Reviews for It's Harder Than It Looks
Haleakala chapter 5 . 5/27/2006
Very sad, I... might have, possibly, maybe... shed a few tears... or bawled my eyes out... I've always had a thing for Obi. He must be my favorite character in the whole series, after having read the Jedi Apprentice books. Oh, that would have been horrible, if it would have been Obi rather then Qui-Gon! Of course, I miss Qui-Gon, too,but without Obi there'd be no Ani-and-Obi, which has got to be my favorite relationship in the movie, and... Obi is just too involved in the movie for Qui-Gon to take that place rather than him. He has to be the one to feel the heartbreak when Ani goes to the dark side, the one with whom we wympathize when it happens. Excuse me, I don't fully live in this little world, too Star Wars involved... I really loved it, though. Call me crazy, but stories that have the ability to make me cry are my favorite. Yours did that quite well.
Haleakala chapter 3 . 5/27/2006
ooh! Qui-Gon's got empty nest syndrome! That was a perfect piece of embarrassing fluff! I loved the part about Obi Wan forgetting his underwear! I love these extra 'what happened between movies' stories! It humanizes the characters. The movies are all about impending world destruction, and insurmountable threats to the galaxy, etc, etc(not that I don't love them, of course). Obi-Wan's one really humanizing line is "So uncivilized!" in the movies. It's great to see something so normal as Qui-Gon feeling emtpy nest syndrome, rather than reiterating the Code dogma ('it is selfish to hold one's learner back when he/she is ready to fly, accept it with emotionless stoicism...) In short, great stories!
the Wolf with the Red Roses chapter 1 . 9/2/2005
I liked it, it was cute and funny. Especially the end, which was actually really touching. In short, I liked it, and I hope you write more.

-the Wolf with the Red Roses
nuwie chapter 5 . 8/24/2005
Universe ! H2G2 ! I know that one ! For once... lol

Er... anyway. '_' Poor Qui-Gon... in the last two chapters in fact. First because Obi-Wan really overreacted a bit... But that was fun ! _ And then 'cause indeed, no master should have to light his padawan's pyre. Btw, did you take that from Theoden in TT ? When he says no father should have to bury his child ? But in a way, it makes up for what I think of him in this Episode... Honestly, could't he show a bit more feelings for his Padawan rather than talking about that Ani brat ? lol
nuwie chapter 2 . 8/23/2005
Hi ! So here I am at last... _ Very funny. And very cute at the same time. I really like it ! I have a question though: is Obi-Wan supposed to be irresistible, or did you get your inspiration from Ewan on that point ? _~
Nelarun chapter 5 . 8/23/2005
this story was so touching, but I really wanted to see what Qui-gon would do to Obi-wan after the incident where he got kicked out. Well done.

Nelarun of Australia
Vee017 chapter 5 . 7/30/2005
This was definitely strong enough to stand alone as a one shot. It seems really out of place here given the previous chapters, just given the last chapter before it. It was incredibly moving and sad, a very nice AU ending for episode one.
Vee017 chapter 4 . 7/30/2005
Oh dear god. I was laughing my ass off while I was reading this my mom asked me what was so funny.

I loved it! The tears and the poor neglected Padawan;)
Rufwardo chapter 5 . 6/30/2005
Well done. It's all nicely written and often funny.

Chapter 5 made me cry. It's definately strong enough to be a stand alone.

Keep up the good work.
akanekai chapter 5 . 6/24/2005
The chapters leading up to this were good and humorous, but this last chapter was outstanding. Your twist is so unique! I even cried, and trust me when I say this, a story hardly EVER makes me cry. It was extremely powerful. Amazing job. Keep writing!

~Rachel :)

P.S. Chapter 5 would do better as a stand alone fic.
CrimsonKitty88 chapter 5 . 6/12/2005
loved it. You had some absolutely fantastic lines in there. The final chapter was heart breaking. great job. Is that the end? I would assume so...
teh Jai chapter 5 . 5/9/2005
The trivia answer - "Universe". That's from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

I really do like this story. You balance humour and lightheartedness with angst and drama very well. It's just right; we aren't depressed so much by the dramatic parts, and nor do we sustain bruised ribs from laughing too hard.

This story was just great - from start to finish. Please do write more. )

Although I wonder how you're going to continue now that Obi is dead (*...tear*). But I'm sure you have it figured out.
JC-Puzzler chapter 5 . 3/22/2005
As one who rarely cries from simply reading a story, this chapter truly touched me... I can almost see this actually happening... I could even feel Qui-Gon's pain... Sad, depressing, but also good. *tries hard not to cry*

On a lighter note... *watery smile* "In the beginning the _ was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." -I think I came across an e-mail that contained this quote once... *thinks hard about answer* *thinks she has the answer* Is it...'universe'? I know! 'World'? *changes mind back to original thought* *states confidently* The answer to the riddle is..."Universe", from... *thinks a bit* *peeks at author's bio page* "The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy"! *looks at author proudly, triumphant* *mumbles* Phew! Glad I figured that one out... If I hadn't, it might've continued to bug me... *realizes she mentioned exactly -where- she got the answer* Oops... *glances at author guiltily* *decides a change in subject would be good*

Anyways, good job on this chapter. As for previous chapters... Somehow, I just -can't- really see a 17-yr-old just pretending to cry like that... Much less an adult being so horribly clueless... *mutters about how clueless certain Jedi Masters can be, especially regarding certain Jedi Padawans* I -can,- however, see a 17-yr-old wanting desperately to get back at an adult for embarrassing said 17-yr-old by doing something similar to that, though... (As a college student, my own family has alternately tried giving advice, trying to convince me that I should contact them everyday, perhaps even more often than that, and practically shoving me out the door so I can 'be on my own'...) *thinks a bit more* As for the chapters prior to it, I -can- see a 13-yr-old having trouble sitting still and an incident like the one with the meteor shower happening... After all, who in their right mind is up at 2 in the morning for a meteor shower? *sound of crickets, as every known college student tries to deny ever being up at 2 AM*

JCPuzzler
Sith Queen chapter 5 . 3/10/2005
wow... wow.. that is the only word that i can come up with ..wow... very few stories can do that to a person wow.. you are a very gifted writer very good some of the PUBLISHED books i have read do not even get this type of reaction from me so...WOW...

keep up the good work always

Sith Queen
A. NuEvil chapter 5 . 3/5/2005
These little ficlets are GREAT!

Except, now that I've read chapter 5, my keyboard is all soggy. Waah! And no tissues is sight. Sob!