Reviews for Shibboleth
Bladderwrack chapter 1 . 5/9/2005
Much like you said, this is one weird-assed fic: spaced-out, shimmering prose, too many beautiful words and phrases to count slithering across my tongue. Use of the present tense keeps the mood of glorious, limpid torpor and the painful static tensions between the characters. Rare stylistic beauty, even if it is massively long for a one-shot.

:random: This reminds me a lot of some of the Team Bonet fanfiction for Utena, atmosphere-wise.
Grasshopper chapter 1 . 2/16/2005
*blinks* Wow. How the heck does one respond to something like this? The way you write Schuldich is amazing; insane, bored, and interfering with a hard-edged wit to him. And the way he manipulated things with Ran and Aya...damn. So amazing. The way Ran and Aya were awkward with each other, now that they'd finally reunited, was endearing even as it was angsty.

His relationship with Crawford was a bit darker than I usually prefer, but the way you worked it into everything else had it making absolutely perfect sense. I also really loved the depth and detail that was put into Ran and Aya's feelings, both present and past; the way they mirrored each other in a tragic sort of way.

And, just to lighten this whole review up a bit, I must say that the Ran x Aya pairing deserves a lot more love than it gets, so thankies very muchly for this treasure!
Me-Nuriko chapter 1 . 10/9/2004
Interesting story with a good characterisation of Schuldig. Well written, too. _
gundamobsessive01 chapter 1 . 6/8/2004
It took me along time but as with everything else i do (like Avi art) its slow and usually quite gratifying. im not so sure if it'll be that way with the avi art (yesh im still working on it), but this was.
Aki Kotasho chapter 1 . 5/25/2004
WOW 0_o That was a very... different story. Good, but different. I'm just wondering how you got the idea for the RanxAya pairing. Nice writing technique, but try to avoid the extremely small type. Otherwise, great fic!
KarotsaMused chapter 1 . 5/9/2004
Absolutely mesmerizing. I will always and forever adore the way you characterize Schuldig, and his consistency here is tremendous (all too often he'll change halfway through a fiction). I especially love the length of this - there are so many words, but each phrase is still original when compared with the last. You never run out of things to say. A highly fantastic fiction. If you'll excuse me, I must now pry my jaw from the floor.
Random Raspberries chapter 1 . 5/9/2004
Jesus fucking CHRIST! I want your brain! Agh! Your work is so bloody hypnotic and entrancing! It amazes me. Completely. You take boundaries and rules and defenestrate them and I love it like a pickle. You pull shit that is undefinable and completely out-of-nowhere and you somehow make it work. In fact, you do more than make it work. You make it fucking orgasm. My brain is hyperventilating. I think I'll calm myself and then leave an ordinary review. Well, sort of.
As always, you've done well. Your Schwarz fics (and just WK in general) cannot be beaten. Ever. Ever-ever. As my favorite teacher says, - "Whitman would approve." Well, actually, I don't know that Whitman -would- approve, but I sure as hell do. So, um. Yeah. Can I get your autograph sometime? I heart you.
Oh, and I eagerly anticipate the continuation of Ending in Easter and the PoC fic whose name I cannot, unfortunately, remember.
Ah, yes. Happy not-exactly-a-mother-Mother's Day to you.
Tysoyo Kalli chapter 1 . 5/6/2004
I find myself reading your work, even when I hadn't even realized that I was going to be reading it. This happened just like that. I got caught up in the summary, opened it and began. Just as I have with most of your other work. I have to say, this is by far one of the better ones you have done! And Your Schuldig is perfect. I love your relationships with him. How he makes food for Farfarello. How little he actually eats. Its beautiful. And your Crawford is delicious. I'm serious. He really is just delicious.
Madii chapter 1 . 5/5/2004
God I love you. Your Ran/Aya relationship was wonderfully written, and the Brad and Shuldig moments were great. I also really love how you incorperated some Shakesphere in there. Wonderful job.
sheila on-the-run chapter 1 . 5/5/2004
this rocks. my world. so. hard.
bagheera chapter 1 . 5/4/2004
Fantastic! Lovely old-fashioned classical Schwarzfic. It's what you write best, somehow... I liked how it had all the clichés Weiß fictions have, Ran and Aya, the Takatori incident, Nagi letting things float, Farfarello quoting stuff, Crawford beating Schulding up... everything you'd expect of your typical story. And yet perfectly original. Ran and Aya for once not pining but getting at it. Incest (or the idea of) doesn't squick me, I'm an Angel Sanctuary fan. The first time description were accurate :P And Schuldig for once not being horny. At least not much. And best of all: it is long. The more the better.
Amanda chapter 1 . 5/3/2004
Very nice story; I love the Brad/Schu relationship-ish thing. I also have to compliment your ability to write incest so that I don't vomit. Brotherxsister shit usually irks me to no end; in fact, I've never been able to read one through all the way before. I'm still irked but not vomiting :)Great job :)
Guest chapter 1 . 5/3/2004
What a shitty, shitty, fic. When the fuck will you fans learn that sex is not the only facet in which you can express the characters? FFS~
Minerva Solo chapter 1 . 5/3/2004
Love your schwarz unfailingly. And your present tense. And much love for an alarmingly sweet incest.
Cerulean Sky chapter 1 . 5/2/2004
Oh man. I love it. Really I do. Your Schuldig/Crawford relationship is great.