Reviews for Children of the Blue
blue-gender-yuji chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
I think the while thing was perfectly brilliant! I've never read anything as good as this.
Enchanter468 chapter 22 . 3/29/2008
This story means quite a bit to me. It was one of the first fanfics I ever read, and it was also one of the first to be added to my Favorites list when I finally got an account here. I'm a little bit sorry that I never got a chance to review this while it was still in progress, but I figured I'd still say SOMETHING now.

While I dislike the near-deification of nature that appears toward the end of Blue Gender, I'm certainly not going to fault you for including that in your story, as it becomes VERY important there at the end. There are also quite a few scientific errors (Gorski suggesting that you can't cure your genetic code, for instance, is odd, since you CAN cure mutations in your DNA using gene therapy) and the occasional spelling mistake.

Those, however, are but trifling matters, because the fact is that you've written an extremely good story. Aside from just having great action and a good amount of romance and humor, your fic contains the only scene that ever made me laugh because a person was so IN character. Specifically, when Marlene is interrogating the two mercenaries at the fuel/supply depot and one of them says "bite me." I was expecting you to have Marlene change her tactics or something, but having her shoot him in the face was what made me laugh with pleasant surprise. Knowing Marlene from the show, I can TOTALLY see her doing that!

Anyway, this is a great story. It has been a pleasure reading it, and I thank you for writing the fic.
Stoic Moose Zombie chapter 1 . 1/9/2008
You are one hell of a writer my friend. I swear your story should be animated. I could imagine watching the thing.
usesnentowrite chapter 8 . 11/25/2007
Great job on creating a real page turner! Characterization is executed very well, especially in the case of Marlene Angel. Hell truly hath no fury... like Marlen's scorn. HAH, I feel sorry for those poor bastards who took her kid, but they had it coming!

I was also glad to see that Amick is still alive and well, and we finally got to see her perform in armored shrike combat. She was much more skilled than I ever imagined her to be (by the way, she is my second favorite character in the show). I was, however, surprised (and pleased!) to see that she had not lost her sense of honor and integrity in the intervening years.

When I'm finished reading the whole piece, I'll see if I can write something more useful as a review!

Shea
Demon007 chapter 22 . 12/18/2005
just adding it to my favorites looking forward to the last stand climax
Raptor - X1 chapter 22 . 9/14/2005
that was simply amazing and well written. a few mistakes here and there; but the story was absolutely breathtaking.
Marchgirl chapter 22 . 8/31/2005
Absolutely marvelous! times 10. You did a wonderful job writing this. I felt as if I was watching an episode of Blue Gender. The details were complete, it's just a great story. Please write more and let us know when you get published, I'll definitely by your books.
Marchgirl chapter 3 . 8/26/2005
I am loving this so far and I can't wait to read the rest of the story. I hope all your stuff is this good.
LASER CRUSADER chapter 22 . 10/28/2004
BLUE GENDER: CHILDREN OF THE BLUE: Was the first fanfiction that I have ever read in my life. And I have to say that this has to be the BEST Blue Gender story in this entire website. I completly loved it. IT started STRONG and ended STRONG. I love the begining the middle and the end. I happy that you didn't kill off any of the main characters permanetly. I kinda of wished that if the people who actually own Blue Gender made a movie that takes place at the exact moment the series finishes off that you would use your story so the whole world can watch a MasterPiece at work. I just want to thank you for introducing me to fanfiction.
asds chapter 22 . 9/2/2004
Bravo ! Bravo! That's all I am going to say ! This story was exellent!

I hope that you will write more great stories like this!
Demon007 chapter 22 . 7/21/2004
this is a truly amazing story and you are an ecually amazing author you captured yuji and marlene's personalidies perfectly and kept true to the show without faltering at all. you weaved an in depth story and made it feel realistic I deeply enjoyed this fic it's by far the best blue gender fic on . the only thaing that could have made this story better is if they somehow ran into dice but life goes on. again this is a truly amazing fic and i comend you on your writing talants.
Danielle chapter 1 . 6/1/2004
Please write more ur stories were the best?

Or u can write books on the new one's please im ur biggest fan for these!
LC Wolf chapter 22 . 5/26/2004
Awesome conclusion, I couldn't think of a more fitting finale. Bringing Yuji back from the dead was pushing it a bit, however, but I'm glad that he's not pushing up daisies. Three cheers for the Captain!
Rahab's Rehab chapter 22 . 5/26/2004
HURRAY! BRAVO MY FRIEND BRAVO! You get the award for best story out there! Hope you come up with another one again soon, but hey you need some weeks rest. That was some work you put together.
melchiah25hotmail.com chapter 21 . 5/25/2004
BO! and BOO HOO!:-( Don't know if I can Continue reading. But anyway at least you made it realistic like the series. Good job anyway:) Can't wait for ending.