Reviews for The Question
RavenLady chapter 1 . 4/28/2005
Beautifully done, and what a metaphor. This is proof that it's still possible to write something breathtakingly original about a popular character.

Maybe I'm dense, but I still can't tell exactly what the question was. But I'm not sure it matters.
Dragon-of-the-north chapter 1 . 2/13/2005
This is a very clever, philosophical story, and the idea of telling it from the viewpoint of the "audience" of the monologue gives it more depth and allows the reader to see things more clearly, both with the narrator's eyes, very much inside the story, and from a more detached viewpoint. And while this allows you an interesting, if frightening, glance into the mind of Maedhros, the existance of the narrator does not allow the reader the illusion of actually getting close to the redoutable Feanorian here - more questions than answers indeed, but splendidly written. :-)
elvenwanderer chapter 1 . 8/29/2004
this is so deep... I love it!

Maedhros just seems so complex and thoughtful, and the mood is dark and whoo... I just really like how you wrote this!

*favorites you*

thanks, btw, for reviewing my fic!
Indille chapter 1 . 8/24/2004
Ah, so lovely... I read this months and months ago, but foolishly neglected to review it... it is truly lovely. If I were you, I shouldn't tell us the question- part of the charm of the story is that so little is explained- the time the question is asked is not disclosed to us 'til Maedhros has finished, and the "current" time of the speaker is still only vague. And yet despite this groundlessness- perhaps because of it- the idea flourishes. Thank *you,* my dear.
Tehta chapter 1 . 7/27/2004
I do like this! Your friend was right, making it a conversation with an outsider-a reader surrogate-makes Maedhros' monologue much more compelling. And the metaphor certainly works!
Werecat99 chapter 1 . 6/6/2004
I liked that. Seen from the eyes of a nameless soldier this sscene has more depth.

Good work.
Donroth chapter 1 . 5/25/2004
I love the way you can compress so much emotion into your words without being too verbose. I utterly adore Maedhros. Thanks for writing something that doesn't have to revolve around his relationship with Fingon. (Not that I have anything against those fics, but there are already too many of them.)
Arhuaine chapter 1 . 5/13/2004
Thanks for your review on Daisy. :) I love this. It's nice to see something about the popular characters, only from a different POV for a change.
Viya chapter 1 . 4/26/2004
I don't know what to say, really, except I think it's really good. i love the way you've written Maedhros, as he's one of my favourite characters, and Random Soldier #28 is good too, not knowing who, or what, Maedhros is or does. However, it would be nice to put the question that he asked at the beginning.