Reviews for The Smell Before Rain
So ten years later and your story still gets people. I cried through most of it. I think you portrayed their messy relationship perfectly. I always thought that after the series she and Jess figured it out, but at the same time they knew how to hurt each other. I also think you portrayed Rory as weak which everyone seems to gloss over. She went back to Logan (or in this case Blake) time and again after he was way worse to her than Jess ever was. Jess was a mess because of his life, Logan (Blake) was just a rich bastard snob. But Rory also didn't know how to be alone. Jess on the other hand I don't think ever got over Rory and I think what she did to him (in the series and this fic) is way worse than anything Jess ever did.
continue it chapter 20 . 10/15/2014
This was a beautifully written story. It was also very heart breaking for people who became invested with the characters. Please write a happy ending. Please.
darkheadlights chapter 20 . 7/17/2013
I think this is the first Rory/Jess story I've read where they DON'T end up together. Made me sad, but it is kind of refreshing too. I really enjoy your writing. Wish you would come back. :(
dramaqueen452 chapter 20 . 2/13/2012
This was fucking awesome, yet depressing at the same time. Nicely done though
krystalMage chapter 20 . 9/16/2011
Dear gods, you burned me inside out.

I love you. I hate you.

I will never forget this story.
882md1 chapter 20 . 7/11/2010
wow. Tragic.

And emotional mind-effing rollercoaster.

Crazy.

But it could really only end this way.

Thanks for writing!
TeBlacks chapter 20 . 10/19/2009
Huh, I read this today and I have to say this was one of the few JR fics I didn't want to end "happily ever after" because that would somehow have ruined the whole story.

I must say it was very nicely written and it made me hope somehow all the way, but not really.

Keep on writing!
hhecsi chapter 20 . 7/18/2009
oh my god...

that was amazing! im crying right now, im not kidding! fantastic job!
Ro2212 chapter 20 . 6/3/2009
Wow. That nearly had me in tears most of the way through! You're an amazing writer! I personally would've liked Rory and Jess to get together, but I still think it was an amazing story. Very emotional and thought provoking. A job excellently done :)
MrsBigTuna chapter 20 . 3/2/2009
Okay... I read this story as well in one sitting. And my God, it was beautiful. I like to think of myself as a romantic and wish for all happy endings, but this was truly breathtaking.

Of course I wanted Rory and Jess to end up together, but you created two tragic people in a disparaging situation. When I read the first chapter, I was pretty sure it wouldn't end with them together. The odds were against them and you managed to keep them in character. Rory, with her undying need to please everyone and Jess with his ability to be blunt and unforgiving. And yet, I couldn't hate Rory or Jess, because they were believable.

I've always felt that Jess was the only one to provoke anything real and tangiable in Rory and you proved that with this story. They can't seem to function properly and the decisions they make as characters are their flaws. I'm not sure if this is making any sense, but regardless, this was masterfully done. I commend you for writing something so orginial and heartbreaking. It inspires me to write something for this couple, since I've only read the fanfiction, never wrote for this couple.

They still remain the only canon I ship for this show and I'm really glad I read this. Again, wonderful job. Bravo!
themadones chapter 1 . 2/8/2009
I do love how this story and you rarely got me to cry, but I read this whole thing and not only do they not end up together but she stays and has babies with that douchebag Blake this is the first time i've been disappointed with a fic
a very disappointed nicole chapter 20 . 2/2/2009
omg omg i am so freaking pissed off at you for wasting my time! ur stupid story which to your credit was beautifully written sucked! simply bcuz all it did was go in a continuous circle! The same thing happened over and over nad over agian and nothing ever changed not even in the end! do u know how lame that makes your story! im surprised i made it through the whole thing! ye good writer but damn (scuz my french) u need help with plots! circles are not cool!
Malin chapter 20 . 11/1/2008
Ok. now I remembered why I hated this story. It didn't have a happy ending. fab writing though. hated the plot loved the writing.
Sue chapter 20 . 9/26/2008
OMG

I just read the whole story in one sitting.

What utter perfection. A masterpiece of angst.

I am too shocked to review properly. Thank you for sharing.
Fabulouskiaa chapter 20 . 7/21/2008
WHOA WHOA AAND WHOA WHAT KIND OF ENDING IS THAT have you ever seen enchanted well in that there is a little girl and her daddy gives her a book full of people who are dead and did some great effect on the world or whatever and he starts to tell her about madame currie and what she did and then died of radation posioning! the girl shocked and suprised ask she died? becuase she had asked for a fairy tale book. ok well right now i am that little girl and i am asking my self why are they not together becuase really this is unbelievable i read 20 chapters of this depressing story to be even more depressed by the ending that was real fun i am so not happy there was no happyness ok and yes i know this whole review might seem childish to you but hey i am childish and i like it because i am 14 but i am telling that maybe you should think about changing your ending to something happier becuase well this was a great story but to go through a great story and then end up depressed not funn or at least in the summerary you should put depressing and dark no happy ending here

oh and just so you know i am not chewing you out or yelling at you i am simply expressing my opionon and i wasn't writting this reveiw so i could get a snapy comeback i am just venting on the ssadness that i had to endure and plus i like writting review so if any you have improved my vocab because after reading you story i feel smart and have been using big words my teacher will be so proud so thank you

nice job even though i was depressed now that i think about it this review has made me tremondusly happy so YAY