearly killed Aragorn! You should be ashamed of yourself! Well, I s’pose you have to get points for keeping him alive…. My sanity thanks you.

I can’t wait for Faramir to pay Lady Saborian a little visit. Would anyone mind seeing her hanged right now? Sadur is… surprising. Much a mama’s boy, it seems, but still. I hadn’t expected him to take this job so seriously, to care so much for Aragorn, even if his mother is the scariest woman ever heard of. Vlohiri did his part well too! Having to endure the night in the dark corridor. Poor kid. What courage! I know of a select few ten-year-olds who would rather die than do that. And as for that ending, what a great way to end the chapter! I am so glad that Lomac did not turn Vlohiri in! Maybe there is a little hope left for the human race after all. :-P Fantastic chapter!