Reviews for A Long and Weary March
PrincessAlica chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
very sweet!

I love Little Princess!

You are doing a great job and I look forward to readig the rest of what you have done!
Holly chapter 17 . 12/18/2008
Well, what can I say? A Little Princess is my all-time favourite book and this has just shown me that there are writers out there who can capture Burnett's wonderful narrative and emotion, and create something which I am sure Burnett herself would have been proud of. You have captured Sara appropriately as Burnett does in the novel, without making her seem to snobby or conceited. I also love the 1986 television adaptation of the novel (I think the 1995 version was a bit O.T.T as they picked a pretty golden-haired beauty to play Sara and Sara's dad magically recovers from amnesia at the sight of her.) The 1986 version follows the plot of the novel adding a few new characters such as Henrietta who add humour to the piece. Sorry to ramble on but I think this is definitely worth 5 stars and I would love to see the original Sara in the 1986 version (Amelia Shankley) in a sequel film following your own plot! Maybe sometime in the future...

Good Luck and Well done!

Holly

U.K
Princess of Rose chapter 17 . 12/10/2008
Beautiful.

You could have descirbed the wedding better, though.
Princess of Rose chapter 16 . 8/11/2008
Please please update- your story is fantastic. Just an epilogue, and the wedding- please? It's been four years!
The Spiked Dragon chapter 16 . 6/10/2008
I hope that you update your story soon,and by the way what is Almack's?
XfallenstarO chapter 7 . 5/4/2008
Very well written!

I only feel that you should describe Sara's pain, her emotions a little more when she rejects Henry's proposal.
phoenix-tears-heal-all chapter 16 . 4/26/2008
UPDATE! please
Thundercat chapter 15 . 10/21/2007
Very entertaining. I admit that I have never read the book and I have never seen the the 1985 film. I am only familiar with the old Shirly Temple movie. Your story was simple enough for me understand it.
Alexia31 chapter 16 . 4/8/2007
fantastic fic - PLEASE UPDATE!
The Spiked Dragon chapter 16 . 2/7/2007
What is Almacks? Great story by the way.
the1hobbit chapter 16 . 11/8/2006
hey, you ever going to finish the last chapter? please?

..I know im a bit late in coming, but hey, better late than never right?
MissLed chapter 16 . 10/12/2006
Hey! I loved the book - not so much the movie - and I loved your fanfic! Sort of died after a happy ending was acheived (happy endings are such dead ends... in real life too)

Be cool if you made something go drastically wrong in the last chapter... like Henry has already got a wife (hehe... I'm ruining mr. perfect)! or... he has an affair with Becky! or... Sara dies from a rebout of whatever-disease-she-had (pneumonia maybe?)... or Miss. Minchin turns out to be his relative and his parents force him to make her come to the wedding... MUAHAHAHAHA theres no end to that evil woman!
bookworm382 chapter 16 . 9/10/2006
This is an excellent story. I love the book and the movies. I have just started reading fanfic about it.
Philippa chapter 16 . 8/27/2006
So close to the end! You really should finish this. Just a page about the wedding would do!
Philippa chapter 10 . 8/27/2006
Ok, I officially REALLY like you! I know of only one other person in our age group who loves Georgette Heyer novels (and I was the one who introduced her to them)! If I had to choose my favorite, it would be a toss up between "Devil's Cub" and "The Convenient Marriage," although "April Lady" and Friday's Child" are also completely hilarious. Why don't you go to MY school?

Anyway, I've been enjoying this story very much. I adored the song in this chapter (where did you find it?), and really appreciate your attempts to mimic the language of the original book. As far as I know, "bamming" means exactly what you thought it did (you probably know that by now, since it's been a couple of years since you write this...)
152 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »