Reviews for Unforgivable Promises
GY chapter 8 . 6/25/2004
I read about how Hermione's keep wanting to be sure of herself in the initial chapters. It seems that either she has changed or she is just hidding out so that when time arises, she want to be in the center of it as well. She seems to me to be the type that will never be wrong. So sure of herself, noone but her can be wrong. However it seems that this particular trait did not come up in the later chapter.

Also I can see the bud of HPSS relationship starting in this chapter. And it seems that they have resolved some of their conflict as well. Hopefully things will go smoothly for them and esp when Harry revealed himself to be gay in later chapters.

Hopefully I can see more actions in the next chapter. As it seems that so far alot of things just centered around Harry learning Occulmency. The only time he gets into actions is when he went after Ginny.
crazy-lil-nae-nae chapter 8 . 6/24/2004
I like it, you some-how make Prof. Snape seem, I don't know, knowledgeable? Caring? Enlightning? Human? Anyway, great work, keep it up _
Shadowpawn chapter 8 . 6/24/2004
Hilarious!
Emily22 chapter 8 . 6/24/2004
That is the best ending I have read all month. Classic Snape, well, not classic but you know what I mean. God, I love that snarky bastard!

Thanks for writing!
Mei chapter 8 . 6/24/2004
Lol for the last scentence! But wow, lots of Harry Angst in this chapter. Maybe he should talk to Remus? Cuz Remus would be able to assure him of his dad's love despite being gay, right? I agree that James was a big bully in school who thought himself all high and mighty and the rest of the world below him. With a fellow bigot in Sirius, a loyal little rat in Peter and Remus being too much of a bloody coward to stand up against them, James and his gang must have made Sev's life Hell.

What about Draco? If he's really planning to carry out his orders to kill Harry, it's going to be a dangerous year. I realise Harry and co can train themselves and watch their backs and all that, and at least Draco wouldn't have the benefit of surprise, but you can't be on guard 24/7 and it seems like a stupid risk to take...
xikum chapter 8 . 6/23/2004
Nice little conversation with Snape- I'm glad that Harry has him to talk to, and it seems, make a few entertaining observations; dare I say the odd bit of fun on occasion? Cute observation regarding Oliver. ;)

It's so good to see Snape get over himself and start thinking clearly with regards to Harry. He is an intelligent, as well as cunning man with a great grasp of strategy. I like it that he has overcome his blindness in that area.

And, Finally, they have made the move to start learning combat magic, not formal duelling! I must admit, I was surprised that you added so many in: not just Harry, but if anyone were added, I expected Ron & Mione. I was surprised to see also Neville and Ginny-Whoa! Though it does entirely make sense. Will Luna be added when she finally gets back from summer travels, Since she is also at risk, having been one of those at the Dept. of Mysteries battle? She seems to me a sensible, deep person, despite being a dreamer.

And what of Draco in this? Willing Death Eater, or forced? I'd like to see if he comes in on the side of good or evil in this fic. And Lucius?

This fic is getting better & better. I like how you keep adding new plotlines as you go along, and thought I can predict some, from logic (which is Good!) there are others that surprise and delight.
hdgfhfhfhfghfh chapter 7 . 6/23/2004
No! You can't end it here! Update soon! *hugs*
mal chapter 7 . 6/21/2004
please. i am tortured from the anticipation of waiting for another chapter...only really great stories do that to me and i love yours. oh please have an update soon...
Mei chapter 7 . 6/19/2004
Wow, that was such a beautiful chapter. I love the way you describe both Harry and Snape's actions and the emotions behind them throughout the story, but the last few paragraphs of this chapter really got to me. Very well done! *hugs*
Nilu chapter 7 . 6/18/2004
Hey man, that wuz cool! Splendid. I feel sorry for both of them and a tad bit dissapointed at James *gets all grumpy and starts hexing everything in sight with a spoon* Anyways, I really hope you'll update soon cuz I really wanna noe how things turn out.

Luv, tears and salt water,

~Nilu
Devona Wolfe chapter 7 . 6/17/2004
I really enjoy this story immensely, the whole premise of Severus and Harry getting closer due to putting their established prejudices aside by means of pensieve is quite original, and makes for an excellent basis to your story. Additionally, I've always been a fan of the "homophobic James makes Harry think that his parents would have hated him" senario, its not overly used, and I think its just entirely deserving of a squee! I'm duly impressed by your efforts to keep both Severus and Harry in character, I appreciate that you've produced seven quality chapters thus far, and they haven't just decided randomly that they need to screw eachother. Wonderful pre-slash thus far, I'm anticipating further development! Please update soon! Keep up the awesome job!
Lisa13 chapter 7 . 6/16/2004
ah! aww! its so cute! go sev/harry! woo-ho! more more more more..i'm gonna die!
xikum chapter 7 . 6/14/2004
Gods! Finally! Thank you for getting them to talking. I can see where it was necessary to take some time to set it up so that Snape had seen enough of 'Harry' to let go his prejudices, and to open his mind. Now, they can stop wallowing in the past and move forwards! Yes!
L2SET chapter 7 . 6/14/2004
twists and turns, all the things that make me love this story...i got shivers reading this chapter...i like it! i cannot wait for more!
harrypotterfreak4life chapter 7 . 6/14/2004
im too lazy to sign in just now, plus my computer is being a complete and utter dolt, but i found your story this morning and copy and pasted it into a document so that i could read it without interference from my computer signing on and off every 3 minutes *kicks the damned machine*. dont worry i deleted it off my computer when i was done. but just my luck, (not exactly true because i usually have quite shitty luck) but i came online and there was yet another chapter up. thank you for making my day!:-)

~KJ