Reviews for Something Akin to A Love Story
Princess Persephone chapter 3 . 6/24/2004
“James! There’s a Head-Boy badge in your milk!
Princess Persephone chapter 1 . 6/24/2004
OH GOD! This has to be one of the best pieces of fanfiction I have ever read! And it's only the first chapter!

This may not have been the smartest way to gain the attention of Miss Lily Evans, but he was, after all, a Twelve year old boy who was madly in love. And Twelve year old boys, much less lovesick ones, are usually rather stupid.

LOL!
practiceGirly chapter 4 . 6/21/2004
I really like this story so far! Update, I can't wait for them to get together.

PS- OOTP came out a year from today. Can you believe its already been that long?
Tracey chapter 4 . 6/21/2004
I really hope you're not getting sick of me saying that you're absolutely hilarious. After the umbrella incident with the whole Lily stared, James stared, the next line about Sirius and the witch in a white shirt threw me for a loop!

Oh, and forgive me if I've mentioned this before, but I find it so funny how James seems to have absolutely no control of what he says and does whenever he thinks or sees Lily. The poor boy can't even talk at times, it cracks me up!
MPPMaraudergirl chapter 4 . 6/20/2004
Awesome job! I really hope you feel better! Seriously, I'm not just saying that! If you need to take a break from writing go for it! I've done that recently. This was a great chapter, and I really want you to feel better before you write more! Awesome job!
Captain Oblivious chapter 4 . 6/20/2004
*between The New Chapter and The Cold, is having a difficult time breathing* Your writing is so effortlessly hilarious. . . nothing amusing has to happen, the 'narration,' if you will, simply spells it out in the funniest way possible!

And now I shall have to search for something for to amuse myself. Hm. . .

Update soon!
MPPMaraudergirl chapter 3 . 6/20/2004
Awesome chapter! I've got to go read next chapter!
lineronmylefteyeonly chapter 4 . 6/19/2004
hey you are an extrememly good author. is this the end to this love story? i should hope not!
Analise chapter 4 . 6/19/2004
This has got to be just about the cutest story I've ever read. I really hope you feel better, because I've so been where you are and it's completely horrible. Keep up the wonderful story, I adore your writing!
dreamingofaboy chapter 4 . 6/19/2004
update SOON!
duva chapter 4 . 6/19/2004
Attacked by a duck indeed, haha. Only James. Another lovely chapter!
padfootedmoony chapter 4 . 6/19/2004
great story!
gpoy chapter 4 . 6/19/2004
I honestly can't understand why you don't have more reviews! Why is there such injustice in the world! *Grr*

Oh well, I shall fight my one-girl crusade to give you more reviews by . . . yes, you guessed it: Reviewing!

Firstly, I love this sodding fic! From the first, let's see . . . six lines, you had me hooked and now I honestly think that there has never been an L/J fic such as this, or will there ever be again.

Do you ever get that thing when you're reading fics, where you just want to get up and do summat else for two seconds, or you switch the internet explorer window for a bit of a break? Well, here's the thing, I have never wanted to tear my eyes away form your fic . . . ever. Be bloody proud of yourself, for that has never happened before, and most probably never will again.

Nextly, everyone in your story just fits together so nicely. I just realised how incredibly dodgy that sentence sounded, but what I meant was, their personalities just bounce off each other in such a hilarious manner, it gives you such a fuzzy feeling to read. I especially like the squijiness between James's parents. Obviously because Lily and James will be like themselves one day.

Your descriptive skills are fabity-fab-fab, I'll have you know, and you think of spiffy events and deliver them marvelously, one after another. That incident in the owlery made me melt like the cheese-on-toast I had for lunch today, and then that whole umbrella-sword fighting thang . . . Ah, what larks they had, what larks indeed.

You know what your fic reminds me of? A romantic film like Notting Hill or Love, Actually. Also, by the style of your writing, I find it very hard to believe you're not English.

By the power vested in me (as someone with a British passport), I now make you an honorary Brit, that alright by you?

One tiny, itsy-bitsy, teeny-weeny, little poka-dot bikini of a nitpick though, which you may want to consider thinking about contemplating reflecting on:

When someone says something, followed by 'said whatshisface', it's all one sentence.

Par example:

'Bollocks!' exclaimed James, studying the handiwork of his impomtu spell, 'well, that definitely wasn't supposed to happen. Sorry about that.'

Grammitcal wingeing aside, this really was a top notch fic and I would send you a box of muffins if I were that sort of stalker-type, disturbing person . . . or if I had any bling, see?

May your keyboard shatter into a million and three pieces with the speed at which you type the next chappy, savvy?

[Salutes in The Boys' Brigade-type manner]

~God Save the Queen
pasmosa chapter 1 . 6/19/2004
I really like what you have written so far. It is really sweet and well done. I like that you haven't made them have totally extreme unrealistic personalities. They seem really balanced and believable so far. My favorite part was when James reflected about Lily being good at answering his weird comments. I hope you keep working on it - I look forward to seeing more!
PhOeNiXReBiRtH chapter 4 . 6/19/2004
very nice chapter D i love this fic! so cute and sweet
183 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 .. Last Next »