Reviews for The Clothes Make The Spirit
Freak09 chapter 110 . 5/29/2007
OMG I am rereading this fic because it is on my fave's list, and I have to say . . . IT FRICKIN' ROCKS! There were many times when I actually laughed out loud. Not just in my head, but burst out laughing. It is amazing how funny this fic is, and also it is well written. DO you know how hard that is to find? Anywho . . . I totally adore this fic and I hope there are going to be more updates soon!
Hotarunokoishi chapter 109 . 5/20/2007
This is hilarious!

Hey, for any of the Yamis (Bakura, though is most applicable) you could use a shirt saying "I'm the evil twin"

I have a shirt like that (even though I'm not a twin) and it's fun to see some of the reactions I get from it.
kain-donovan chapter 110 . 1/23/2007
Hehe.. I've been following this series for a long time... can't remember when I first started...anyways, are you going to update soon? Have you run out of slogans? I've got one for you, if you want to use it. :) 'Cast adrift in a sea of mobile stupidity.' Hehe.. Had a teacher in HS that used to love using that phrase /all/ the time. Update soon, please!
w4r7c chapter 110 . 12/9/2006
LOL I love this story! IT'S HILARIOUS! Is this story ever going to have an ending? My fav chapters were 8, 49 and 25 (i loved the insult to tristan in ch. 25 I almost fell out of my chair laughing so hard!) I liked the Yami and Yugi chapters the best; they were awesome but everything else was great as well! anyway update soon!
maleficus-lupus chapter 110 . 12/1/2006
One of the most funny things I've read since the SGA handbook!
Parker Stark chapter 61 . 10/28/2006
YAy!
bgtea chapter 110 . 8/21/2006
LOL! These are hilarious! I love how everything is getting so out of control. My personal favourites:

-"Peter Pan was afraid of heights; that’s why he never grew up. What about you?"

-"I have P.M.S and E.S.P, that makes me a bitch who knows everything,"

and

-"Sex is like oxygen. It isn’t important unless you’re not getting any."

XDD
CosmicEssence chapter 110 . 8/21/2006
Chap15 was good. T-shirt lines also good how did you come up with them all-or anyone else for that matter. And man WHY did i decide to read this its so long and I can't put it down-what I think I'm at 4hours now! Anyway all the characters are well played, interaction between them is cool, pairings and it is all so very well written etc etc.

Mai smirked. “Good girls are just bad girls who don’t get caught.”

Whose cyber commander(Tristian?) & whose Namu? all this back and forth almost makes me wanna make an actual list to remember them all! And that has gotta be the 'saddest' thing o.O Chap49 was enjoyable and quite amusing.

chap51-is it an actual belief over that old losing humor thing cause to me evryone i know thats old seems to have a wicked sense of humor?

chap56 & 60 very funny. Chap59: Just how old are they?

Know how Yugi feels in 61 & Bakura purring-how cute. Malik&Marik are weird thru &thru! i love the interaction you've got btween those two :p

66:Brilliant-your play on words is cool. Love that line in 80 about Puzzle & shadow magic from Yugi-Yami. 81: Slogan is 'so' funny-might I archive it? 82:would love to see a red Bakura and 85 was a good line. 88:awesome in general. 96:so true. V. funny especially Yami. 97: about time the man fought back for his sanity! 99: thought from 96 Yami sent M&M the doormat? 103:Whew-arent those two difficult to write? 109:Maliks outburst of YugixJoey was hysterical the rubberband ref.

I'm suprised this is still going...whens it gonna end...not that I mind only aint it time to up the ante a bit...maybe insults alongside actual pranks?

And hmm I know this has been done before but how about 4 Pegasus: "Life is Cheap, Pleasure Expensive" -'So why aren't you getting any?' (I used that jokingly on a friend once or "Death solves all problems-no man, no problem" on one of the yami's on why it didnt work like that for them.
ShiningSugar14 chapter 110 . 7/27/2006
O, idea for a Joey. Just quote part of Madonna's Material Girl.
Hotarunokoishi chapter 110 . 6/29/2006
Holy crap, i read that in one day!

And it was freaking awesome!

MORE! Please?

Idea: Bakura- Yami "I have not failed. I've jsut found 10,0 ways that won't work."
Kiwee chapter 110 . 6/26/2006
Oh my God, I killed myself laughing on some of these! Please, oh please update soon! These are just so funny!
infraredphaeton chapter 81 . 6/8/2006
I have a teeshirt like that...

or i had a teeshirt like that

It was a computer pop up window with that printed on it with the error symbol next to it, and the cursor hovering over 'yes'.

I pissed off my teacher by wearing it to Information Technology (IT)

nice chap
yakuri-moe chapter 106 . 5/30/2006
ahahhaahhahaa, is this ever going to end? XD
Chaotic Demon chapter 110 . 5/19/2006
To go along with the comments about Marik and Malik's collective mental states: "I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."
LynnGryphon chapter 110 . 5/15/2006
Hehe, I love this! Insults and sexual innuendo, the perfect combination! I figure I'll add my two cents worth of quotes, don't know if you could actually use them but here they are and hope you enjoy:

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.

George S. Patton

He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.

Douglas Adams

If Jesus had been killed twenty years ago, Catholic school children would be wearing little electric chairs around their necks instead of crosses.

Lenny Bruce

**Among life's perpetually charming questions is whether the truly evil do more harm than the self-righteous and wrong.

Jon Margolis (This one actually seems properly geared, go figure)

**If you're going to do something wrong, at least enjoy it.

Leo C. Rosten (Joey? Or maybe Duke [wrong being society's general outlook on alternative lifestyles period.])

**People are morons. I don't have any other explanation. I really don't.

Joss Whedon (Personally, this seems to cover everyone..)

Maturity is knowing that just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean he's a horse's ass.

Harry S Truman

**"A person who *won't* be blackmailed *can't* be blackmailed."

-Lazarus Long (Maybe a response [Bakura?Marik?] to a taunt?)

"Life's too short to waste time trying to please every meddlesome moron who's got an idea how I ought to be."

-Calvin

Isn't it funny how your best friends can turn out to be the best friends of your worst enemy.

A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Okay, that is admittedly more than two cents but you get the idea! -_-" Heh? Enjoy!
901 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »