Reviews for The Artist's Loving Hand
Barb85 chapter 122 . 10/12/2012
I found, I read, I enjoyed. :)
Grace chapter 1 . 5/14/2007
I just love your stories, having finally watched all the episodes of the tv series, I had some serious cravings for some good Highlander. I didn't think much of Endgame at all. So it was wonderful to read your stories as you seem to have such a handle on all the characters I know and love as well as the ability to create new characters that work so well in the Highlander universe. I've been reading the books in the Eleanor Saga in order and haven't stopped reading for 2 days straight!
rabidrooster chapter 122 . 3/25/2006
Your stories are among the best ones I have read on this site or any other site.
Lythea chapter 1 . 1/23/2006
Some thoughts while reading:

I respect cliffhangers as a storytelling device, to hold people’s interest, but you’re definitely too good at it! And I read all 122 chapters in a few days. I don’t know if I’d have been able to stay sane and read it two chapters at a time ) I could read a single story line from beginning to end at the edge of my seat. To jump from one plot line to another so rapidly is torturous. Please, in your writings in the future, let there be some resolution before moving on to another set of characters. I do, by the way, greatly respect your tendency to withhold information along the way. I don’t mind at all having confusing things stay confusing for half the story or more. I just hate being dragged away if I don’t know if some of my favorite characters are going to live or die.

An exception to your skillful doling out of information is the heavy-handedness with which Duncan’s clan leaderness is emphasized. It’s a wonderful, perfect character/plot development to have that side of him actually mean a great deal to his destiny in this way, but the number of times there was some mention of him being a clan leader was starting to annoy me I’m afraid. If the words “clan leader” had only been mentioned that once, as he realizes, I believe it would have been just as powerful. Earlier perhaps it should have been merely shown by his actions and emotions, not named.

Now this...“Methos snorted. "The Boy Scout? Sorry…" he chuckled. "I don't do slash!”...I understand the temptation...but this is like in the middle of Braveheart someone looks at the camera and smirks. Just...wrong. However modern Methos manages to be, I can’t imagine him knowing a term like slash. It utterly brought me out of the moment.

There were times reading this when I was overwhelmed by how perfect some things were...I have no idea what they were, I was too caught up in the story at those points to remember very well. I have a tendency to read much too fast at times. And you’ve done such a good job extrapolating everyone’s character that I have a weird feeling that when I see the movies that are coming up I’ll be thinking how they got everything wrong because it’s not like this. Very, very few stories have gripped me like this one has.
Hungarian Horntail chapter 122 . 1/8/2006
I'm starting to wonder what I will read after I finish reading your stories. You've spoilt me! Now 99% of the other authors will seem bad amateurs to me.
Hungarian Horntail chapter 10 . 1/4/2006
I forgive you all the bloodshed you wrote about up until now, because you finally got rid of Kenny. Good riddance!
mabpagan chapter 122 . 10/18/2005
Magnificent-one of the best Highlander stories I've ever read, either in the professional or fan world. Thanks so much for sharing your talent!
Vague Lenore chapter 106 . 8/21/2005
Oh my god...those poor children!
FuFuMira chapter 122 . 8/30/2004
Thank you Elle-nora for this beautiful series. I've always enjoyed Highlander fanfiction but this was truly a gift and a joy to read. I felt that though the story was infinitely complicated you kept it equally simple. It was like the steps to Aja's dance beautiful confusing at times but holding all of the answers within it. I wish you well in your original endeavors and I hope to see more of this series in the future. I want to see more of Alisaunne and Derrick and the Brave New World our immortals now find themselves in. Thank you again and Best wishes for the future. You are a truly talented writer and crafter of worlds even when playing in someone else's yard (without ever removing the original character of the universe).

Yours,

Mira
LadyJadePerendhil chapter 122 . 8/25/2004
Can I have a drumroll, please... ANd I'll even sign this sucker. Can I say I have thoroughly enjoyed the past 4 months and my summer was definitely enhanced by the reading of the ff and all the other ones. Many hours of reading went into this and I give kudos to you for such great writing.

So we can basically expect a sequel where Alisaunne figures out the symbols. I get my wish that they have more immortal kiddies. And I hope Derrick and Ali get together since Ian is no more. And a few scenes b/t Methos and Ali wouldn't hurt either; a father daughter moments or two; a ficlet, perhaps.

Hope your novel goes well and you have to post updaes at your homepage. Thanks
KiwiClover chapter 122 . 8/25/2004
Absolutely Beautiful!

It's amazing how you can keep us hanging, and begging for more. What about Nestor? I assume this evil will be addressed in the next installment of this series? So many questions yet unanswered! I EAGERLY await the next piece of the puzzle! WONDERFUL JOB!

Keara
Ann chapter 122 . 8/24/2004
BRAVO! BRAVO! BRAVO!

Wonderful. I would really like to hear more about Darius' puzzle and how everyone fits into that scheme. And of course Derrik's future that Cassandra saw for him. But my one question for you is where your original works will be? I really enjoy your writting style and I would like to read more when it becomes available.
Sarai chapter 122 . 8/24/2004
Good story! I wish you had resolved the plite of the imortals in Mexico and Nester though.
colorfree chapter 122 . 8/24/2004
Wow. I am so impressed and yet jealous all at the same time. Thanks for all of the hard work. I absolutely loved it and look forward to your next story.
stcobb chapter 122 . 8/24/2004
Very good ending to this story. Of course, I need closure on this story someday. Sooner rather than later of course.