Reviews for A Long and Weary March
Hmm, I hope Sara would refrain from pettiness. She is above this. Thank you for a lovely, lovely story.
I love this extension of what-could in the A Little Princess world. I totally loved Sara's treatment of Miss Minchin, and thought it a fitting extrapolation of her character. All throughout the book, nobility, generosity of spirit and graciousness were what identified Sara as a great heroine, and if in her 'victory', she became the antithesis of all that she embodied, would reflect very poorly on her, indeed. All in all, you did an amazing job with Sara! Thank you so much for such a marvellous story!
Guest chapter 17 . 10/26/2015
Oh my goodness what to say. I know that it has been a long time since you have written this, but this story is amazing. Everyone was perfectly in charecter! I loved Henry and now I can't see Sara with anyone else! This should be published!
Luiz4200 chapter 17 . 7/8/2015
Good one.
Luiz4200 chapter 16 . 7/8/2015
Hahahahahaha! Lavinia got the humiliation she deserves.
Luiz4200 chapter 13 . 7/8/2015
I'm imagining as well.
thatcoyotegirlwolf chapter 17 . 4/13/2014
I just read this entire story in one sitdown. I love it! A Little Princess is my favorite book, and this is almost like reading it all over again! Good job, and thanks for writing!
BettiAnn chapter 17 . 7/26/2013
Thank you for finishing! This was the alternate ending to "A Little Princess" that I had been looking for. You have a very polished and refreshing style of writing.
Q the Professor chapter 17 . 4/1/2013
Well-written, gentle, heartwarming, and surprisingly effective.

The title, in particular, is a very felicitous choice.

The Biblical themes are well chosen, too, and are an added plus for the self-professed "Biblical geek" that I am.

And the updated versions of Lottie and Mr. Carrisford are particularly sweet. I've taken the liberty of adding the story here ( /FanficRecs/ALittlePrincess), in the interests of wider circulation. Keep up the good work!
Femke-the-lotus chapter 17 . 2/5/2013
this was a beatifull and amzing story! i really loved to read it and is to me a pleasure to revieuw it! i hope you keep writing stories like this you have an amazing skill for it

keep it up amazing work

from grovylethethieflover
wolfmizu chapter 17 . 8/2/2011
This is Wonderful! How old is Sara supposed to be here?
Annabeth-Kahlan-Alanna-Cara chapter 17 . 4/4/2011
I really liked your story!
Quentin 316 chapter 17 . 3/6/2011
Not really a huge fan of fanfic, but this was a good story! After overcoming my initial incredulity at meeting Sara grown up (she's still fixed at 9-13 in my mind), this one worked very well. It has a lot of touches in common with the anime adaptation - did you use it as one of your sources? And Lottie was a riot. Good work!
Silent fragaments chapter 17 . 12/15/2010
wow this story is amazing! I love how through you didn't imitata the writing style (god help anyone that does) you stayed true to the book! Amazing!
Katamabob chapter 17 . 11/7/2010
It was lovely! A fabulous 'what if' story. Great imagination, great writing and true narrative talent. Very nice. Loved Henry, and I loved Becky finally standing up to Miss Minchin. Maria was also fun, and I love how Lottie's grown ;)

Sweet and wonderful, and the language of the dialogue is impressively similar to the book's.

Kate