Reviews for Hidden No More
Joan Shelton chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
An interesting plot twist, but the author needs to connect it a bit with the Rick and Victor we know from the movie. Rick wasn't shown as a stone killer, and Victor wasn't shown as shady. Otherwise, fun to read
Brendan Rizzo chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
Holy sh*t. Did what I think happened just happen? This is quite a bit darker than the movie, that's for sure. You could fix the formatting on this to make it more readable, though.
Markos chapter 1 . 7/27/2006
Story makes no sense. Descriptions are strange and not always fit. Rick does not act like that. Lazlo does not talk like that. Is not same story as movie Casablanca. Rick and Lazlo do not hate. What has Lazlo done bad Rick hates him? Nothing but marry Ilse before she met Rick. Is not making any sense.
fate's eyes chapter 1 . 4/6/2006
that was cool, really descriptive. i liked it.
alligater20 fictionpress chapter 1 . 7/15/2005
I do not like the whole idea of Rick shooting Laszlo at all over Ilsa. I think adding drama like that to the story kills the movie entirely. However, I am not in any way saying that your writing itself is bad. I just didn't like the plot. On the other hand, your writing is extraordinary! Your descriptions give so much life to this story I could actually see it in my mind. " it blinked on and off for the ghosts in the shadows." Beautiful. Oh one other thing - the idea of calling Rick formerly "pompous" seemed a bit out of character as Rick never seemed particularly pompous to me. Perhaps bemusedly cynical would be a better description. Overall, I didn't like the plot but I LOVED your writing. Good job )
vikings62292 chapter 1 . 4/26/2005
Just like I remember. Keep writing, and keep up the good work.
sweet775 chapter 1 . 2/1/2005
Hmm...Rick was IC for the most part. Victor, however, seemed to speak in a little too muuch of an American way. But what the hell, I loved it.
notsotragic chapter 1 . 1/31/2005
while your writing seems overall competent (no egregious spelling or grammatical erros from what i can tell), i was unable to warm up to the idea that rick would kill laszlo or that laszlo was villainous. the idea seemed to preposterous to me, that i found it unbelievable, and therefore, i could not enjoy your story.

i suppose you probably thought rick should have gotten the girl? well, i have my own theories about that, but suffice it to say, i really don't think rick would have killed victor laszlo, even over ilsa. why does rick need revenge? out of everyone, the person he should get revenge on is ilsa for keeping her marriage a secret, not laszlo for loving her and having the misfortune of being her husband when she also loves rick. in a way, rick does get revenge on ilsa when he sends her on the plane, rejecting her the way she rejected him. there doesn't seem to be a need for rick to murder anyone.

disclaimer: i'm not bashing you. i am not a rick/ilsa hater. i don't think your story is bad. i just don't agree with the idea that rick blaine would murder victor laszlo over ilsa. that's all.

have a nice day, and do keep writing.
Rain of Joy chapter 1 . 6/26/2004
whoa. This is really... strange. I guess I just don't expect Rick to act like this. It's well written and all, just... strange. Out of character. Very good, though. I think you should write another fic about casablanca. I'm sure that it would be good.