Reviews for A Shroud of Fog
AughraOfEarth chapter 1 . 12/12/2013
Wandering through, so much later...very much enjoyed, very atmospheric, could easily see this as a Comicsverse short story.
Joelle Hart chapter 1 . 6/13/2009
It's so great to find a comics-verse fic! And you really did the comics-verse justice. As has been said, you really capture the character of Hellboy and the tone of Mignonla's work. In addition, it is just a well-written story. The gradual revelation of the ghost was done at just the right pace. You have some evocative and vivid descriptions too - this is my favorite:

"He turned, craning his neck as he tilted back his head to peer at the floorboards above, not needing or caring to blink as the indoor rain began falling swifter, a drop piercing his bleak and ghastly pupil." (such an awesome image!)
Plum Pudding chapter 1 . 9/8/2008
This is wonderful. The world seriously needs more fanfictions like this.
maggiemert chapter 1 . 5/6/2004
Very nice! It is a fine thing to find stories for the comic universe. The movie ones are a bit too squishy for me. But hey, way to rock it hard core. Hellboy always seems a little awkward in prose form (too much character, I suppose) but your story is really nice. And your use of folklore was a lovely touch and quite true to the nature of the beast. I would dearly love to read more from you.
Jenna1980 chapter 1 . 5/4/2004
This story was fantastic. I just read it the last few minutes of work and got so pulled in by it that I jumped when one of my coworkers started talking to me.
You have a wondrous talent, thank you for such a great story.
atippleofyourtears chapter 1 . 5/4/2004
Marvelous, marvelous. {claps} You have it down, man. It was like reading one of Mignola's shorts in story-form. Fantastic.
Emerald Knight1 chapter 1 . 5/2/2004
Dude, that was so cool. It has such a Hellboy feel to it. I can so totally see this as a comic. You've got Mignola's style down. I especially liked the conversation Hellboy had with the ghost. I hope you write more stories. You're really good.