Reviews for Flextime
Keleshnar chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
Your Libby Gilmore stories are fantastic... write more, please! You've set up a scenario (with excellent writing!) that allows the Tarzan characters to address some deep personal topics without the framework seeming contrived. Goodness knows that we all want to see these things talked about, and your stories have been the perfect medicine thus far. My only complaint is that there are only two stories published - you should definitely continue!
Nixariel chapter 1 . 12/2/2007
What, only one more? Come on, this is awesome stuff! You gotta continue. Truth be told, there isn't much for good writing in the Tarzan forum, with you as one of the few exceptions. Too many people go overboard on flowery descriptions (crystal orbs, flaming passion, ugh, you get the picture) and the story ends up more comical than anything. Just think about "crystal orbs" for a second. Does anybody else get a picture of someone with gemstones for eyes? However, you keep your writing on that delicate line between sparse and overbearing, which is something I really admire.

I also admire that you focus on the actual relationship between Jane and Tarzan rather than sex. Fimmel is hot, yeah, but that's not what makes Tarzan mesmerizing. You capture that perfectly.

As a final note, I quite enjoy your Gilmore character. I personally have trouble thinking up characters that aren't blatant Mary Sues, but you did an amazing job with making an add-in a real person. She's about as far from a Mary Sue as you can get. I would pay to read your work; there are very few writers to which I could say the same.
Silverwolf chapter 1 . 8/13/2005
I really love your stories. It is interesting to get an outside view of Tarzan ans Jane, and the others characters. It is really well done and I hope you will write more sometime.
mysticmaggie chapter 1 . 5/1/2005
It's May 1st...I have just discovered your wonderful stories! They are fantastic! I don't know if you are still writing them or the Tarzan show still lives on in our hearts, and I loved your story! Now I will look for any more that you have written...I just finished the second one. THANK YOU!
Bethlynn chapter 1 . 8/23/2004
Hi!

Your doing a great job. This one was great. Keep up the good work.

Beth

)}-
braintz chapter 1 . 7/9/2004
I truly love your writing and the perspective you take. It is very emotionally satisfing reading. You definitely understand the characters and bring a wonderful depth to their imperfections and perfections! Please, keep up the good work. I hope the next 'visit' isn't long to wait.
braintz chapter 1 . 7/9/2004
snowecat chapter 1 . 5/2/2004
It's too bad that the series was so short, there would probably be more fics if it was longer. I really love this possible series that you are doing. I can see and hear the characters, a mark of a truly great story.
Kathleen needs to hire better help, doesn't she? Maybe a former African tribes-person so Tarzan wouldn't scare them half to death all the time.
I really like your characterization of Jane, you're right she was a control freak. The yoga class was brilliant, Jane can't seem to understand that Tarzan will always be superior in some form or another.
Tarzan is a lot like a story character of mine, human in form but not by nature. (I had my characte Alexi long before Tarzan ever aired) With both of them, you must NEVER forget their origins and how it shaped them. Otherwise you put them into the same category as the rest of humanity and then get ticked when they outshine you or do something that upsets your moral code.
All in all, Jane could really use some therapy, and Libby seems perfect for the job. I can't wait to see if you do anything more with this.
star06 chapter 1 . 4/29/2004
OMG that is flipin great