Reviews for Checkmate
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
Awwwww! Nice stuff!
OrangeR0se chapter 1 . 7/8/2008
This is great! You don't see romance as much as teacher-student relationship in a mentoring way, which is sweet.
Shiro Ryuu chapter 1 . 9/23/2006
This is a wonderful piece, a great follow-up. Once again I’m impressed by what a deep, thoughtful examination this is of the workings of fear, no matter what one might be afraid of. Also really enjoyed your characterization of McGonagall, and how their conversation flowed and fitted together so nicely.
Ryuusei Houkou The Wanderer chapter 1 . 8/17/2004
*claps* Another wonderful story! _ Keep it up!
CEA chapter 1 . 8/16/2004
Oh, wow. MM is so perfectly in character that it makes me so happy inside :) This is a perfect treat. Neville's lovely, and as I said... Minerva's just her perfect gorgeous self, trying so hard to be everything... Huge MM fan, as you can probably tell, and you've got some of her top workers reviewing your story :-P Like LinZE.

Love,

~*CEA
kelpylion chapter 1 . 8/3/2004
Incredibly original and involving short story. Love to see these two more minor characters portrayed in more detail, for once. Very, very cool.
mugglemin chapter 1 . 7/1/2004
This is GREAT! You've really kept McGonagall in charachter here - stern but fair, and really quite soft underneath the hard exterior. And of course, it all makes sense! That Neville would seek help from her, as his head of house. Loved it!
AlmightyChrissy chapter 1 . 5/21/2004
E, two of my favorite characters :) I really liked the dynamic here, how you were able to show this connection between the two of them without having to exaggerate the characters (especially regaring Neville's panic).
DebbieB chapter 1 . 5/4/2004
Holy shmoly! This is a phenomenal story. I didn't know what to expect, but I'm so happy I read it. You brought amazing, beautiful insight into both characters, with a clarity and brevity of words that is right on the edge of poetic. Beautiful, beautiful story.
magical me chapter 1 . 5/2/2004
This is a lovely piece. I'm so thrilled to read good Neville and McGonagall fiction. Both characters are portrayed with sensitivity and depth. Great job.
duj chapter 1 . 5/2/2004
Interesting character piece.
LinZE chapter 1 . 5/2/2004
this is totally incredable!
you really have to write more - either another chapter or more along the same vein.
I love your portrail of both MM and Neville