Reviews for Something Akin to A Love Story
Missing Summer chapter 5 . 12/26/2005
i loved it! but is that all...terrible cliffhanger i must say! good job though.
Etar chapter 5 . 12/26/2005
Sounds good, and its pretty funny as well. Thanks for such an amusing story, personnaly I feel lovesick teenagers are most perculiar, please enlighten me by updating soon. Well Done so far,

E
BubbleAngel chapter 5 . 12/19/2005
Wonderful story! I'm looking forwart to the next chapter.
On3-ShoT chapter 5 . 11/21/2005
Uh... I liked this very much.. please continue.. but no pressure there.. i'm an author myself and i know how it goes... whehehehehe..

nice story! i loved it.. :o)

please do continue.. :)
Weird Not Boring chapter 5 . 10/6/2005
oh! I really hope you continue this! It's so good! Even if it's just a couple words - anything would be great! Awesome job!
Purrr chapter 1 . 9/12/2005
I like your style...but can’t help being irritated by Lily. Forgive me, but why doesn’t she just ignore James and get together with Remus? I’d like to see that happen, since Remus is just as sexy as Sirius – m...maybe more so – and James so far hasn’t shown anything promising except an ability to reply wittily to Sirius’s quips.

Perhaps that’s the problem: the reader doesn’t know James very well, even though he’s the main character; but you communicated Remus’s personality with a couple of nicely placed comments (in the scene under the tree). Try to tell us a bit more about our leading-boy as well.

Back to Lily. It is extremely difficult to write an engaging, courageous, sexy heroine without also making her annoying, blind, and thick. So don’t feel too bad about Lily, especially since this is a comedy piece about James, and she’s only a second character. But that doesn’t mean you have to drag out the time it takes her to see that James is, in fact, her knight in (rather grotty) armor and that she loves him to bits.

Either introduce a second dilemma to keep us occupied, or bring them together more quickly. Note that them being together doesn’t mean the end of the story; you can continue on with their rocky relationship even after it’s a relationship.

All in all, your story has charm and humor, and I will keep reading for as long as you write it that way.

Good luck!

Pur
Akt5us chapter 5 . 9/11/2005
Love the story! Update soon! I also love the other one that you posted on portkey! Update that too!
next- world domination chapter 5 . 8/26/2005
I really like this, especially your characterization of James. I've added it to my favorites list. :)
shaw95 chapter 5 . 8/10/2005
this is the funniest story, i was cracking up throughout the whole thing and my sisters were getting really annoyed. anyway update soon looking forward to reading on
spoons are for marmalade skies chapter 5 . 6/27/2005
i found the typo. it's in this one too. you keep putting whenever instead of when. it's quite confusing.

james is a bit of a prat. he sort of pulls it off though.

remus is great. remus' are a little on the shaky side, they tend to be prudish and dull, or else carbon copies of sirius/james. this one is perfect, or a version of perfection anyway.

merci beaucoup, please post soon, etc.
spoons are for marmalade skies chapter 4 . 6/27/2005
i take that back about sirius. i love him to pieces. and james' parents are the best.

v funny chapter it made me laugh. one small thing to point out: knickers and panties are not the same thing. i just found this out today so let me explain in great detail. while they are both underwear, and panties can be knickers, and technically knickers are panties, this is not exclusive. knickers is a specialized form of panties that are very large, closer to granny-panties, as it were. while i am sure you wanted her in something substantial, knickers is overdoing it. they can be unattractive without being unflattering is the main thing here.

but i'm not british so i have no replacement words. you'd have to look it up.

carry on, v good in all.
spoons are for marmalade skies chapter 1 . 6/26/2005
i like it.

there was a typo in there somewhere but i can't remember what. something nit-picky, no doubt.

i don't think too much of sirius though.
siriusforeva chapter 5 . 6/9/2005
Awe! Omg I love it! I really want to know what Lily does. Update soon pwease!
man eating plant chapter 5 . 6/7/2005
omg this is such a good story! i've been laughing all the way through it. plz plz plz update soon! btw, what did Sirius do with James' letter?
missthisthat14 chapter 5 . 5/29/2005
Cliffhangers. They will be the death of me. And of you, too, if you don't update soon... just kidding! Why would I threaten to murder such a wonderful writer? Of course I wouldnt! Now will you update?
183 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »