Reviews for Prodigals 17: And They Began to be Merry
winterwitchery chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
Strangely enough I'm finnish just like the last reviewer so it seems you have international fans (to this point I was writing this to your website so the other finn is there too)

But to the point. I really like your prodigals series and I hope you will someday write more about it. I have always somehow dissed Scott but I like him in your series and this last one was just so... let's just say that I really felt sorry for the guy. And the way he react to Rachel was just so sweet.

(And becouse I'm lazy I will review the other parts of the serie in this post too. Just so you know.)

I like your characters (expecially Gambit (3 ) and the way he and Scott relate to each other) and I also like your style in this series, I mean like the way you tell two different time lines in turns in couple of stories (yeah, I probably should call them flashbacks but for some reason I don't want to). Most part of time I like blanks that you left beteen the stories and how some of them were filled but I (like apparently some other readers you have) would like to know more about the time Remy and Rogue spent together between stories number 14 and 17. Especially how Rogue came back to herself and how she and Remy left.

By the way I just loved the postcards and letters and e-mails in 15th story.

So in short: I like and I want more *on her way to read next fic*

(The necessary apology: as I said I'm finn and even if I understand english just fine my spelling skills are really afull. I hope you don't get too bad headache when you try to understand me.)
MissGuided chapter 1 . 8/18/2008
I don't know if I should cry for Jean and Scott or gush over how cute Rachel is. Wonderfully done. As usual. :)
Randirogue chapter 1 . 5/15/2008
Another fabulous lil tidbit. You are the master of telling ages of stories in a few lines of dialogue.

Though, sometimes I wish you would type "chere" instead of "sheri." :winks:

Truly love these.
Verity Kindle chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
"Remy, you've stuffed a year's worth of food down my throat ever since you arrived. I'm beginning to think you're really Mystique disguised as Remy and that Mystique is really an Italian grandmother disguised as a naked blue woman and I think that visual is going to make me up-chuck this sandwich."

LOL I like the biblical reference too.
Nat chapter 1 . 5/22/2006
I wish you would update this series! I love your Prodigals to pieces! These stories are truly amazing. Although I pretty much love any X-men story that you write.
SnarkyKat chapter 1 . 8/24/2004
*frown* Is Jean dead? Seems that way...

Nice. Love the Romy'ness. Hopeing for another part soon.
RonWeasley1975 chapter 1 . 7/16/2004
Excellent chapter. I love that you've returned to what I consider the heart of this series, the relationship between Scott and Remy. I do hope that we get more of this great series soon.

Misa1124 chapter 1 . 5/7/2004
I was all kinds of confused when I started reading this fic. I kept wondering if I had missed a story betweent this one and the last. However, you cleared everything up quite nicely in the end. It seems to me that the dynamics between the three have changed a bit, but that could be because of the circumstances they were reunited under. I am curious to see Scott's introspective of his two wayward friends and very curious to see how the relationship between Marie and Remy has developed. I kind of feel like the whole ordeal with Rogue was left a bit unresolved but we do get to see bits and pieces of how she turned out. Ah, well, keep on chugging along. I do enjoy your writing. Until next time.
toturnagain chapter 1 . 5/4/2004
You know, I got to the third or fourth paragraph when one question began tapping in my mind: Where's Jean? Scott's disposition told nothing of a loss, but then as I read on it became more apparent.
I suppose 'shock' should have gave it away. And now that I see it, your categories of Humour/Tragedy.
And here I was happy that it was a version of X-Men where Jean did not die. But I think here it was at its most sombre point, what with leaving a baby behind and all. *sniff*
I don't know if I'd want to read more about the Europe Adventures (what do you call #16?) as much as I would a bit about the mansion being destroyed, à la 'Dreamtime Carousel', from Remy's point of view.
Of course, this is your story. I'm happy enough that you wrote a Prodigals 17. 18 would be much appreciated. 20 is a good, solid, round number.
I've always loved Loved LOVED your titles, and now I finally know where some of them come from. Merci beaucoup. I'm a sucker for religious allusion.
Thou must continue. There is so much potential, and that's overlooking Jean-as-Phoenix. O Great Goddess of Fanfic, we are but humble servants unworthy of such talent.
Dani chapter 1 . 5/4/2004
That was fantastic! I liked all the little details. The boxes for furniture. Studing the ceiling. The uses of a phone book. Please continue this piece. I really enjoyed it.
Jean1 chapter 1 . 5/4/2004
Where have you been? Bad bad writer! Well really good good writer who left us poor scrubs hanging out here hoping for a morsel. I LOVE this series. I'm glad to see Gambit and Rogue have moved forward (loved the sanutered bit) and that Rogue still doesn't quite have the tact Gambit does. But more I just love the friendship between Gambit and Scott - I mean real friends which is so rarely seen in fan fiction anyway and even less between Scott and Remy - it would be hard in 616 but you've set it up so well in movieverse.I also like how you managed to have hints of things from the comics like Rogue and Carol Danvers and Jean's death but give them distinct twists of their own that make them unique. The movie people should look at this series for ideas. It would be nice to see a Wolverine return about now as well. I am gald you've kept him on the road - that' how I will always see movie Logan. Never one to truly be happy settled down or in one place. So yes fill in gaps or add more. Adore the series.
Star-of-Chaos chapter 1 . 5/3/2004
Holy shit! I'd honestly thought you were done with this series. *does an extremely giddy happy dance* Poor Scott though.