Reviews for Historical Accuracy
mabidiso chapter 3 . 7/3/2012
Loved the inner monologue about historians lining up their chosen facts into a straight linear connection, ignoring or burying those points that do not fit.
Galimaufry chapter 3 . 8/20/2009
That was amazing, I loved your portrayl of Itachi, how dissconnected he was from reality...absolutely lovely.
SkywardShadow chapter 3 . 7/23/2009
Oh my biscuits. This was amazing. The story pulls you in and doesn't let go. XD

Spectacular, spectacular work.
aditou chapter 3 . 2/16/2006
What a calm but accurate portrayal of Itachi. I liked that you didn't try to explain the why behind his actions. You just showed him, like a picture.

I liked the last line and the way you set this fic up as well. Plus, the subtle relationship between Itachi and Kisame was interesting.

"We like winning too much." Probably one of the best-and funniest-lines. Another one for my faves.
wellduh chapter 3 . 11/16/2005
Wow. Great Itachi.
Tank chapter 3 . 8/24/2005
VERY cool fic. Hope to see more from you.
Tank chapter 2 . 8/24/2005
Cool chapter, this.
Fantastical Queen Ebony Black chapter 3 . 7/25/2005
wonderfully written. enchanting, really, and very itachi. i loved it. *adds to C2*
firedraygon chapter 3 . 6/28/2005
Amazing fic. I don't run across many good Itachi fics these days, so this is really, really nice. I love the Itachi and Kisame interaction, because they understand each other so well. Wonderful work. Please write more soon!

~firedraygon97
UE chapter 3 . 5/13/2005
aww i would have preferred if it ended with just "i bet he's still forgetting to check his kunai" but this was still good. i forgot to mention that you really give kisame a lot of depth too. little idiosyncrasies such as his shougi hobby and ability to mend things. i really like that. thematically, i felt this gorgeous passage summed it up:

"This existence is transcendental. Walking over the boards of a bridge is an exercise in detachment. The wood isn’t really there; the hollow thunks of my boots on the planks is just noise, the death of my parents just so much organic meat. Kisame isn't muttering in monotone to make up for the silence that I bring. The hour is never afternoon, and I'm not listening to teenagers whose eyes go red when the sun catches the angle just right."

i can't even explain *why( i just felt that this was the whole point of itachi, even though technically, we'll never really grasp the true "reasons" for why he does what he does. he is like the antithesis of all rhyme and reason, but just by categorizing him as so, i will still have lost some of his details, some fabric of his being. i don't know. all i know is that i loveloveLOVE this fic and your writing!
UE chapter 2 . 5/13/2005
you write itachi so differently from what i'm used to but i love it. he's got a little edge to him here. i wouldn't call it caustic necessary, but you've definitely given him a personality that extends beyond "neutral" or "psycho" which is how most ppl characterize him. i love this. i think this fic is flawless so far. many times i've noticed the usage of some really wild similes, and sometimes the effect distracts me, but here...all the imagery you use blends in with the mood, the speaker, and the situation effortlessly. the read is so smooth, i adore every sentence. OMG. chapter3 is just gonna be awesome, i know it!
UE chapter 1 . 5/13/2005
your words hypnotize me, i swear. and i can tell you've got some sort of crush on kabuto since he's just EVERYWHERE but i find him too fascinating myself so i love this. you write the guy like nobody's business. ok ok onto the next chappie~
Guest chapter 3 . 4/8/2005
Having noted your love of perfectionism in your livejournal, I'd like to point out to you your accidental feminization of Naruto by usage of the word 'blonde' instead of 'blond.'

I still love your work, though.
kayoko-chan chapter 3 . 1/23/2005
hm..you must like Kabuto a lot, he keeps appearing in your fics.

You have a very unique way of telling a story. This one was very unemotional, like Itachi could care less about the world, which is true to the character you've molded him as. I enjoyed the part talking about Sasuke when he was little and the ending of the story was great.

thank you for writing.
Taes chapter 3 . 7/20/2004
Natuarlly. _ I haven't mentioned your leads yet. They tie things together. I like it.

Very reflective, this end. Interesting(why can't I think of something besides "interesting" or "funny" to say about your stories? Stupid English).

Oh, and the title makes sense now. Oh.

"That shich dooes not fit is a fluke." That was profound. I like it.

"Even if you leave a detailed memoir...readers will like to create their own rationales to puppet you." Ver, very true. Just think of Hitler's "Mein Komp(sp?)." We STILL don't understand him! Most people will say he's just evil, and leave it at that, even compasionate people don't know what he is, or why he did things. Because they aren't him. And whose to say we know why we do things?

People like to speculate about Itachi. Sometimes, I think it's a waste of my time. He really is kind of boring . . . but then, once in a while you find something cool like this story.

We all try to be understanding of why people do things, and try to look through other people's eyes, but in the end we are just ourselves. I am only me. There's really nothing more to it.

-_-; You made me reflective (not that that's hard to do). Now I have to go do something.

Before I go, one slight correction on a poetic comparison. Hope you don't take this the wrong way . . .

Er, the sharingan pupil/extra markings aren't really pinwheels. That shape has a name, but I forgot what it is (sorry). In chinese culture, it's the infamous yin-yang symbol for balance, but in the Japanese culture it's propertis vary depending on what it's made out of.

Have you ever seen Inuyasha? He's got those shapes on his necklas, made out of white stones. They look a bit like teeth, but they're not. The old woman said they were to subdue him, and probably a big part of the spell. Also characters in Onmyouji (The Yin Yang Master? Stupid title . . .), and a girl in Fatal Frame II (video game) both have a necklas in that shape, both of which have something to do with protection.

So what do they mean? I don't know what their meaning is in threes or in a circle, and definately not in eyes, but it's basically a charm.

Hm. Sorry for the rant. Again. I write steadily longer reviews as I go . . . Thanks for sharing!