Reviews for Death and the Captain
Caretaker13 chapter 1 . 4/26/2014
Haha, I loved this. A tale well told. ;-)
fierynightangel chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
aren't you gonna tell the story of him meeting morpheus?
Raven Aorla chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
You've got them both down to a T. I love it.
t.m.p.a chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
Well I want to hear about the time when Jack met Dream. *pout* No, even better he might have met Delirium 'cause that would explain quite alot actually..
exil chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
good stuff. aswome work here.
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
A great story. Very good.
Meltha chapter 1 . 2/19/2008
This was great fun, and I can really imagine the two of them interacting like this.
Elizabeth Tudor chapter 1 . 1/13/2008
YES! Finally someone else who's read Sandman! And put it to such good use too... My compliments. it's smoothly paced, well-written, and clever. If anyone could meet Death and escape unscathed it would be Captain Sparrow, though I think he'd get along wonderfully with Delirium as well. They'd go so well together, both being whatever they want to be... My only complaint is that there are a few too many references to his betrayal. There are only so many times you can use the phrase 'treacherous first mate' without it sounding forced. Other than that, I love it. Did you know your story was referenced in Film Fantasy Magazine? They ran a 'Pirates' edition, with a blurb on fanfics, and yours was listed as their top choice for a crossover fic, that was how I found it. Anyway, good writing!
fee-kh chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
Oh that made me laugh so much. You have Jack'S voice down pat. I could hear it in my head while I was reading.

For some annoying reason though Death's voice sounded a but like Kyra's, especially when she asks him: Are you not Jack Sparrow?

But that is no fault of yours.

What really makes it though is the end, with skeptical Will opening his big mouth.

And Jack Sparrow and Dream, maybe THAT is why he is all wo adn weird. Loved it.
Qoheleth chapter 1 . 11/29/2005
Dear Trinity:

I wonder if Neil Gaiman had any idea how useful he was making himself to crossover writers when he came up with the Endless. Somehow, they manage to fit just about any fandom - particularly in the hands of a writer such as you.

That said, I do have one slight quibble. You said a couple days ago that you'd be more comfortable if my story was longer. I, for one, would be more comfortable if some of your sentences were shorter. In particular, the line about Death's eyes could stand to have a few adjectives pruned from it. But that's a little thing.

Sincerely,

Qoheleth
Geheimnis chapter 1 . 6/30/2005
I don't know what to say.

Honestly, I have read this, and it is taking me more than a few moments to decide what I want to say about it. It's incredible - you're a very witty writer, and you know how to keep Gaiman and Sparrow perfectly accurate and balanced.

More than that (though it goes hand in hand with excellent character writing) is the way you write conversation! It has such a flow to it that it's all too easy to find yourself completely caught up until you are deposited at the end of the tale, one fable richer.
mecca chapter 1 . 1/19/2005
This is really great.
pauraque chapter 1 . 5/17/2004
Got here via addicted_to_gay. I really enjoyed this - good character voices, works well with Jack's story and personal mythology. Thanks for posting it.
unplugged32 chapter 1 . 5/17/2004
What a fabulous story! Wonderfully original, witty and Jack is perfectly in character. Well done!
Jenna chapter 1 . 5/15/2004
This is marvelous! Perfect Jack and a believable Death, and you know that's exactly how he'd react if they ever met. Great job!