Reviews for Brighter Morning
Eileen A chapter 15 . 8/27/2006
Hey, there!

GREAT story. I just found it, so I don't know if you intend to continue it, but I hope so! You really make Arthur a real and believable character. The storyline flows so very effortlessly that it sounds like something JK would write herself!

I really like the twist that Arthur doesn't want to be a wizard and how you tie it up with Harry understanding Arthur the way no one else could - except Harry!

Great job - I really hope you consider to do more on this story.

Thanks! ~Eileen
Happymint chapter 15 . 8/14/2006
Brilliant story. It's a fresh take on the "absentia" story idea, and I'm only sorry I didn't come across it sooner.
anneth10 chapter 12 . 8/6/2006
I love your idea.. I love your story... hehehe.. though sadly i still haven't finish it yet.. It's already 3am here and i still need to wake up early tommorrow to return to my dormitory (i'm at home right now) anyways... I love your plot though you sometime make grammatical(?) errors w/c I can tolerate because I'm not from an english speaking country.. anyways keep on writing..

mint chapter 15 . 7/24/2006
an enjoyable story though the Malfoy attack was too predictable, and really not very logical. Then again when was Malfoy really effective or logical in canon (aside from some in HBP)? And having his daughter publicly out duelled by a novice Potter would make any Malfoy freak. Otherwise you resisted the easy plots such as having Arthur attend Hogwarts. Nice that he has magical talent but is well grounded and views some of it as 'lazy' and isn't too eager to get more, just the kinds that his teenager mind thinks is cool. I can empathize very much as my own son wants to be a game designer, btw. I think over time Arthur will integrate more with the magical world or maybe that's just a parent's hopes. Actually no, I really do think he will get into wanting to know how and why magic works, given his mechanic's bent. Good job.
mint chapter 12 . 7/24/2006
excellent progression as usual. I laughed right out loud about Filch's note and his chuckling. I could just envision that off-camera scene perfectly. You left us rather curious as to what exactly happened in the corridor but that's ok.
mint chapter 8 . 7/24/2006
oh, well done! I like that Arthur does have magic but reacts realistically in that he thinks more about wanting to stay with his dad. Licia is a nasty bit of work, but no surprise there really. Nice to see the old prejudices against parselmouths is still firmly in place; too much to hope that Harry would get wellknown as the exception to that superstition. I can't believe all parselmouths prior to were evil. Anyway, I'm enjoying this very much!
mint chapter 4 . 7/24/2006
Oh, Snape is such a bastard. I love him so. LOL. And Arthur is, I think, the most natural and wonderful OC I have seen in any of the multiple fandoms I read. I suppose if there's a weak point, it's the premise that Harry was left like this for so long, without any friends visiting etc. for 6-7 years and Snape did mention recent improvement in treatments though someone should have thought of Harry. But of course these get at the underpinning of the story - Arthur pov/taking action - so I accept it without much difficulty.
ladylaughalot chapter 15 . 6/11/2006
Love it update soon
WannabeWhatsit chapter 15 . 5/30/2006
hey love the story! you should update soon so i can read it without forgetting the actual storyline! please? one question... will Harry or Arthur have any sort of romance with someone else later on? if so is it slash? i like slash lemme alone. i think you should have Arthur go to Hogwart but Harry to either teach there or just... be there!
Will12 chapter 15 . 5/29/2006
A very good story, thanks for writing it.
delphic chapter 15 . 5/13/2006
First, I would like to say that I have read all of your stories and find myself utterly entranced by them. This one appeared to be much the same. I thought Arthur was a lovely character and Snape and Lupin very much in canon. Harry's differences could certainly be explained by sleeping for fifteen years. He seemed to be lacking much of the canon confidence and go for broke. It was as if having a child weakened him in many ways. I really liked that Arthur developed magic, and your reasoning behind it being suppressed. Considering his mother's attitude, it makes perfect sense.

I liked the way the story started, sad, and rather hopeless. Then there was a change to more optimistic, although I felt Arthur's disappointment in his father, and his fear of magic. I liked that Snape took an interest in Arthur but found it confusing that Snape had a more appropriate parental attitude than did Harry.

I thought that the attack on Arthur by Draco was rather poorly thought out. There was no reason for it. If Draco had wanted, he could have gotten to Harry at any time over fifteen years, no one would have even noticed. I find it hard to believe that Harry would not have placed wards on his home once he was awake, and I find it impossible to believe that Snape would have apparated directly into the Potter home even for dinner.

I also find it confusing that Arthur does not want to be a wizard, but wants to learn to apparate, and become an animagus. It seems neither fish nor fowl. If he fears magic and the wizarding world, why would he want even those parts?

It also disturbed me that Snape treated Harry well, they seemed to get along reasonably well, and Snape was definitely protective of Arthur, but your characters all state at the end of the story that Arthur is the only one who likes him.

I thought that there were so many ways you could go with this story, that I was disappointed in its ending.
ecocdavid chapter 15 . 5/11/2006
This was a pretty fun story. I knew it wasn't going to be a story about following Harry's child through his new life, but it still ended feeling a little unfinished. You see, I'm a lazy reader and I like to have nice clear endings. We see Arthur casually use magic to warm up his plate of food, but then insist upon being a muggle so there's no clear direction and I prefer being spoonfed such things. ;-) Really, though, I enjoyed just about every chapter. Snape taking a liking to Arthur was mildly amusing and seeing so much of Harry in Arthur was delightful, as well. Thanks for the fic and I'll be trying out Resonance next.
pstibbons chapter 15 . 4/23/2006
Is Ronniekins dead?

“No, you aren’t,” she countered with a sly grin.

"Oy, Mione," huffed Ron, "stop flirting with Harry's son!"
minathia chapter 15 . 4/9/2006
very awesome. read the whole thing today. :D

if you ever decide to write a sequel i will read it happily.

i also think, comparing resonance and it's sequel to this one that you do much better with a younger main character. (like when harry was turned 9 for a weekend)
The-Resident chapter 15 . 3/31/2006
An enjoyable story, but the ending seemed a bit weak and I can't exactly say why other than I was looking for another chapter when I came to 'The End'.
596 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »