Reviews for A Different Place
Feldinaut chapter 17 . 8/7/2004
HOW? HOW DO YOU WRITE SO BLAZINGLY FAST? Good gravy, man! I can hardly keep up! ...But I'd like to know your secret. Is it just plain old enthusiasm or an overflow of ideas or what?

Roll's behavior in chapter 12 really surprised me... I know you're going for a different direction but, oh my! What a little floozy!

Chapter 13...The entire thing was enormously cute!

And for this newest arc... The way you write Bon, I'm sorry to say, is very annoying and hard to read. I know what kind of point you were trying to get across, but I think there are more effective ways to do it. Maybe you should try plain old simple sentences? But I have to say... The little bit of foreshadowing I caught in that part blew me away. Holy cripes, man! If that was what suggesting what I think it was, you're a genius.

Way to go on #32. I always did imagine him as that sort of guy. I mean... He makes GUNS.

Interesting take on the Bonne history, vague as it is at this point. Can't wait to see it fleshed out.

Sorta wondering where you're going with this Prince Gary stuff... Although, I have confidence that you wouldn't just throw in random fan characters without a reason.

Patiently awaiting the next installment (and it's easy to be patient knowing you'll probably update within the hour _ ).
Warp Ligia Obscura chapter 17 . 8/7/2004
This rocks! You rock man!
Keyblader Chad chapter 17 . 8/7/2004
man this is getting really good,
How could you chapter 3 . 8/6/2004
How could you kill off Data? You made me cry...

Poor Data...
moonymonster chapter 15 . 8/6/2004
I'm gonna write as I read.

For the first part? How come all the capitals went bye-bye? Is it part of how you think Bon thinks? Or did someone steal your computer and delete all the capitals? Either way, it's kinda annoying and slightly painful...

I love 'bombastically'...is that a real word? Meh, I'll look it up later and find out. Either way, it's a good one *grin*.

XD I want a Bottomless Bag (TM). Would be useful for packing for college.

*CRACKS UP* I love Number Thirty Two! "That's because it IS garbage, you moron!"

"His legs buckling, he set the bazooka on its end and took all the armor off his right arm, leaving it bare, then slipped his right hand into the bazooka's sleeve, which was quite large, as it was intended to fit the Gustaff's right arm."

Needs some help. Here:

"His legs buckling, he set the bazooka on the ground. He then took all the armor off his right arm and slid his hand into the bazooka's sleeve, though he knew it wouldn't fit him properly, seeing as it was built to fit the Gutstaff."

I changed it so I didn't use 'right' so much (if you noticed, I slimmed it down to just once) and added a period here and there. I'm not saying copy me; I'm saying that if you add a period or two it works wonders. (If it was my story I'd be picking at that sentence like crazy-it went from repeating words too much to being a run-on sentence! Argh...)

XDD "Don't be weird..." that whole section is great.

Really, this chapter is just as good as the last, though I really don't like how you did Bon's thinking. I know he probably thinks 'stupid' like that, but it's very irritating, and reminds me too much of the other crappy fic writers out there that I've managed to avoid by reading stories like yours. *sigh*

Moony Rating: 9.95
moonymonster chapter 14 . 8/5/2004
Wwaahh! Tron! No! She's not allowed to die until MegaMan announces his undying love! (~_)

but seriously...you kill Tron and I shall hunt you down and kill YOU.

Actually, I'd be there to pick up the pieces, since MegaMan would probably kill you first.

Anyway, typo alert:

"This...monster just threw Bon into the other room!" Tron explained, though the distraction in her voice was evident. "You're gonna pay for that, you pile of junk!

You missed a quotation mark at the end. No biggie, though...good job! And I damn well better get a review from you on Family Ties or your arse is MINE. Got it?

Moony Suspense Rating: 11!

Great job! Another eleven! And dammit, update soon or I really SHALL get out my Frying Pan of Doom and turn you into an egg!
moonymonster chapter 13 . 8/5/2004
Ha! Now you've gotten me to wantin' to write a fanfic about Legends-of course, yet ANOTHER fandom I've never played/watched...(If you can believe it, it wasn't until chapter six of Family Ties that I actually SAW the Mega Shows...quite a surprise to hear their real voices, believe you me.)

Anyway. Talking about YOUR story, NOT mine.

This is great! I love Tron's reaction to MegaMan, and the shaving thing was funny. (Thank god young girls like me don't have to deal with that...just the old ones ~_.)

Anyway, very good job, and *I'M* your daddy...mommy? Whatever...can't wait for the next chapter! (Sidenote: Nitpicking, but there's a typo in chapter one. I'd say where, but I'm too lazy...it's just 'abo' instead of something else. I don't remember what the something else was...sorry.)

And poor Number Two! He was just trying to make Teisel's coffee better...
moonymonster chapter 12 . 8/3/2004
Wow! Very interesting...Is Dantz an original character? Heh...doesn't really matter, does it?

Anyway, I love Roll's attitude. I really like how you interpret (meh, it's near midnight, and I'm too lazy to spellcheck) everyone's character. Good job! More soon...please...Though I won't be reviewing for a while. Damn wisdom teeth...
Feldinaut chapter 10 . 8/2/2004
I was wondering about quite a few things through this chapter, and you managed to address them all before the end. Way to be thorough!

I have to thank you for not leaving out The Misadventures of Tron Bonne, as I know a lot of Legends authors do. Can't wait to see how this plays out.
Feldinaut chapter 1 . 7/31/2004
I hope you can pardon me for being, perhaps, the first reviewer who is actually familiar with the Legends series. By the time this popped up under my radar, you were popping out new chapters like MAD.

Quick review going on memory of the first 9 chapters ( _ ): The first chapter is terrific. The next parts with the original family could have used a bit more depth, I think, but you did a good job giving MegaMan a reason to run away. The parts with the Bonnes are fantastic. I like how Tron isn't completely goofy over MegaMan, since they never did have that experience with Paprika, did they? ;D Also, the way you write Glyde had me laughing out loud, as a big fan of the character. Very nice.

Great concept, nice excecution... This is a fan's dream come true. Legends is so sadly dry when it comes to fanworks. I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to see you updating this story LIKE A MANIAC. Can't wait to read more!
Keyblader Chad chapter 8 . 7/26/2004
this story is getting really good even more. i've played legends 2
moonymonster chapter 7 . 7/25/2004
Fun stuff! No typos (whoot!) and great writing! I am ssoo happy to see a good Legends fic...but have I already mentioned that?

Anyway, I liked the scene when Teisel meets MegaMan ("like my favorite TV show?" XD) and Teisel's personality in general. Since I've got no idea what he's like, I can't rant about whether he's IC or not, but whatever he is he's cool. Even if he's not IC he's cool enough that I don't care-you've made him 3D, which is hard for most people to do! (Especially fanfic writers, since the characters we work with are generally fleshed out for us.)

Man, now I wanna draw MegaMan with the white lock...ohh...(And of COURSE I'll show it to you. I love to show off my mad awesome drawing skillz.)

Oh yeah, hedgehog boy-I think he knows who Glyde is. I mean, it's not like this fandom hasn't been flooded with EXE stories or anything-actually, it's been flooded with Legends fics, and no one knows what EXE is about at all! Geez...

Moony Rating: 11!

AWESOME! YOU'VE GOTTEN YOUR THIRD ELEVEN! This pretty much qualifies to put you on my favorites list, so there you go~! Keep it up so I don't get embarrassed later when I talk about how good this story is~!
Keyblader Chad chapter 7 . 7/23/2004
there's another name of a character from a differnet megaman universe, glyde is also a net navi from megaman battle network. did you know on megaman legends there's TV that when you look at it, it shows megaman climbing up a cliff, while hurt and warning protoman about an ambush attack from gutsman
moonymonster chapter 6 . 7/21/2004
XD This is great! Didn't know servbots could eat food, though...interesting! I like how MegaMan got so bored he ended up trying to teach the Servbots rock-paper-sissors-though if they can't figure out how to play THAT game I'd fear for Tron's sanity. After all, no one can stand living with twenty-nine (or whatever) idiots all the times! (Though if you count her brothers...)

Anyway, nice job, and can't wait to see the next chapter!
moonymonster chapter 5 . 7/18/2004
Heh. Well, for AR-I'd just suggest using 'AU' from now on, since that's the standard for alternate reality, since it really stands for alternate universe. Anyway...

Met up with some typos in this chapter and the last, and a few grammatical mistakes, but nothing major. I'll just point out one:

""If there're five floors, why's there six buttons?" "

The 'why's' should be 'why're,' but that's excused since it's dialogue, and in dialogue pretty much anything goes. Good job, though...but work on the typos! Make sure to run this though Spellcheck before you post it, mmkay?

That's it...tired...sleep...why do I read fics at one in the morning? _
84 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 Next »