Reviews for The Best Laid Plans
Jen chapter 4 . 6/29/2004
Great chapter! Although all the previous ones were wonderful too:) I could really see Faramir and Eomer talk and come to an understanding with one another just the way it was described. Heh, heh, heh, Pippin and Merry should have seen it coming. I feel almost sorry for them.
Raksha The Demon chapter 4 . 6/29/2004
The only problem with this chapter is that it's the LAST ONE! And you saved the best for last! Loved Eomer and Faramir's dialogue about bows.
kazbels chapter 4 . 6/29/2004
This was wonderful. I do hope you write an epilogue if only to torment Merry and Pippin!
Lothloriel chapter 4 . 6/29/2004

Incidentally, I loved it. ;)

Lirenel chapter 4 . 6/29/2004
I am so up for an epilogue! THis chapter was great.
kazbels chapter 3 . 6/28/2004
Great story. I can't wait for the next chapter.
Alyndra chapter 3 . 6/17/2004
V good. I like your characterisation of Faramir and Eomer. Its one of the few stories where you have captured Faramir's gentleness without making him seem too soppy and romantic. And the same with Eomer's harsh attitude but without making him completely insensitive.

I also like that you've managed to keep the fun in with Merry and Pippin, we need a bit of humour in the angst-ridden fanfic world that seems to surround most of LOTR stories I've read.

Are we going to see any of our leading lady? Not too much lovey dovey stuff mind, I tend to get a tad jealous. Jealous of a fictional character? I need help. Ah well, who wouldn't want a bit of Faramir to themselves?

I sure as hell wouldn't mind being locked in a tower with that damned fine man of Gondor...m

*snaps out of daydream and wipes dribble from chin*

Ok, getting carried away now - I want some more Faramir goodness soon! And I mean SOON!
12334567 chapter 3 . 6/16/2004
aw, sum brother in lawly bonding. i luv the idea that pippin and merry became friends because sum ppl locked them in a room. lol
Carrie S chapter 3 . 6/15/2004
Ah, an update! This made my day. :D

Tricksy Faramir and Eomer, managing to escape the hobbit trap, and without talking, too! Well, *really* know what I mean. :) Although all the punishments they were making up were really entertaining...I especially liked the shaving off of the hair on their feet. LOL! Then they would have to get shoes.

"Would they really do those things to us..."

You bet they would. ha, ha.

And I loved, too, the going into Eomer's head and fleshing him out-and I do see where he's coming from. I think if I were in his situation, I wouldn't feel too overly friendly and nice towards Faramir either if he had been the one responsible for Eowyn's happiness, even if he really had nothing to be blamed for.

I was looking forward to the "talk" this chapter, but I guess I'll have to wait one chapter more, won't I? I loved Ranger Faramir at the end. Always on guard, he is! Too bad he didn't spear Eomer with his arrow! *snickers*

Beautiful, as always! Gosh, I just love this story-I certainly hope you plan to write more when this is finished! (An FE romance, perhaps? lol)

Update soon(er) please!

Carrie S
Lirenel chapter 3 . 6/14/2004
great chapter! I'm glad they're going to talk. Update soon!
szhismine chapter 3 . 6/13/2004

this is a great fic! i love it!

Eomer is mean. he shouldn't be that way to Faramir. they had better work things out.

Raksha The Demon chapter 3 . 6/12/2004
Yay! Another chapter. The only problem is that it ends and I want more. Hurry and update.

Eomer should have had more scenes in the movie. Ditto Faramir. Maybe PJ should make LOTR II -Faramir & Eomer's Excellent Adventure! Co-starring Pippin and Merry.
TheDogStar chapter 3 . 6/12/2004
This is the first time i'm reviewing this story, basically because i'm just plain lazy, but i think this one really awoke me from my letargy :P

The characterization is very good. I've always pictured Faramir and Éomer as not getting along at first, Faramir with his gentlebearing and thoughtful nature and Éomer being more frontal and rushing headlong. I think this would make them clash, Éomer not seeing Faramir as "good enough" for Éowin. So this story runs along with my conception of their relation and you've just done it so well! And i love how you've come up with the reason for Éomer "disliking" Faramir. I was wondering how you would do that, since you've been mentioning it from chapter 1 and I was dying to find out :)

And this one:

"Pippin's face reddened even more. "Fighting with one of my cousins," he reluctantly admitted. "We never got along before that."

"So what happened?" Faramir asked.

The hobbit looked up at him and grinned. "He's been my best friend ever since." "

I just loved it. Can't say why, but i really loved this one. And lots more, but I would be here the entire evening...

I'm looking forward (anxious being more close to the truth ;) ) for the so-much-expected talk between them , so please, please update soon. Actually, now would be good :P Now, now, now, update, please *puppy eyes complete with pout* please!
Rosie26 chapter 3 . 6/12/2004
This is heart-warming, and funny too...100 ways to kill a hobbit - Eowyn's cooking. It's also believable. Please try not to take so long with the next chapter. ;)
Girl X chapter 2 . 5/29/2004
Oh my god, that was hilarious! Merry and Pippin are so evil. I can see the two of them coming up with a plan like that, a bit stupid but it gets the job done.

Update soon! This is such a good fic.
83 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »