Reviews for The Best Laid Plans
klaw chapter 1 . 4/28/2004
This is a really great start, everyone is so much in character, plus there are all the other suttle relationships between characters that you have as well. I cant wait for more.
Anduril1043 chapter 1 . 4/28/2004
This is cool. At first I didnt know how you were goin to go about his with the hobbits an all, but now with Eomer eaves dropping *giggles madly* ohh this is gonna be fun. Please keep this up I can't wait for an update.
Eokat chapter 1 . 4/28/2004
Yes, I like this and hope you are taking it further. You have written all the characters well. I enjoyed reading this.
Catmint chapter 1 . 4/28/2004
OMG, this is absolutely brilliant! You've got them all wonderfully in-character, and everything about this so far is pointing to a fantastic story! Update SOON!
Mercury Gray chapter 1 . 4/28/2004
That should be interesting...a very good idea, and i hope you continue soon...and i've not the slightest idea as to why the review count is so low...
Kit Candy chapter 1 . 4/28/2004
Great story! It's certainly humorous and I love your Eomer-Lothiriel subplot, but still, I don't think Eomer would be that mean to Faramir. A bit hostile, yes, but the "you're going to wish you died at Osgiliath" was a bit creepy.
Other than that comment, however, it is quite enjoyable.
Eile of Rossdhu chapter 1 . 4/28/2004
Great characterizations!
I read this first chapter at A’mael Taren and have been sad at the lack of updates there. I'm so glad you've posted the story here! I'm looking forward to reading more!
A friendly critic chapter 5 . 11/27/2004
Hm, I have to say that I enjoyed this. I think you really captured Merry and Pippin's personalities - playful, loyal, earnest, well-meaning, mischievious, etc. - in this fic, and I thought their scheme to get Eomer and Faramir talking again was very amusing.

However, I do have a couple of complaints. First, I wanted to kick Eomer until he curled up in the fetal position for being such an asshole to Faramir. His reasoning for it was valid, but you more or less had to TELL what it was. Action-wise, he just looked like an asshole all the way. Considering Eowyn's position in the court of Rohan, I highly doubt that there was never any other man save Wormtongue who wanted her. Surely, at some point, there must have been someone who wanted to marry her and made his intentions known even if they didn't get anywhere.

This shouldn't be SUCH a foreign concept to Eomer.

Overprotective big brothers aren't sweet, and I highly agree with the reviewer who said that "You will wish you had died at Osgiliath" is not only creepy but WAY overboard.

For my second point, was it really and truly vital to the plot that you have Lothiriel be a "fiery-tempered princess"? No, it wasn't. That cliche is getting old. I don't mean to pick on you , but I do like to see a little originality now and then. *I* think that it would have been far better to have Lothiriel be someone whom Eomer felt comfortable showing his vulnerable side, because this would have negated the whole asshole thing. BTW, nowhere in all of Tolkien's writings did anyone ever use nicknames like "Thiri."

Another thing you did very well was Faramir - his tenderness, lack of confidence in some situations, and his resolve when things really do need it. I highly urge you to keep writing. I've read some of your other stories, and they are very good. Best wishes!
83 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6