Reviews for A Long and Weary March
To-Far-Out chapter 17 . 6/24/2010
hi, i really like your story i think its good. the whole; what if sara wasn't saved from the seminary is something i have thought over myself. I just wanted to let you know that 'A little princess' can also be found in books, and seeing that your story is based more on the books then the movie you might want to put it up there as well.
me chapter 17 . 5/20/2010
I just finished reading the whole thing.

THIS IS SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO GOOD!

Now I'm going to read all of your other stories!
Sapphire Warrioress chapter 17 . 2/25/2010
A great lighthearted tale.

Although things seemed a little rushed as far as the romance between Henry and Sara and the pace of the story went overall it was a fun and delightful read.

I loved Lottie's diversion and how Miss Minchin was humiliated, and would love to see you write more for this category.

Maybe a story with Miss Amelia deciding to act and putting the pieces together about who is living nextdoor and his search for Captain Crewe's daughter?

As you said, compared to your LOTR stories the writing here isn't as developed, but your plot was intriguing and I like how you wrote believable realistic futures for all of Sara's friends.

Thanks for sharing this tale and good luck with future stories.
CGinny chapter 17 . 11/17/2009
aw... i loved it... it made me feel so many emotions a time, i cried, laughed, smiled... just as any great story should do...

Congratulations

x x CG*
Anne chapter 17 . 10/7/2009
I never thought to look for A Little Princess fanfiction before, and found this one by accident. It was a fun read and makes me want to re-read the book!
Cristalake chapter 17 . 1/26/2009
It was sweet. I love the dialect.
PrincessAlica chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
very sweet!

I love Little Princess!

You are doing a great job and I look forward to readig the rest of what you have done!
Holly chapter 17 . 12/18/2008
Well, what can I say? A Little Princess is my all-time favourite book and this has just shown me that there are writers out there who can capture Burnett's wonderful narrative and emotion, and create something which I am sure Burnett herself would have been proud of. You have captured Sara appropriately as Burnett does in the novel, without making her seem to snobby or conceited. I also love the 1986 television adaptation of the novel (I think the 1995 version was a bit O.T.T as they picked a pretty golden-haired beauty to play Sara and Sara's dad magically recovers from amnesia at the sight of her.) The 1986 version follows the plot of the novel adding a few new characters such as Henrietta who add humour to the piece. Sorry to ramble on but I think this is definitely worth 5 stars and I would love to see the original Sara in the 1986 version (Amelia Shankley) in a sequel film following your own plot! Maybe sometime in the future...

Good Luck and Well done!

Holly

U.K
Princess of Rose chapter 17 . 12/10/2008
Beautiful.

You could have descirbed the wedding better, though.
Princess of Rose chapter 16 . 8/11/2008
Please please update- your story is fantastic. Just an epilogue, and the wedding- please? It's been four years!
The Spiked Dragon chapter 16 . 6/10/2008
I hope that you update your story soon,and by the way what is Almack's?
XfallenstarO chapter 7 . 5/4/2008
Very well written!

I only feel that you should describe Sara's pain, her emotions a little more when she rejects Henry's proposal.
phoenix-tears-heal-all chapter 16 . 4/26/2008
UPDATE! please
Thundercat chapter 15 . 10/21/2007
Very entertaining. I admit that I have never read the book and I have never seen the the 1985 film. I am only familiar with the old Shirly Temple movie. Your story was simple enough for me understand it.
Alexia31 chapter 16 . 4/8/2007
fantastic fic - PLEASE UPDATE!
158 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »