Reviews for The House of the Golden Flower
Salome Maranya chapter 12 . 3/1
I was already going to cheers and all because of the giggly ending, and then...last chapter.
But eventually they do all move to Valinor and live a happy life, yes?
mithrabear chapter 12 . 5/3/2013
THIS STORY WAS BEAUTIFUL AND I LOVED IT SO MUCH. THANK YOU ! IT WAS SUCH A PLEASURE :)
Yuki Suou chapter 12 . 4/26/2013
You never cease to amaze me with your stories!
Brilliant!
Yuki Suou chapter 7 . 4/25/2013
Brother? *frowns*i guessed father.
Glory Bee chapter 12 . 6/20/2012
A wonderful story though I found the ending very sad and did not expect it to be. :(
quaff chapter 10 . 12/26/2011
You're such a good writer. It's a delight and pleasure to read and reread your stories. Thank you for writing them.
Nieriel Raina chapter 12 . 10/30/2007
It works for me. Nice story.
Nieriel Raina chapter 11 . 10/30/2007
Elven custom is very different from modern custom, especially among the Noldor. It is doubtful the Sindar (yes, that is the correct term, because Thranduil is NOT Silvan and I'd be happy to PM you with a full explanation if you'd like, though I suggest reading the Silmarillion. The Sindar are the Teleri who stayed behind while the Silvan are a mix of Avarin and Nandorin). Anyway, in Laws and Customs of the Eldar, Tolkien told us that the Noldor at least exchanged betrothal rings, and they were silver and placed on the index finger of the left hand. They were exchanged for gold rings when they wed a year later. But it is very possible that Sindar tradition would be very different, as customs change like languages. So, using engagement and fiance (which is a french term) is very awkward in this time period.

Overall, I'm still reading and that says a lot for me. I can tell you are a young author, so I've overlooked a lot. You have great potential. And I'll keep reading.
Nieriel Raina chapter 1 . 10/26/2007
A Glorfindel story! That isn't Slash! YAY! I really enjoyed this chapter, though Laurind has a Sueish feel. But i'm shaking that off and moving on.

I'm assumign that you think elves can communicate mentally with members of their family? Do you have some reference in canon that shows this? I don't mind either way, just curious.

On to the next chapter!

NiRi
El Capitan K-rage chapter 12 . 10/26/2007
YES! You have no idea how surprised I was to see this! Nice ending, sad but sweet-it fit. What's your plans for the future story-wise?
trekqueen chapter 12 . 10/26/2007
had an OMGWTF moment when I checked my mail. :O

So depressing but you're right, it is the proper way to end the story and wrap it up. *sigh* I could imagine if Laurind stuck around she wouldn't let Elrond and Glory hear the end of it for letting Leggy head off on the Fellowship. I'm sure she'll let them have it once he shows up with Elrond after the third age. :O

thank you for this! *hugs*
Leitheindel chapter 11 . 4/18/2006
ooh, this is great! but, I just wanna ask (so I know) if this fic is on hold? (that'd be to bad... I love it!)

Lei
Leitheindel chapter 1 . 4/18/2006
... wow... you're god!

I don't really know very much about LotR (all the facts and stuff) and I haven't read the Silmarillion (though I keep telling myself I'm going to... :P), but I really love this fic... I think that it'll kind of force me to read the book! D

I'll go read the next chapter!

Lei
E.Tphonehome chapter 11 . 3/5/2006
WOW, thats all i can say WOW!

By the way, that thing about her pasing on her tast in partners, dose that mean that glorfy likes guys? that could have some realy interesting outcomes. I mean realy interesting. Anyway i hope you update this one soon, ime reading one of your other stories as well i think i rewcognised the pen name _
Nikki1 chapter 11 . 1/4/2006
you know whats frustrating? reading an *awesome* fic for like 2 hours straight...getting totally caught up in the situations and falling madly in love with the characters...witnessing a proposal! from thranduil of all people!...and then realizing the author hasnt updated in like a year...grag! update! please! please! please!