Reviews for The Best Laid Plans
Plasmolysed Cell Membrane chapter 5 . 12/26/2004
lovely story! Keep up the good work.
shie1dmaidenofrohan chapter 4 . 12/22/2004
oops... this is the author again. I meant for the last comment to say to blame the website. I keep forgetting that it deletes anything that looks like a link.
shie1dmaidenofrohan chapter 5 . 12/22/2004
This is a note for "A friendly critic." Since you don't have an email address listed, I sincerely hope you get this.

I did not delete your last review. For some reason, which is unknown to me, it ended up on the last page of reviews from the time it got posted. (If you look on page 4, it's at the bottom of the page.) I did think you had several good points, and after I recieved your review, I did edit that particular comment about making Faramir wish he had died at Osgiliath. I will probably go back and work on Lothiriel's characterization at some point later on-I'm hoping to do an Eomer/Lothiriel story at some point, and I'm still trying to work her out since I don't really have anything to go by for her. I understand what you're saying about Eomer being more comfortable and willing to be vulnerable around her, but the way the story is working out in my head so far, they wouldn't have known each other very long at this point in the timeline and I think that's something that would take some time to develop. But again, this is something I'm still trying to work out. And while I realize that Tolkien didn't use nicknames like "Thiri," I figured it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for nicknames such as those to be used within her family. As for Eomer's characterization, hopefully his reasonings for how protective he's feeling towards Eowyn at that point are made a little more clear in some of the other stories I've written here that he's involved in. :)

I really do appreciate your honesty, and that you took the time to write out such a well-thought-out review. You really gave me a lot to think about. And I apologize if I offended you- it was completely unintentional on my part. Blame :)
A friendly critic chapter 5 . 12/22/2004
If you deleted my previous review for this story, then I'm very hurt. It wasn't meant to be a flame. I was just being honest, and I wouldn't have been if I didn't think you were a very good writer and that this story was very redeemable. I just couldn't stand the way you characterized Eomer in this fic, and ditto for your Lothiriel characterization. But rest assured, I can't stand Lothiriel's characterizations in the majority of fics I read with her in it. Again, I never meant to be mean!
vortirla chapter 5 . 12/22/2004
i've always thought situations where Eomer is super protective of Eowyn and might hurt Faramir either incredibly exciting or incredibly hilarious. this story was both...well done! :)
Jojo chapter 5 . 12/19/2004
this story is great! i love the humor with eomer anf faramir. this is truly a good story!
Sache8 chapter 5 . 10/11/2004
(hugs protective Eomer) Poor guy. He just didn't want to say goodbye. It's not THAT difficult to figure out! ;-)

My favorite part of the whole story was the revelation that Merry and Pippin had once endured the same humiliation. It made me smile. LOL
szhismine chapter 5 . 8/14/2004
great ending! i loved it. :)

good job!
kazbels chapter 5 . 7/10/2004
Excellent! A true delight! Brava!
Catherine Maria chapter 5 . 7/10/2004
Very cute revenge! And very appropriate for the hobbits!

Great story - lots of fun to read and very true to the characters. Eomer's guilt over not having been there for his sister when she needed him is understandable and his displacement of his anger towards Faramir makes perfect sense.

I liked how Eomer & Faramir worked together to get out of the tower, but also that it didn't totally resolve their issues.

Wonderful job! Hope to see more from you soon!
Catmint chapter 2 . 7/9/2004
Just rediscovered this (hence lack of reviews).

Love it! Merry and Pippin are fantastic! You've got everyone perfectly in character!
Alyndra chapter 4 . 7/6/2004
Another nice chapter...and we finally get to 'the talk'

I'm waiting for an epilogue now!
wiseoldman chapter 4 . 7/1/2004
this is an amazing story. one of the best i've ever read. definately do an epilouge!
szhismine chapter 4 . 7/1/2004
great chapter!

i'm glad they're finally getting along. ;)

i love this fic, please continue soon! :)
Rosie26 chapter 4 . 6/30/2004
Love it! The humour is wonderful, but there's still that little bit of essential Faramir angst in there. Very enjoyable read.
83 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »