Reviews for Chinese Lantern
moseph chapter 7 . 7/14/2006
I don't really know what to say, except that it's 12:28 am in Ontario and I'm sitting at my laptop wearing an old gym shirt and my hair in a tiny ponytail, and I clicked on your story as a cure for boredom and insomnia and now I'm seven chapters in and it turns out it's kind of awesome and funny but I'm way too tired to finish it now and I have so many thoughts bounding around in my head and they're moving so fast that I can't make any of them out except for one:

Did you notice that 'narf' backwards is 'fran'?

Is this some kind of subliminal message?

...WHO IS FRAN, DAKKI? WHO IS FRAN?

Until I am coherent enough to finish this,

mosephy

PS. That was a really cheap shot at Candians. I just thought you were better than that. The Mounties would be ashamed.
BrownieMelody chapter 12 . 4/12/2005
I love it! Yes. . .I'm back! WoOt! Out of hiding and back in gear-and I LOVE this story. So very...well...its reminds me of a historical fiction (which of course i love) but yet its not of course because its a different place all together! Great work!

Brownie
Nosilla chapter 12 . 2/18/2005
I, am going to make an egg.

HAHAHHA! Sry.
PuguinHunter chapter 7 . 2/15/2005
This is one of the most bizzare Newsies fics I could ever think of existing. It's a very refreshing thing. XD

This had the danger of becoming an awful Mary-Sue, but you've managed to avert that and make something that has me rolling on the floor in stiches.

Bravo.
Nosilla chapter 12 . 2/12/2005
You are hilarious. I love this fic. You must update it... now. NOW!

Just kidding... plz?

Miss most beloved of all cowriters, how could I deniest thou a cameo? Thou shalt live in the pirate village and be a pirate slut.

SARAH: Isn’t ‘thou’ supposed to be plural?

Shutteth up.

LOL!
Saturday chapter 12 . 2/4/2005
“Jesus,” Crutchy said in alarm, “you wanna tenderize the octopus, Tumbler, not make it beg for mercy.”

Yeah, I'm going to marry you. Today.

This story is wonderful! It's delightful, it's delicious, it's delectable, it's delirious, it's dilemma, it's da limit, it's deluxe, it's delovely! (Sorry, opening night tonight. Wish me luck!) And I mean, honestly. You had Bumlets wearing pink satin breifs. How could I NOT love this story?

Bumlets: *prances by* They told me I could go to Dalton's dance camp, but I was just too good for them! *pirohuettes by*

"He enjoyed the races, as his name implies (although I guess you would have assumed that without me telling you, since most of you knew Race anyway and even if you didn’t it would be pretty stupid for his parents to name him ‘Racetrack’ if he didn’t like the races, although actually it’s just a nickname and his real name’s Anthony. Anyway). He liked cigars. He was a very good friend, and always there when you needed him, or at least most of the time, and he didn’t mind it if you threw up on his shoes."

What is it about your potrayal of Jack that makes me wet my pants? Honestly! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm still laughing about the "UH, JACK!" thing from a while ago. So friggin' funny...

OHMYGOD, DALTON'S LETTER AT THE END! I LAUGHED SO FUCKING HARD! I LOVE YOU! Particularly "(PLEEZ PLEEZ PLEEZ LET ME GO! I WILL BRING BACK SNOGLOBE). I HAVE FORTY-EIGHT MOSKITO BITES I COUNTED!" and XOXOXOXOXOX (TIMES A SQUILLION!)"

Snoglobe.

Ohmygod.

A squillion.

I WANT TO BRING YOU HOME WITH ME! HOORAY FOR DAKKI, UPDATE SOON BEFORE I GO INTO A VERY SEVERE STATE OF WITHDRAWAL! *tackles you into a hug*

-Saturday, who wants to go o-o-o-o-U-U-U-U-U-t tonight!
Zorrina chapter 12 . 2/3/2005
yay! I went through the WHOLE THING! I had a BLAST! But I hope you're not done. I mean with thoe whole prescilla thing, and the Racetrack throwing up thing, and the spot thing and the maggie thing... which has a chance of becoming one thing... ANYWAY

in regards to the forshaddowing at the bottom of this chapter to the next chapter, I just want to say that I have met an alligator named Fluffy I who, wonderfully enough, comes from Boston. Alligators in Boston, you say? why of course! If you can have time travel, you can have alligators in Boston, too. Now, how about those Red Sox?
Zorrina chapter 8 . 2/2/2005
This is the first time I've read this story, and i'm in LOVE with it! im too tired to read any more now, but soon i'll finish it!

btw, you quote the best movies and musicals in the history of EVER (and this is including newsies)! You rock my socks, world, and all other things that are not as important.
splashey chapter 12 . 2/2/2005
HEY! Yay! A new chapter! A good one at that! I mean we all know that Race is alive and well! What would we do without him? Or without Tumbler and his cakes?..the world just wouldn't go 'round. Hmm...worse voice ever, eh?..She should go on american Idol and pull a William Hung! Now that would be...er..interesting! And happy belated birthday to our dear man Christian "Jack Kelly" Bale! I'm looking forward to seeing him in the newest Batman in June! That should be exciting! Anyway..update soon! I can't wait!

Much Love,

splashey
Chaos Adame chapter 12 . 2/1/2005
RENT! I've just started listening to it. I love the way Mimi sings. (meow)

Spot, darling, woolly mittens itch. Not, of course, that I've envisioned it. They're like woolly underwear or something.

*makes a pina colado with extra rum*

SPOT: Who!
LadyRach chapter 12 . 1/31/2005
O, I can tell I haven't been on in a while, because they changed the review box-thingy without telling me.

Look, I'm reviewing twice now. Just out of curiosity, how does Lute of the hit count tell who has been reading her story? Wow, I just got a mental image of a girl sitting at her computer, channeling Goldilocks and the three bears: "Somebody's been reading my story!"

Wow, it sounds like Maddox and I have something in common. Because I can't sing either. Not one stinking note. Although my parents do tell me that it's gotten better since childhood; now you can distinguish words in the wailing.

Tell Dalton to have fun at dance camp. Oh, and if he does go to NYC, could he bring me back a snoglobe too? Or a T-shirt? Or a dancing, singing newsie? I'm not particular.

I love bad pickup lines! Is your name Visa? Because you're everywhere I wanna be.
Soaker chapter 12 . 1/31/2005
I was really afraid I'd missed a chapter, so I was quite glad to see this morning that I hadn't. Stupid trip to England making me miss the wonderfulness of newsies fanfiction.

Loved the chapter, as usual. I'm very relieved that Race didn't die. That makes me oh so happy. Poor Jack is still on his masculinity trip...and it scares me that Bumlets knows that satin breathes.
Written Sparks chapter 12 . 1/31/2005
Yes, I'm all for skipping chapter 13. I loved this chapter (and the last one which aparantly I forgot to review). Last one...I was in! Yay!. Can't wait for more of that. I love reading your stories Dakks-a-go-go.
ershey chapter 12 . 1/31/2005
Meep, you updated! *flying-tackle-glomps*

Hahahah! Aww, Spot and Maddox are so cute! *pets them* Well, as long as Maddox doesn't sing again...

Hahah, Jack's awesome, really! [Or do I mean flaming?] Poor thing already wrote out a eulogy and everything... but yay, Race is alright!

Hehehe! You gotta love Bumlets! “Well. Sequins chafe me so.” That literally made me laugh!

Priscilla? Hmm... *ish just a bit confused*

Anyways! I luffles it much, Dakki! Update soon, alrighty? [Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTIAN BALE!]
Ccatt chapter 12 . 1/30/2005
holy shitty! you updated, well you knew that, but yayayayayaya!...omg i could hug you but i cant...woot the excitment is too much! dude its been like five million years!...oh man and it was great and awesome as always...i'm going to go breathe again now...please update again soon!

Cat