Reviews for Number Two Son
PSW chapter 10 . 8/2
I enjoyed this story! And I just loved the bit at the end, with Faramir and his son and the seashells - I thought it was a fantastic idea. Thanks so much for writing!
Aves Argent chapter 10 . 7/17/2012
Beautiful story – excellent exploration of Denethor's mind. I really loved it.
asdfjkl chapter 10 . 7/3/2008
i love this story. although it surrounded faramir, i really like your boromir character. i like how you had him handle everything-it was just so boromir. i also liked your denethor. you portrayed him very realistically.

this story rocked! i laughed and i cried. perfect :D
Rugi chapter 10 . 5/15/2006
I was searching through the older stories and was delighted to find this one. You have done many things very well. I agree with you about Denethor - he would be a difficult father under all circumstances (and I can't imagine that the palantir helped). But he isn't a complete abusive monster. You also did lovely work in showing the family dynamics and how each member's behavior affected the other. And too many authors neglect the negative affect all of the tension would have on the "favored son." I like how you subtely brought that out.

BUT I have to say that what makes this story totally unique for me is how well you showed the military side of the family. Denethor isn't going to completely ignore his second son's talents. Faramir is a more than competant leader and Boromir is the Captain General - placing his officers where they will do the most good and loving his brother but distracted by his many burdens. Great work.
Tip chapter 10 . 9/18/2004
Oh my gosh! This is such an amazing story! I literally had tears streaming down my face at the end... You did an EXCELLENT job with the characters especially, and their interactions with one another. I like how you portrayed the slow decline of the relationship between Denethor and Faramir- and how you worked the Palantir and Aragorn in. The end was absolutely wonderful as well. This is probably one of, if not THE best, fan fictions that I have EVER read on this site. Please keep up the wonderful work! God bless!
Lhaewin chapter 10 . 8/6/2004
This is a very good, beautiful and moving story. I love it!
JoJo4 chapter 10 . 7/13/2004
I loved your treatment of Denethor. So many people portray him as abusive, but I find that your approach is much more human in its subtlety. It seemed that Denethor did indeed love Faramir, and that there was something about Denethor that was worthy of love. I felt as if I understood Denethor much more after reading this.
Astara chapter 10 . 7/6/2004
This fic certainly ranks among the best I've ever read about the brothers Mir and their father. The family dynamics are just great; the character portrayal is realistic and refreshingly objective concerning Denethor. If the brothers are the victims of the situation - Faramir in particular -, you've made it very clear that this also goes for the Steward (in addition to having a complex and difficult personality). The evil emanating from the palantir was almost palpable.

In short, a sad but wonderful story ending on a much brighter note. It was a relief to see that Faramir didn't repeat the darn pattern of emotional distance (not that I expected him to do so;-)), and the birthday greetings for Uncle Boromir were a real tear jerker:-).

Thanks for giving us this wonderful, touching story, French Pony!
Sonata Arctica89 chapter 10 . 7/2/2004
I would just like to sy that i really enjoyed your stiyr and i am sad that it is over
Rosie26 chapter 10 . 7/1/2004
My biggest gripe is that it's over. I've really enjoyed this story - the content is first class, and the writing equally so. 10/10 - no 11/10 :)
Kit5 chapter 10 . 6/30/2004
I am sorry that this story got completed without my knowledge, thanks to not notifying me; I should have kept checking, no excuses.

I think your portrayal of Denethor was one of the best I've seen in fanfiction, and you drew the relationship between the brothers beautifully.

The final chapter, with Faramir's solemn oath to his own son, brought tears to my eyes. Indeed, Elburon's little brother will never feel like "the second son."

Wonderful job, Pony.
shie1dmaidenofrohan chapter 10 . 6/30/2004
Lovely ending to the story... Elboron is just too cute! And that's an interesting thought, that Faramir's grandfather is really the villian of the story, not Denethor. I will have to ponder this further.

Anyway, great story, and I'll be looking forward to seeing more from you.
Mercury Gray chapter 10 . 6/30/2004
Aw...that was very sweet. I love Elboron...attacking life with the idealism only a four year old can muster.

Would you mind terribly if I ( Or you) wrote what Boromir is thinking in 'the big palace in the sky'?

I think it'd be quite interesting.
BoBi chapter 10 . 6/30/2004
*applauds wildly until her hands fall off* YAY! That was awesome...I loved your portrayal of Faramir. Very good. Keep writing!

Lossenrhos chapter 10 . 6/30/2004
I feel all choked up. I loved the bit about Faramir worrying that he would repeat his fathers mistakes, and little Elboron. You have some interesting points about Denethor and Ecthelion. I never thought about it that way but you are right- his fathers treatment of him would have had a huge effect on how he treated his children. And of course about the effect on Boromir, how awful it is for a child/ young man to have the pressure of holding a family together coupled eith the guilt of being the favoured one. This is one of the few fics I have read which has given an to my view an accurate and fair representation of both Faramir and Boromir and this is certainly the best portrayal of Denethor I have ever seen. I wonderfully thoughtful, well written story, please keep on writing!