Reviews for Penultima
AeroShylph chapter 1 . 4/30
I will have to re read to understand better this "we die, we win" theory. And a story worth re reading is a story worth favoriting. Hehe.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/24/2014
Could've just summened Eden, ya'know. :p
Miguel51 chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
Did Squall just pull some Wibbly Wobbly Timey Whimy to get another shot at Ultimecia? Wow, great fic.
Goldamon X chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
Well...Shit. That was good. And rather creepy.
Cat In My Fridge chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
It's - it's amazing. Holy hell. Your use of the English language is astounding here - I loved all the little style quirks you had going on that made it all more tangible, more real, and oh-so much more haunting.

And this is going into my quotes anthology:

There is something about despair that even the animals understand. It's what grips a deer staring at its own death, so that it can only stand stiff and still-every survival instinct frozen, unable to save itself. Convinced of its ruin, it awaits and enables its ruin. Despair is self-fulfilling calamity.

Terror is despair given desperation, is desperation given form and voice. Despair and terror feed on each other like symbiotes-they sap each other, strengthen each other, endure.

Bluegoat chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
Well, that was a thought-provoking, tragic one-shot. I loved it. So Squall is incredible here. The bit about what makes a leader was awesome, and Squall was that leader.
Hassun chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
A very interesting take on time compression and the end of FFVI. It's so hard to comprehend a story which breaks the otherwise infallible rules of time but you made it both entertaining and dark.

Good stuff.
Viviane Renard chapter 1 . 11/18/2007
Twisted but good. The thought of killing his friends in order to try a plan of questionable reasoning-that takes more of an iron will than I can ever even imagine having. Very nice job with Squall's thinking.
Heian Edenwood chapter 1 . 9/24/2007
This was a bit odd to me... yet something REALLY drew me to it. ) Going to my favourites. _
AutumnDynasty chapter 1 . 7/17/2006
Looking at the other reviews you've gotten for this, I doubt I'll be saying anything new That was an absolutely astounding piece of writing that left me breathless by the end. The only thing that I can say for negatives on this is that I did get a little confused a little by the logic and time, though I think that added something to it for me. I wouldn't have it any other way. Excellent work!
Fwe chapter 1 . 5/29/2006
Wow. That was really amazing. I enjoyed it a lot. Your awesome use of the English language was probably what made it so good for me. You're really far above most of the people on this site (myself included) and I found that refreshing. :) The idea was wonderfully original, too. A pleasant break from all of the romance abound. I think that the bittersweet points were brilliantly played out. Very subtle, very dramatic. ;) If anything, going away from this I can say this safely: I envy your skills with a pen (or keyboard.) Good show. Keep it up.
Queen000 chapter 1 . 1/5/2006
nicely written story. I found this while searching for Appendix I in order to re-read it, but it seems as though you have taken it down. It's a shame; I really liked that story, even though there was no concrete ending. I was actually hoping that you were going to continue writing it.

ciao *waves*

Moshi Moshi Mai chapter 1 . 10/17/2005
Whoa, that was really cool! It gave me the creeps! _ Excellent work!

-Moshi Moshi Mai
wellduh chapter 1 . 5/25/2005
Scarily, makes sense. Nice concept. Love ending.
Creosote Rose chapter 1 . 2/9/2005
Ah, I saw the title to this piece and I knew that I would have to read it. The concept of the penultimate is enticing, especially with your use of it in time compression.

As far as I can see, the characterization of these characters is exceptional and I am especially fond of Squall's repetition of his intent. It builds tension and leads you to the conclusion.

Thsi actually reminded me a lot of Robert Frost's "Fire and Ice" and I do wonder if there was any influence drawn from him.

Congrats on this piece, it's certainly one to remember.